March 25, 2019, 08:37:42 PM

Author Topic: International clinics/English speaking doctors  (Read 246 times)

Offline APH

• Adventurer
International clinics/English speaking doctors
« on: February 20, 2019, 03:15:09 PM »
I need to see a doctor about getting a prescription for some doxycycline antibiotics and was thinking of going to the international clinic in Yongsan as it says on the website they have English speaking staff. Does anyone know if I need an appointment or can I just go in on Saturday and wait?

Also, any ideas how much it costs for a consultation with a doctor here? Without insurance.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2019, 03:17:11 PM by APH »

Online zola

• The Legend
Re: International clinics/English speaking doctors
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 03:57:34 PM »
You can get doxy from any doctor anywhere. You will pay a premium for an international clinic. If possible just go to a normal hospital. Most doctors speak passable English and all doctors will know doxycycline by name. The hard part is making the appointment with the receptionist. Give your ARC and look up the word for whatever department you need. Without insurance at a normal run of  the mill hospital will be about 30-40,000.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Nokcha

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 06:47:26 PM »
My doctor in Bulkwang-dong speaks English very well. The visit, with insurance, is less than 10,000 won. And, you donít need an appointment. Most of the nurses at the counter donít speak English, type what you need in google translate, and theyíll get it. Pharmacy to fill your percript is just down the street and one guy there speaks English so so. Line 3 to Bulgwang station exit 1 swing a left and the hospital is on your right after the coffee shop. Office is through the door and on the right.

Offline APH

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2019, 07:50:54 AM »
Thanks! I live quite close to Korea University Guro Hospital so I might try there first. Iím mainly just looking for somewhere which allows walk ins instead of booking an appointment in advance. I should be alright if I go on Saturday shouldnít I? Do most doctors do Saturday morning appointments?

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
Yes most places work until at least 12.30 on Saturdays. And almost every clinic/hospital allows walk ups, with the exception being University hospitals. I dont know about that one you named, could be ok to turn up unannounced.
Kpip! - Martin 2018