March 27, 2019, 06:29:54 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Medical Exam Help please!  (Read 600 times)

Offline CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
Medical Exam Help please!
« on: December 31, 2018, 11:27:35 AM »
Guys I have a problem. I renewed my contract for the 2nd year with my school and obviously they want a medical test done (I did one earlier this year at my orientation which was in Seoul).

Anyway here is a list of hospital that the DMOE sent us. Now unfortunately my Korean is not that good and I was wondering what was the cheapest option and which hospitals spoke English?

Does anyone have any experience in Daegu with this? Thanks for your help in advance! 
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Offline theman3285

• Super Waygook
Re: Medical Exam Help please!
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2018, 12:08:03 PM »
obviously they want a medical test done (I did one earlier this year at my orientation which was in Seoul).
Why's this obvious? I'm finishing my 3rd year here (three different schools) and haven't had a single test apart from the one at orientation. 

Offline nvflawless

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2018, 12:46:20 PM »
I've had to get my medical check done each time I've renewed.

OP, just pick the hospital closest to you. Tell them you need a medical check (건강검진) and they'll give you the papers you need. My Korean sucks and yet I've never had a problem - they'll probably ask if you speak Korean, you'll tell them no, and then they'll use a combo of basic Korean, English, and charades to walk you through the process. Every time I've gone, the only person I encounter who speaks English (like, fluently-ish) is the actual doctor who reviews my charts at the end.

If you're really concerned about an English-speaking staff, a quick google search gave me this site which has a couple of hospitals from your list on it: https://grrrltraveler.com/english-doctors-daegu/

Offline fishead

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2019, 08:16:20 AM »
 It should be over in less than an hour. As long as you don't have any illegal drugs in you then you shouldn't have a problem. The results will be ready in a week. Sometimes they may suggest you come in for follow up exams if your blood pressure is hight or you have elevated enzymes in your liver. You need not tell anyone at your school about that.

Offline plan b

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
obviously they want a medical test done (I did one earlier this year at my orientation which was in Seoul).
Why's this obvious? I'm finishing my 3rd year here (three different schools) and haven't had a single test apart from the one at orientation.

Getting a medical test is totally dependent on your employer (school). Some could not possibly care less, but most want one done on a yearly basis (like mine). Immigration doesn't care, only your school may or may not care. You've been lucky.

Offline fishead

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 03:14:11 PM »
 Outside of illegal drug use I've never heard of anyone being fired or kicked out of Korea due to poor health. I had one scare when a POE supervisor saw my blood pressure score and showed some concern luckily I was with a school representative who liked me who said he would make sure I lost weight. I even know of one situation in which a NET who was a bit on the chubby side died of a heart attack shortly after " Passing" his medical exam.

If anyone knows of a situation in which someone was sent home fired or had there visa denied due to poor health I would like to know. After twenty years it would be a first time. I've seen some pretty chubby dudes who can really hold their booze and go to barbeques three on more times a week and never eat vegetables.