March 23, 2019, 12:04:33 AM

Author Topic: Income tax for Part Time Employees  (Read 149 times)

Offline minako

  • Newgookin
  • Posts: 4
  • Gender: Female
Income tax for Part Time Employees
« on: January 02, 2019, 11:49:36 AM »
Hi. I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I searched the page and couldn't find it.

I just started a new hagwon teaching job. I will be working as a PART-TIME EMPLOYEE and I have a question about my monthly income tax.
According to this website:
I don't need to enroll in National Pension, Health Insurance or Employment Insurance, because I'll be working less than 15 hours a week (less than 60 hours a month). It says I need worker's compensation tho - what and how much is that again?  :huh:
But what about the income tax and residents tax? A lot of websites mention 3.3% but that is for IC, I believe. And even though I am legally allowed to, I refuse to work as a contractor. So does anyone have any idea how much my income taxes should be? I'm on F6 visa btw.
Thanks in advance!