February 16, 2019, 03:59:20 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Best method for getting a US Criminal record check with Apostille?  (Read 158 times)

Online metzy244

• Veteran
I'm currently in Korea, and my new job requires an apostille Criminal record check.  I'm worried about the government going into shutdown again, so the most efficient way the better. Any personal recommendations for those who got one while in Korea?
(not looking for a political debate, just help to secure my new job)

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
Re: Best method for getting a US Criminal record check with Apostille?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 07:46:13 PM »
a) can't you or your new employer get a copy of your original police check submitted to Korean immigration when you first worked in Korea? Someone else can maybe chime in on this. I don't know your situation though, maybe you just showed up in Korea looking for work.

b) here are FBI background check channelers which make ordering a background check way faster...

https://www.fbi.gov/services/cjis/identity-history-summary-checks/list-of-fbi-approved-channelers-for-departmental-order-submissions

but the problem is the apostille...I know there's something stupid you have to do like request a special seal, and I'm not 100% sure if these channeler services will do it. I know that in 2013 when I first applied to EPIK I couldn't get a channeler to help with the apostille, but a few years later they changed the rules and I think they can now.

I've used Accurate Biometrics several times in the past and they always sent me my background checks really fast, but I had to get them sent to my mom in the US and then she would forward them to me. I seem to remember that they include a piece of paper in their envelope asking if you need an apostille...I would email them (or whatever channeler you choose) and ask them what you need to do to get an apostille.

I think the only way to get an apostilled FBI background check is to have it stamped by the US Department of State in DC. Maybe a channeler can do it, or you can send it to an apostille service which is basically a courier service that takes your document in for stamping.

And if there is a shutdown there's nothing you can do but thank Trump voters for messing everything up.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2019, 07:49:19 PM by MayorHaggar »
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 10:46:43 AM »
I've used Accurate Biometrics and can vouch for their excellent service.  There is no need to ask for the seal for an apostille as the checks have come automatically with the seal for a while now.  If you have the physical document mailed, it can only be mailed to someone in the US and can't be sent to Korea.  There is an option from Accurate Biometrics to get your check as a secure PDF.  As for the apostille, the last time I had it done the standard way it took a month.  I found an apostille service that I just might use the next time I need a check.  The company is called Monument Visa and you can send them the secure PDF to be apostilled.  Monument can ship the apostilled check to Korea.  These services will cost a bit, but they're more than worth the money given the time saved.  Here are the links:

https://accuratebiometrics.com/nationwide/services/by-mail
https://www.monumentvisa.com/fbi-apostille.html

Online metzy244

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 01:49:29 PM »
They require a new background check, so I have to get it asap.  I will def try the monument visa route.