March 25, 2019, 07:31:33 PM

Author Topic: Who knows what they are doing today!?!?  (Read 474 times)

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
Who knows what they are doing today!?!?
« on: March 04, 2019, 07:26:55 AM »
Anybody.....Nope?

Online AnnyeongAnnie

• Waygookin
Re: Who knows what they are doing today!?!?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:39:40 AM »
I feel this on a spiritual level. The teachers around me in the office are getting settles into their new desks, and I'm sitting here like...  Uh, Cool.

Basically awaiting instructions, which is my least favorite thing to do. 힝~

Online Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 07:45:47 AM »
No idea, the Kor-teachers are in a meeting, and I don't have the new textbook or my schedule yet. :o

Offline destawil

• Waygookin
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 07:57:52 AM »
I planned out a lesson for my classes today. Turned out there are no classes...So now I'm about to bother my coteacher for the new text books so I can plan out most of the semester today.

Online CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 08:03:29 AM »
Have no idea. Just sitting at my desk!

I planned out a lesson for my classes today. Turned out there are no classes...So now I'm about to bother my coteacher for the new text books so I can plan out most of the semester today.

How much time do you roughly spend on planning lessons? I'm curious because I take a long time but I feel like I'm wasting it. Tips would be helpful!  :angel:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 08:05:16 AM »
Got my new textbooks.  1) Bummed that they aren't the same text books I've been using for yeeears 2) Don't like that my 6th graders are using a book that is a level down when I had confidence that they could use the same 6th grade text book that I had been using.  I feel sorry for some of my kids who know this stuff and will say things like "We learned this last year"  when in reality their current book is much of the material from their 5th grade book. :lipsrsealed:  Yep, on my way to winning "Most Fun Teacher" award :rolleyes:

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 08:06:30 AM »
I managed to get a copy of my new textbooks for one school, still missing for my other school.

And my schedule has only been spoken of in whispers so far. I'm sure it exists, though. My destiny awaits.

Online megitymeg

• Waygookin
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 08:08:05 AM »
First day at a new school (I have 3 now) and no one here understands i'm teaching here on Mondays only

Off to a great start!

Offline destawil

• Waygookin
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
Have no idea. Just sitting at my desk!

How much time do you roughly spend on planning lessons? I'm curious because I take a long time but I feel like I'm wasting it. Tips would be helpful!  :angel:

It depends on my attention span. Usually, I spend maybe 3 hours. Last semester I would do it day by day and sometimes on Sunday. But I want to spend more time doing nothing now so..I'm gonna try to plan more than one lesson.

I use waygook and k*rshare. Then I steal parts of lessons from teachers on Pinterest as well. Also, most of my schools want me to do the listening and speaking part so for my middle schools it takes up a lot of time.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 08:15:45 AM »
I'm just doing what I always do on the first day of a new school year - enjoying the fact that I don't have classes. Also deep cleaning my desk.

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 08:30:21 AM »
4pm the three now-4th graders i taught last year

6pm ten now-1st yr middle school students, five i've been teaching for a year, the others i had for a few months half a year ago

7pm - four 1st yr middle school students from different classes, one new student

CHOSE MY BOOKS LAST WEEK, ONLY 6PM CLASS' BOOKS HAVEN'T ARRIVED YET.

Monday will be good. It's 930 am now, just woke up, will head off  to work at 1pm or 2pm.

The first day of the new school year is all about production exercises: conversation and q&a sentence writing (answers about their first day, comparing it to last year, likes and dislikes, uniforms for 1st yr middle schoolers, new teachers, classes).

Offline shiniillumi

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 08:35:33 AM »
Got told there's no classes today.
Got told there's issues with the schedule so there might not be classes all week.
No mention of which books I'm using or which of the 3 grades I'm teaching. (One year the teacher before me taught 2nd and 3rd, but I taught 1st and 3rd last year).
1st years had a new book last year but 3rds did not.

I mean, I'm ok with all of this, but it's hard to plan lessons when I don't know which level I'm planning for using which book, haha.

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 08:40:09 AM »
4pm the three now-4th graders i taught last year

6pm ten now-1st yr middle school students, five i've been teaching for a year, the others i had for a few months half a year ago

7pm - four 1st yr middle school students from different classes, one new student

CHOSE MY BOOKS LAST WEEK, ONLY 6PM CLASS' BOOKS HAVEN'T ARRIVED YET.

Monday will be good. It's 930 am now, just woke up, will head off  to work at 1pm or 2pm.

The first day of the new school year is all about production exercises: conversation and q&a sentence writing (answers about their first day, comparing it to last year, likes and dislikes, uniforms for 1st yr middle schoolers, new teachers, classes).

6pm....7pm  :huh: :huh:  that sounds like a hakwon schedule.   :huh: :huh:

Offline altoids17

• Explorer
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 08:46:30 AM »
My Co T informed me during the break that there are lots of changes in the curriculum in general.  We don't have 5-6 English text books yet. I'm also waiting for my new schedule. There is a good chance I may not have to teach today but here is what I have planned.

I'm just going to go over classroom rules and daily journal format.

Then have a random trivia game with white boards. General English questions depending on grade.  i.e. Can you write a small "q" ? Can you draw a cute cat?  Can you write "happy"? Can you draw an angry face? Where is Judy Teacher from? etc.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 08:51:28 AM »
Just confirmed that there are issues with my schedule, and that's why I haven't seen it, yet.

Pretty sure I'm not going to see the books for my other school for at least a couple of weeks, too. Not sure what's going on there, but not going to worry about it.