March 19, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Author Topic: I want to ship my stuff to Korea as cheaply/slowly as possible (from USA)  (Read 320 times)

Online Tyedude

• Veteran
I have lived in Korea for many years now.  My parents are getting up in age and i still have quite a few personal belongings that, if I don't ship to Korea soon, will be thrown out when they downsize their living space.  I want to ship to Korea but can't find any info that is not express air shipping.  I don't care if these things take months to arrive I just want them out of my parents house.  I am visiting them in February to help them prepare their things to move and would like to ship my things at that time as well.  Anyone have any ideas?

Online SeoulAlone

• Veteran
Try Parcel Monkey, NEX shipping, DHL, FedEX, UPS, OhMyZip, Box Oregon etc.  You can negotiate the price.  They'll send it freight if you ask them to.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Try the post office. You'll want to send it by ship. It will take a while but that's definitely the cheapest method.

Online Andyman

• Super Waygook
I don't think the post office does sea shipping any more. They don't to Europe, anyway. I also recommend Parcel Monkey. I got something sent to Korea from the UK for about 1/3 the price of the default shipping option.

Also, there are companies that specialize in sending stuff on cargo ships, but you'll pay quite a high minimum fee, as they basically rent you a container cube in just a few standard sizes. It can work out economically if you have a lot of stuff and can cleverly fit it into the cube, but it's not a good option if you're leaving the cube half empty.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 07:26:27 AM by Andyman »

Offline ECG

• Newgookin
is there a thread about this but sending stuff by freight from Korea to USA?

Offline b of nc

• Veteran
is there a thread about this but sending stuff by freight from Korea to USA?

You should be able to just go to a post office and ask about "surface shipping"
-Tea Master-in-chief

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
Usps got rid of surface transport for packages a few years ago. Now only priority mail.