January 22, 2019, 02:01:14 AM

Author Topic: HELP ME lol Remittance banking stuff  (Read 207 times)

Offline sgillespie86

• Newgookin
HELP ME lol Remittance banking stuff
« on: January 09, 2019, 05:57:45 PM »
Listen I'm not sure where this goes but I really and I emphasize Really as in matter of life and death need to send money home to the USA for my bills. Problem is I haven't been able to set up remittance or anything because my school keeps scheduling me for classes on a friday afternoon which is like the only time we have to go to the bank.

I have Daegu Bank...is there any branch open on the weekends or is this not something in Korea? Help please!

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: HELP ME lol Remittance banking stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 09:17:16 AM »
Do you have a check card with a visa or mastercard logo? If so you can set-up two paypal accounts, one in Korea and one in US. Log-in to your Korean account and add your card number in the credit card field. Then using your US paypal request funds from the Korean one. It is more expensive but super fast.

http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=2322.0

Also KEB has a few branches open on the weekends in Seoul.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: HELP ME lol Remittance banking stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 09:40:51 AM »
There used to be a Daegu branch open in Sangin Dong. I will contact my buddy and see if that is still the case and then post it here. When you get a chance, it may be best to make your way to the KEB branch downtown, open a new account, and set up remittance and online banking. Be sure to contact them ahead of time via the KEB foreigner service line on the phone. The girl that usually answers is really helpful and nice. Ask her which documents you need for each thing, ask her if you can set up a credit card, and for the documents that you'll need. Get everything you want or may want to do in the future, and get it all done at once. You can also ask her to contact the branch and to ask which teller you should request to receive service in English.

KEB English Line:  1599-6111 Press 1 for English, Press 0 to speak with a customer representative
KEB Hana Card English Line: 1544-3500 Press 9 to Speak with a representative, then press 0# to speak with a person

KEB Daegu's Sunday Branch (just called for you)

Address: 대구 광역시 달서구 성서로 399 or 399 Seongseo-ro, Dalseo, Daegu
              Tel: 053-580-9000
              Hours: 10am-4pm every Sunday

Daegu Bank English Line:   53-742-5050, Press 7 for Other Languages, Press 1 for English

Daegu Bank Saturday Service:
                       1. Inside of 성서 Homeplus building
                            Hours:1pm-4pm
                       2. Inside Dong-Daegu Shinsagae Building (near
                           Dong-Daegu Station
                           Hours: Pending on this phone call
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 11:19:18 AM by lifeisgood6447 »