January 21, 2019, 09:20:30 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Housewarming Gift (for a small, late party)  (Read 297 times)

Offline shostager

• Veteran
Housewarming Gift (for a small, late party)
« on: January 02, 2019, 01:20:43 PM »
So my fiance's brother is having a housewarming party this weekend, and as far as I can tell, it's just going to be his parents, his wife, and us (my fiance and me). He and his new wife have already been living in this apartment for ~3 months, so I don't think the traditional gifts of TP/soap/etc. will be as appreciated.

What is a good gift to get for a housewarming party a couple months after they've moved in?

Note: I have no idea if they like alcohol, although he met his wife at church, so that might be out. His parents dislike chocolate and sweet things like that, mostly. Also, everyone is Korean except me (in case that influences anything).

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
Re: Housewarming Gift (for a small, late party)
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2019, 01:40:18 PM »
So my fiance's brother is having a housewarming party this weekend, and as far as I can tell, it's just going to be his parents, his wife, and us (my fiance and me). He and his new wife have already been living in this apartment for ~3 months, so I don't think the traditional gifts of TP/soap/etc. will be as appreciated.

What is a good gift to get for a housewarming party a couple months after they've moved in?

Note: I have no idea if they like alcohol, although he met his wife at church, so that might be out. His parents dislike chocolate and sweet things like that, mostly. Also, everyone is Korean except me (in case that influences anything).

Just saying but i had a housewarming 8 mnths after moving in and got all the traditional stuff. Very handy it was too.

Offline Datasapien

• Super Waygook
  • The sun smells too loud.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2019, 02:00:03 PM »
My go-to housewarming gift is a houseplant / pot plant, usually goes down pretty well!
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man.

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 08:27:16 AM »
Maybe an humidifier/aroma diffuser. They have/had (last week) one at Elecromart for 35,000won. It is pretty nice, and usually goes for about 69,000, but it was, and may still be, on sale. If you have time for shipping, oil can be bought on Gmarket for around 5,000 per 10ml bottle.

Offline shostager

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 11:10:37 AM »
Thank you for the ideas! I think I'll go with a little potted plant from Homeplus in addition to a neat little dishtowel and some dish soap.

I like the idea of the humidifier/aroma diffuser too, but we got them a de-humidifier for their wedding (their area is quite humid), so that would either counteract the effect, or make them unable to use it at times (you're not supposed to use the air-cleaning setting with strong smells, like cooking etc, in the air).