March 25, 2019, 08:38:54 PM

Author Topic: 110-240V Beard and Mustache Trimmer?  (Read 327 times)

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
110-240V Beard and Mustache Trimmer?
« on: February 26, 2019, 08:18:08 PM »
Has anybody seen these around?  Just had my 4th one die on me.  I don't think they handle down converters well, and my down converter is an expensive one.  Tired of buying them from Amazon.  Braun sells shavers here, but their Korean site doesn't have beard and mustache trimmers.  Any ideas before I have to buy another one off Amazon?  Thanks in advance!

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
Re: 110-240V Beard and Mustache Trimmer?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 08:49:50 AM »
not massively helpful, but if you're in Seoul couldn't you nip to Yongsan and go to the electronics bit opposite the station.  i'm sure they have them there.

Online Pattinsons

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:18:52 PM »
I bought a norelco oneblade. It trims fine. Need a plug converter, but it's plug can handle the voltage.

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 12:09:48 PM »
not massively helpful, but if you're in Seoul couldn't you nip to Yongsan and go to the electronics bit opposite the station.  i'm sure they have them there.

Nope, 2 1/2 hour drive for me lol.  Might jump in there next time I train it in though.  Just find it hard to believe that manufacturers who have Korean offices don't sell these.  Really trying to get one built for the right voltage.

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 12:12:28 PM »
I bought a norelco oneblade. It trims fine. Need a plug converter, but it's plug can handle the voltage.

Definitely need one more heavy duty than that.   I need one with an actual adjustable trimmer.  That seems more like an edging tool.   Thanks for the feedback though.  I guess I'll keep trying to find one on amazon that handles the right voltage.  Already had two Phillips/Norelco die on me and a Panasonic.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 12:20:47 PM »
Koreans generally don't have beard and moustaches.  That's why you can't find one well.  Amazon is what you had better stick with.  (You have a voltage convertor?  Sometimes it is on the plug already as you know.  Sometimes, it isn't.)

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 12:55:39 PM »
Koreans generally don't have beard and moustaches.  That's why you can't find one well.  Amazon is what you had better stick with.  (You have a voltage convertor?  Sometimes it is on the plug already as you know.  Sometimes, it isn't.)

Yeah, I have a voltage converter.  Like I said, my gut tells me that something you charge often through a voltage down converter causes a shorter lifespan than one that can handle the correct voltage.  I don't have any scientific proof to offer other than four trimmers dying on me from two separate manufacturers and that's using at least two different down converters.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 01:11:24 PM »
There are tons online. Hold on. I'll find some links.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 01:15:17 PM »
Is this like what you're looking for?

Philips Beard Trimmer

Braun Beard Trimmer

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 01:21:49 PM »

Yeah, I have a voltage converter.  Like I said, my gut tells me that something you charge often through a voltage down converter causes a shorter lifespan than one that can handle the correct voltage.  I don't have any scientific proof to offer other than four trimmers dying on me from two separate manufacturers and that's using at least two different down converters.

If you're in Korea, definitely just buy the Korean version of stuff. That way you don't have to worry about voltage conversion, etc. Plus you get A/S so if something does die, you can get it fixed or replaced easily.

And you don't have to wait for things to arrive for a week or two like you would from Amazon.

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 04:26:35 PM »

Philips Beard Trimmer

Braun Beard Trimmer

Thanks, that first one might do the trick.  The second one is just coming from abroad and is going to be an American plug most likely taking as long as an Amazon ordered one would.  The first one looks battery operated which might be a way better choice.

Online leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 04:27:33 PM »

If you're in Korea, definitely just buy the Korean version of stuff. That way you don't have to worry about voltage conversion, etc. Plus you get A/S so if something does die, you can get it fixed or replaced easily.

And you don't have to wait for things to arrive for a week or two like you would from Amazon.

Yup, definitely trying to find a Korean one.

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2019, 07:45:08 AM »

Philips Beard Trimmer

Braun Beard Trimmer

Thanks, that first one might do the trick.  The second one is just coming from abroad and is going to be an American plug most likely taking as long as an Amazon ordered one would.  The first one looks battery operated which might be a way better choice.

Well, either way, there were literally dozens of different ones on Gmarket. I just chose two as an example. Most of them are domestic, too.

Online alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2019, 08:40:53 AM »
The problem I found was that all of the trimmers here have those cheap attachable plastic guards which don't give you much control over your beard length (if you're going for short stubble).

I swear by this one but had to get it abroad.