January 22, 2019, 08:37:23 PM

Author Topic: Medical Exam Help please!  (Read 243 times)

Offline CypherSoul

• Adventurer
Medical Exam Help please!
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
Guys I have a problem. I renewed my contract for the 2nd year with my school and obviously they want a medical test done (I did one earlier this year at my orientation which was in Seoul).

Anyway here is a list of hospital that the DMOE sent us. Now unfortunately my Korean is not that good and I was wondering what was the cheapest option and which hospitals spoke English?

Does anyone have any experience in Daegu with this? Thanks for your help in advance! 
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Online theman3285

• Super Waygook
Re: Medical Exam Help please!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
obviously they want a medical test done (I did one earlier this year at my orientation which was in Seoul).
Why's this obvious? I'm finishing my 3rd year here (three different schools) and haven't had a single test apart from the one at orientation. 

Offline nvflawless

• Waygookin
Re: Medical Exam Help please!
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
I've had to get my medical check done each time I've renewed.

OP, just pick the hospital closest to you. Tell them you need a medical check (건강검진) and they'll give you the papers you need. My Korean sucks and yet I've never had a problem - they'll probably ask if you speak Korean, you'll tell them no, and then they'll use a combo of basic Korean, English, and charades to walk you through the process. Every time I've gone, the only person I encounter who speaks English (like, fluently-ish) is the actual doctor who reviews my charts at the end.

If you're really concerned about an English-speaking staff, a quick google search gave me this site which has a couple of hospitals from your list on it: https://grrrltraveler.com/english-doctors-daegu/