March 25, 2019, 07:56:47 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: White supremacy, the remix  (Read 556 times)

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
White supremacy, the remix
« on: March 01, 2019, 12:13:04 PM »
"In sheer number, from the genocidal land theft of indigenous populations throughout the Americas and beyond; or the Atlantic Slave Trade, or Jim Crow, or the Holocaust, or the various secret wars of regime change the world over, Anglo-American and European powers have dispensed death and misery on a scale unheard of, Genghis Khan notwithstanding.....

"Trump's election, like that of racist, sexist, homophobic JairBolsonaro, is not as much economic anxiety as it is a cultural reflex to changing times....

"In the United States, poor and working white folks have been voting against their economic interests for ages. The poorest, whitest states have been in Republican hands for decades, and they are still poor.....

"My surprise was that, from the Western news and media consumed by the locals, some Koreans developed a negative view of people of color: that they are uneducated, unwashed, violent and ensconced in criminality; the exact opposite was true for whites....

"Welcome to the 21st century of white supremacy. Honestly, the remix isn't much improvement from the original. Sinisterly, if you listen long enough to it, you may find the tune catchy."
http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2019/03/621_263122.html

So people voting for Trump and people voting Republican and the western media influencing Koreans to be racist is just or nearly as bad as slavery, the Holocaust, and Jim Crow? What has this English teacher been smoking?

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:14:36 PM by CDW »

Online waygo0k

• The Legend
Re: White supremacy, the remix
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 12:31:00 PM »
OP...contextually ignorant as always.

Carry on!

Online Thomas Mc

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »
Complex systems defy simple explanations. However the YouTube video blogger serprentza offers this explanation.

In China, we can generalise Asia, white skin was associated with people in indoor work. E.g. ,tax officials, bankers etc

Darker skin was associated with people who worked outdoors e.g farmers out harvesting crops. E.g. the lower classes.

No doubt girls in China, Vietnam go to extraordinary lengths to keep their skin as white as possible.

However you canít blame absolutely everything on the west. Korea was colonised by the Japanese NOT a European power.

Not saying the guy is wrong. However his explanation is over simplistic.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 01:52:49 PM »
Couldn't find any racism in the States so he had to go to a non White country to experience some. Cheaper than paying Nigerians anyway  :smiley:

Presumably as a US citizen he's quite happy to use English and his nationality to land a uni job but as a black man happy to absolve himself from any responsibilty for his country's foreign policy

Koreans look around the world and see what countries are the ones that everyone wants to live in and what race is mostly responsible for creating everything. It's no real surprise they put white people on a pedestal.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 02:07:42 PM by eggieguffer »

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:10:41 PM »
CDW, there's something I don't get... You frequently make posts suggesting that white supremacy and racism are exaggerated phenomena, yet you obviously frequent the corners of the internet where white supremacy and racism are not only acceptable, but the common rhetorical currency. You've often posted bogus statistics, quotes and links to websites from people who make no secret of their white supremacist ideology. Just a couple of weeks ago you posted a fake statistic about black-on-white rapes that originated from a white separatist with neo-Nazi ties. When confronted about this, you usually duck away, and when people challenge the data, as well as the sources of your arguments, you do the same. I don't think you're going to convince many people that you don't hang out in digital spaces where white supremacist ideology is expressed openly, and the social stigma is proudly shrugged off. And yet, you seem to want to convince others this white supremacy thing is an overblown invention of the left. I can't figure it out. You're like a guy waiting in line to have his palm read by a sham psychic, sending out memes that mock unscrupulous astrologers. 

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 05:31:43 PM »
CDW, there's something I don't get... You frequently make posts suggesting that white supremacy and racism are exaggerated phenomena, yet you obviously frequent the corners of the internet where white supremacy and racism are not only acceptable, but the common rhetorical currency. You've often posted bogus statistics, quotes and links to websites from people who make no secret of their white supremacist ideology. Just a couple of weeks ago you posted a fake statistic about black-on-white rapes that originated from a white separatist with neo-Nazi ties. When confronted about this, you usually duck away, and when people challenge the data, as well as the sources of your arguments, you do the same. I don't think you're going to convince many people that you don't hang out in digital spaces where white supremacist ideology is expressed openly, and the social stigma is proudly shrugged off. And yet, you seem to want to convince others this white supremacy thing is an overblown invention of the left. I can't figure it out. You're like a guy waiting in line to have his palm read by a sham psychic, sending out memes that mock unscrupulous astrologers.

Here's another source that doesn't seem to be white supremacist.

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/perpetrators-sexual-violence

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 06:03:49 PM »
Okay, a valiant attempt at deflection, I guess, but CDW can speak for himself. If he's mature enough to take an interest in the writing of Jared Taylor, he's mature enough to explain how he squares it with the notion that white supremacy isn't a thing.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 12:28:23 AM »
Sadly, I have an impression no amount of empirical evidence will dissuade conservatives or Trump's hardcore base to re-evaluate their views. The GOP simply doesn't appreciate science, data, or facts.

I mean, that's actually true.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2019, 08:52:39 AM »
I don't frequent any websites that advocate whites ruling over other races.

Here's what I actually quoted:

"Black-on-white rape is 115 times more common than the reverse."
https://buchanan.org/blog/pjb-the-color-of-crime-826

Is Patrick J. Buchanan (who was a senior adviser to three US presidents) a white supremacist with neo-Nazi ties? That's news to me.

Additionally, that statistic is not false. It originates from NCVS data.

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2019, 09:16:44 AM »
I don't frequent any websites that advocate whites ruling over other races.

Just white separatism, then?

You know as well as I do that your statistic comes from Jared Taylor. Buchanan doesn't make any secret of that. His methodology, which involves lots of guesswork, extrapolation and flagrant mistakes, has been roundly criticized. I guess you'll think that those critics are putting their biases before the truth (unlike, say, a white separatist whose statistics magically support his ideology). So here's some actual data from the NCVS:

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/rhovo1215.pdf

See if you can find something in there to support Taylor's claim.

Here's some more:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/sexual-assault-victims/

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2019, 09:25:38 AM »
Sadly, I have an impression no amount of empirical evidence will dissuade conservatives or Trump's hardcore base to re-evaluate their views. The GOP simply doesn't appreciate science, data, or facts.

I mean, that's actually true.
I'm not impressed by either party very much.

Trump, however, has differentiated himself with these four messages:

1. Economic Nationalism
2. No foreign wars
3. Reform immigration
4. Stop PC excesses
http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-bannon-channel.html

America really does need a president like Trump. He's willing to address the most urgent and important problems and come up with sensible solutions to them. Hillary failed miserably in that regard.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2019, 09:26:58 AM »
OP...contextually ignorant as always.

Carry on!
What context is that?

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 09:27:57 AM »
https://www.post-gazette.com/life/dennis-roddy/2005/01/23/Jared-Taylor-a-racist-in-the-guise-of-expert/stories/200501230176

"I've never been a member of the Klan. I've never known a person who is a member of the Klan," Taylor told Honsberger.

It's hard to say if Taylor knows any Klansmen, but they certainly know him. When conservative author Dinesh D'Souza attended one of Taylor's American Renaissance conferences, he bumped into David Duke, former Klansman and segregationist, chatting with Taylor. Another Klan stalwart is Don Black, whose neo-Nazi Web site, Stormfront.org, is a clearinghouse for extremist literature. Black gained celebrity in 1981 when he was arrested as he boarded a boat for Dominica where he and nine other mercenaries planned to overthrow that predominantly black island's government and install a white colonial junta. Potok, whose group occasional infiltrates Taylor's gatherings, sent me a photo of Black sitting at Jared Taylor's kitchen table, a beer in hand.

Maybe Taylor doesn't know any Klansmen, but before selling his house he might have to spray for them.

Taylor's strategy when I confronted him was to deny things that are easily proven. He insisted American Renaissance had never published an article in which theocratic writer Rousas J. Rushdoony denounced interracial marriage as Biblically unsound.

I refer Taylor to the July 2001 edition of his own magazine, in which H.A. Scott Trask calls intermarriage "racial suicide" and observes: "The Late Rousas J. Rushdoony points out that Biblical law and example is against all kinds of unequal yoking. 'The burden of the law is thus against inter-religious, interracial, and inter-cultural marriages, in that they normally go against the very community which marriage is designed to establish."

One of the more tendentious exchanges took place when I challenged Taylor to state whether he had published articles in "the quarterly of the British National Party."

"I don't believe the BNP has a quarterly," Taylor replied.

He's right. They have a monthly. It's called "Spearhead," and it carried Taylor's writings in the early 1990s, under his other name, Samuel Taylor. This relationship is no accident. Taylor's conferences have included speeches on white nationalism by none other than Nick Griffin, a Holocaust denier and leader of the BNP. Spearhead's editor, John Tyndall, toured the United States last year. After stops to visit David Duke in New Orleans, where Tyndall noted with disapproval the large number of racial minorities, he moved on to Oakton, Va., where he stayed at Taylor's home.

Before that, Tyndall was treated to lunch by Samuel Francis, one of the board members of Taylor's New Century Foundation.

A decade ago, Francis was fired by The Washington Times for a racist speech he delivered at an American Renaissance Conference. Since then he has busied himself as editor of The Citizens Informer, monthly paper of The Council of Conservative Citizens. The paper features regular accounts of invasions by non-white immigrants, black-on-white crime and the need for racial purity.

Those who would suggest that the Council's connections to Francis and Francis's ties to Taylor are guilt-by-association might want to consider the New Century Foundation's own tax filings for 1999. On line 80 of their IRS Form 990, Taylor's foundation lists the Council of Conservative Citizens as an organization to which it is "related ... through common membership, governing bodies, trustees, officers, etc."

This was the very year that the Council of Conservative Citizens included a link on its Web site to the Free Market Party. The link was quickly cancelled when the Free Market Party's founder and sole member, Richard Baumhammers, left his Mt. Lebanon home with a pistol in hand, killed his Jewish neighbor, set her house afire, then embarked on a two-county rampage that targeted Asians, Indians and blacks. In all, five people died. Baumhammers was concerned, like those who circle Jared Taylor's planet of intellect, about the expansion of non-white races.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2019, 09:41:20 AM »

I'm not impressed by either party very much.

Trump, however, has differentiated himself with these four messages:

1. Economic Nationalism
2. No foreign wars
3. Reform immigration
4. Stop PC excesses
http://infoproc.blogspot.com/2017/08/the-bannon-channel.htm
America really does need a president like Trump. He's willing to address the most urgent and important problems and come up with sensible solutions to them. Hillary failed miserably in that regard.

You've left out.

5. Rampant corruption
6.  Nepotism
7. Obscene obsequiousness to despotic leaders

Please feel free to add to the list if  I've missed anything.

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2019, 02:25:49 PM »
Itís not a terrible article for an opinion piece. But I hardly think itís the western mediaís fault for the racism here. I mean it was called the hermit kingdom for a reason.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2019, 03:49:56 PM »
Iíd be interested to hear from S Koreans or every country in the world how they came to think negatively towards black Americans.
Itís not some subliminal media crap explanation.
They probably just watched BET and actually listened and understoodto rap lyrics.  Or they can understand statistics. Such as 85 percent interracial violence is from black offenders. 

Iíll just be glad when race hustlers take their schtick to other countries and see how ridiculous they sound.
They will find some people to hate America with, but it wonít be for the same reasons.

Does anyone else think that Spike Lee is more racist than David Duke?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 03:55:42 PM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2019, 04:06:28 PM »
Such as 85 percent interracial violence is from black offenders.

Please look at this document and tell me how you came up with that number.

Probably just you.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2019, 05:49:43 PM »
Such as 85 percent interracial violence is from black offenders.

Please look at this document and tell me how you came up with that number.

Probably just you.
"In fact, white violence against blacks is dwarfed by black on white violence. In 2012, blacks committed 560,600 acts of violence against whites (excluding homicide), and whites committed 99,403 acts of violence (excluding homicide) against blacks, according to data from the National Crime Victimization Survey provided to the author. Blacks, in other words, committed 85 percent of the non-homicide interracial crimes of violence between blacks and whites, even though they are less than 13 percent of the population. Both the absolute number of incidents and the rate of black-on-white violence are therefore magnitudes higher than white-on-black violence. There is no white race war going on."
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/07/charleston-shooting-obama-race-crime/

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2019, 06:29:42 PM »

Probably just you

Spike Lee invents a fictitious Klu Klux Klan terrorist plot from the seventies, which most Americans will probably think actually happened, to  push even more race baiting 100 years after the KKK were really relevant. He then mentions slavery again in the acceptance speech. It's embarrassing. It'd be like someone with Irish ancestry bringing up the potato famine every time he had to speak in public. You gotta move on.

No idea who David Duke is

Online Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2019, 06:57:20 PM »
David Duke is a former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, occasional political candidate and general white supremacist blowhard. I guess Spike Lee is more racist than him because Lee made a fictional movie about the KKK.

"In fact, white violence against blacks is dwarfed by black on white violence. In 2012, blacks committed 560,600 acts of violence against whites (excluding homicide), and whites committed 99,403 acts of violence (excluding homicide) against blacks, according to data from the National Crime Victimization Survey provided to the author. Blacks, in other words, committed 85 percent of the non-homicide interracial crimes of violence between blacks and whites, even though they are less than 13 percent of the population. Both the absolute number of incidents and the rate of black-on-white violence are therefore magnitudes higher than white-on-black violence. There is no white race war going on."
https://www.nationalreview.com/2015/07/charleston-shooting-obama-race-crime/

This is not what Chester Jim argued, although in fairness, linguistic precision is not his strong point. He said that blacks were responsible for 85% of interracial violence. I'm not splitting hairs here. I used Table 1 in the BJS report that I linked to do some calculations. I omitted the data from "Two or more races", just because I think that's a blurry category that doesn't change much either way. If you exclude crimes against blacks, and focus only the interracial crimes committed against whites, Hispanics and "Other", then it seems blacks are responsible for 33%. That's quite a lot less than 85%.