March 19, 2019, 01:26:40 PM

Author Topic: Your thinking is black people commit more crimes because...?  (Read 1346 times)

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
Your thinking is black people commit more crimes because...?
« on: March 02, 2019, 11:02:49 PM »
The standard conservative one I think. Poverty, yes of course , being indoctrinated to think they're victims, yes, but mainly breakdown of the family, 77% single parent families in the black community compared to 49% of Hispanics and 30% for whites. I would put police discrimination and any racism in the legal system at a very small percentage. Non US Blacks living in the US are doing just fine

https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 02:38:34 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
Re: Your thinking is black people commit more crimes because...?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 08:53:18 AM »
removed off-topic posts.
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2019, 11:42:57 AM »
Silly argument.

Persons in poor households at or below the Federal Poverty Level (FPL) (39.8 per 1,000) had more than double the rate of violent victimization as persons in high-income households (16.9 per 1,000).

Persons in poor households had a higher rate of violence involving a firearm (3.5 per 1,000) compared to persons above the FPL (0.8-2.5 per 1,000).

The overall pattern of poor persons having the highest rates of violent victimization was consistent for both whites and blacks. However, the rate of violent victimization for Hispanics did not vary across poverty levels.

Poor Hispanics (25.3 per 1,000) had lower rates of violence compared to poor whites (46.4 per 1,000) and poor blacks (43.4 per 1,000).

Poor persons living in urban areas (43.9 per 1,000) had violent victimization rates similar to poor persons living in rural areas (38.8 per 1,000).

Poor urban blacks (51.3 per 1,000) had rates of violence similar to poor urban whites (56.4 per 1,000).

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=pbdetail&iid=5137

It’s poverty. Institutional, deliberately designed and maintained poverty based mostly on race and less so on class.

In 2006, amid the real estate run-up, black families earning more than $200,000 annually were more likely on average to be given a subprime loan than a white family making $30,000 a year, according to research by Jacob William Faber, a sociologist at New York University who studies racial economic disparity.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2019/02/28/feature/the-heartbreaking-decrease-in-black-homeownership/?utm_term=.34e4915f5c06

It’s not single parent households, it’s not some bullshit ‘indoctrination’, the fact that you’re willing to discount the effect discriminatory policing and criminal justice practices has on black Americans is plain ignorant...whether your ignorance is deliberate or not, I’ll leave to others.

Across the US, almost half a million presumptively innocent people sit in jail daily because they cannot afford bail. Some of the devastating consequences include loss of jobs, disruption of child care, inability to pay rent, and deeper destitution, Alston said.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/21/us-criminal-justice-system-fuels-poverty-cycle

What happens when you have a criminal record?

White men with a criminal record had more positive responses than black men with no criminal record.

https://csgjusticecenter.org/reentry/posts/researchers-examine-effects-of-a-criminal-record-on-prospects-for-employment/

Nothing I’m saying here is new info...I’ve been rehashing the same talking points with multiple corroborating credible sources...but here we are AGAIN having to correct the same ignorant statements and beliefs.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2019, 11:43:07 AM »
I don't think an evolutionary explanation can be ruled out. Has anyone read Nicholas Wade's book, A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History?

Evolution can happen in a relatively short period of time. For example, Wade points that the English became significantly less violent between 1200 and 1800. Their homicide rate went down by 90% during that period. Wade attributes this to the rich having more surviving children than the poor in England. It takes patience and self discipline to make a lot of money- qualities which are in short supply among criminals.

I doubt that all populations have undergone domestication to that extent.

Foxes can be bred to be tame enough to be around humans within a mere eight generations. Assuming that a generation among humans is 25 years there are 24 generations within a period of 600 years. So that's plenty of time for significant adaptation to occur.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2019, 11:49:46 AM »
The standard conservative one I think. Poverty, yes of course , being indoctrinated to think they're victims, yes, but mainly breakdown of the family, 77% single parent families in the black community compared to 49% of Hispanics and 30% for whites. I would put police discrimination and any racism in the legal system at a very small percentage. Non US Blacks living in the US are doing just fine

https://www.blackenterprise.com/black-immigrants-in-u-s-earning-30-more-than-u-s-born-blacks/

And then you’re talking about black immigrants, who are often the brightest, highest achieving and most educated their native countries have to offer...Nigerian immigrants in the US, for example have the highest attainment of both undergraduate and post graduate degrees of any group in the US.

Although they make up a tiny portion of the U.S. population, a whopping 17 percent of all Nigerians in this country held master's degrees while 4 percent had a doctorate, according to the 2006 American Community Survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 37 percent had bachelor's degrees.

To put those numbers in perspective, 8 percent of the white population in the U.S. had master's degrees, according to the Census survey. And 1 percent held doctorates. About 19 percent of white residents had bachelor's degrees. Asians come closer to the Nigerians with 12 percent holding master's degrees and 3 percent having doctorates.

https://www.chron.com/news/amp/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

Online NorthStar

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2019, 11:55:51 AM »
It’s poverty. Institutional, deliberately designed and maintained poverty based mostly on race and less so on class.

Right on...L.B.J.'s "Great Society"...he did not want the black population to vote at all.  But if they did, he wanted them to vote Democrat. 

It’s not single parent households, it’s not some bullshit ‘indoctrination’, the fact that you’re willing to discount the effect discriminatory policing and criminal justice practices has on black Americans is plain ignorant...whether your ignorance is deliberate or not, I’ll leave to others.

Single mother households (the feminization of poverty) have much to do with this.  Indoctrination into the grievance brigade with an entitlement persona, also has much to do with this (by design)..along with fostering a culture of dependence....again, Democrats.   

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 12:03:30 PM »

And then you’re talking about black immigrants, who are often the brightest, highest achieving and most educated their native countries have to offer...Nigerian immigrants in the US, for example have the highest attainment of both undergraduate and post graduate degrees of any group in the US.

Although they make up a tiny portion of the U.S. population, a whopping 17 percent of all Nigerians in this country held master's degrees while 4 percent had a doctorate, according to the 2006 American Community Survey conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau. In addition, 37 percent had bachelor's degrees.

To put those numbers in perspective, 8 percent of the white population in the U.S. had master's degrees, according to the Census survey. And 1 percent held doctorates. About 19 percent of white residents had bachelor's degrees. Asians come closer to the Nigerians with 12 percent holding master's degrees and 3 percent having doctorates.

https://www.chron.com/news/amp/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php

So you're saying Americans are only racist towards black people without high level qualifications?

The fact that you're willing to discount single parent households and the dependency culture outright is also plain ignorant. I didn't discount policing, I said it's probably responsible for a small percentage.

Across the US, almost half a million presumptively innocent people sit in jail daily because they cannot afford bail. Some of the devastating consequences include loss of jobs, disruption of child care, inability to pay rent, and deeper destitution, Alston said.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2018/06/21/us-criminal-justice-system-fuels-poverty-cycle

I do think this is a major problem with the US justice system. Which presumably affects both black and white people.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:05:36 PM by eggieguffer »

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 12:03:49 PM »
“Grievance brigade with an entitlement persona”...does that also apply to Jews who continue to receive reparations today from the holocaust? What about Japanese Americans who were compensated for their unfair internment during the war?

Does it also apply to white Americans who benefited from the New Deal? Or is it mainly a black bashing thing?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 12:06:58 PM »
I don't think an evolutionary explanation can be ruled out. Has anyone read Nicholas Wade's book, A Troublesome Inheritance: Genes, Race and Human History?

Evolution can happen in a relatively short period of time. For example, Wade points that the English became significantly less violent between 1200 and 1800. Their homicide rate went down by 90% during that period. Wade attributes this to the rich having more surviving children than the poor in England. It takes patience and self discipline to make a lot of money- qualities which are in short supply among criminals.

I doubt that all populations have undergone domestication to that extent.

Foxes can be bred to be tame enough to be around humans within a mere eight generations. Assuming that a generation among humans is 25 years there are 24 generations within a period of 600 years. So that's plenty of time for significant adaptation to occur.

What the hell are you smoking? Domestication? Taming foxes?

Bringing up eugenics in a white supremacy discussion.

You really wear your racism on your shoulder. Right above your Iron Cross, I bet.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 12:07:29 PM »
“Grievance brigade with an entitlement persona”...does that also apply to Jews who continue to receive reparations today from the holocaust? What about Japanese Americans who were compensated for their unfair internment during the war?

Sure, any black people still around today who were slaves should definitely be compensated.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2019, 12:10:03 PM »

So you're saying Americans are only racist towards black people without high level qualifications?

Another ignorant statement. I’m saying you’re using tokenism to make a larger statement which in itself is intrinsically false.

The fact that you're willing to discount single parent households and the dependency culture outright is also plain ignorant. I didn't discount policing, I said it's probably responsible for a small percentage.

Saying policing is responsible for a small percentage IS discounting the effects of discriminatory policing...I’ve shown you just how wrong you are, and all you have is ‘dependency culture’?

What is causing so many kids to be in single parent households in the first place? Is it prison? joblessness? A lack of opportunity for the parents and wider community as a whole? Or are black Americans the only ones that ‘depend’ on the government?

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2019, 12:11:24 PM »

Sure, any black people still around today who were slaves should definitely be compensated.

Why does it have to end at slavery?

Surely there are people who lived through Jim Crow who, along with their direct descendants are still alive today.

Why end at Jim Crow? We can still quantitatively and qualitatively see the real time effects of currently ongoing discriminatory practices against black Americans TODAY. Shouldn’t they also be eligible for reparations?

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2019, 12:18:56 PM »
What is causing so many kids to be in single parent households in the first place? Is it prison? joblessness? A lack of opportunity for the parents and wider community as a whole? Or are black Americans the only ones that ‘depend’ on the government?

Well whatever it is, it's someone else's fault, right?

Why does it have to end at slavery?

Indeed, I mentioned the potato famine in another thread. That was the Brits fault too, so any Irish forced to emmigrate to the States should get something for their trouble.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:23:51 PM by eggieguffer »

Online NorthStar

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2019, 12:21:14 PM »

Does it also apply to white Americans who benefited from the New Deal? Or is it mainly a black bashing thing?

You can answer your own deflection questions...go on. 

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2019, 12:28:29 PM »
The Irish ended up getting plenty.

Last time I checked, they weren’t left out of the New Deal...or were they? How are Irish immigrants from the 20th century and their descendants today doing? Weren’t they also one of the most criminal elements in many cities across the US for a long stretch? Did they simply “pull up their bootstraps”? Or did something else happen, ie government intervention that got them better boots, land, houses and guaranteed jobs?

Why do I need to answer my own deflections? Why is it only black Americans that are castigated for ‘dependency’ when virtually all other groups have depended on government handouts in the past and still continue to receive it today?

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2019, 12:28:51 PM »
What the hell are you smoking? Domestication? Taming foxes?

Bringing up eugenics in a white supremacy discussion.

You really wear your racism on your shoulder. Right above your Iron Cross, I bet.
I'm just saying that it's a possibility that needs to be part of the conversation. I have never advocated that whites rule over others. I am open minded enough to accept the truth whatever it may be.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »
The Irish ended up getting plenty.

Last time I checked, they weren’t left out of the New Deal...or were they? How are Irish immigrants from the 20th century and their descendants today doing? Weren’t they also one of the most criminal elements in many cities across the US for a long stretch? Did they simply “pull up their bootstraps”? Or did something else happen, ie government intervention that got them better boots, land, houses and guaranteed jobs?

Why do I need to answer my own deflections? Why is it only black Americans that are castigated for ‘dependency’ when virtually all other groups have depended on government handouts in the past and still continue to receive it today?
So why haven't the last 50+ years of government handouts worked out?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"
-Albert Einstein

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2019, 12:45:03 PM »
It's like being live at CPAC.

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2019, 12:48:48 PM »

So why haven't the last 50+ years of government handouts worked out?

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"
-Albert Einstein

Precisely the question, glad you asked...since you already know and are terrified of the answer.

What handouts are you referring to? Redlining? Exclusion from the New Deal? Exclusion from the GI Program? Discriminatory hiring practices? Discriminatory Policing?

Ahh, let me guess...affirmative action! How affirmative is the action if white women benefit the most from it? And if it can’t get you a job?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2019, 02:22:03 PM »
Dude, I have a serious question- What impulse or motivation inside of yourself that says "I think I should make a topic about why black people commit more crime" on a message board about Korea.

We're not talking a breaking news event or one of the long threads about politics or even something semi-focused like "Guns in America"

Like, one of the last things on my mind right now is "Black crime in America". Crime is down overall. Reforming drug and prison laws should help and we're making progress there. Economy is up and that should help.

Attention people on the right: You know some of the awful stuff on the left like people waving Mexican flags at immigration rallies? Or smearing yourselves with menstrual blood? This isn't quite that, but it's close. It's really bad optics. It's the difference between going after Ilhan Omar over her anti-semtism vs. linking Ilhan Omar to 9/11.

Also, speaking of looks. We should have left the first thread up because at least it was linked to an article in a Korean newspaper. It IS relevant. Now we have two threads and suddenly I feel like I'm on some site inbetween Breitbart and Stormfront.