March 25, 2019, 01:00:15 AM

Author Topic: Verify Age on Youtube???  (Read 680 times)

Offline APH

• Adventurer
Verify Age on Youtube???
« on: December 25, 2018, 12:51:43 PM »
Is it just me or is it impossible to verify your age on youtube over here? I keep getting this pop up asking me to verify I'm over 19, so I put in my date of birth and phone number and it just tells me my 'input is incorrect'???

I'm a huge MMA and boxing fan so a large majority of the stuff I watch on youtube is related to combat sports and since moving to Korea I haven't been able to watch half of it. This even includes clips from podcasts, highlights, interviews, reactions etc. so it's super annoying.

I know internet censorship is a big thing over here but there must be a way for foreigners to verify their age?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Verify Age on Youtube???
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 01:24:28 PM »
Use a free VPN.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 01:49:40 PM »

Offline orange6ur1

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 02:50:22 PM »
i know exactly what you're talking about. Alas my purpose was to watch trashy reality tv reviews but that is completely besides the point. Hm..ok so tbh i kind if forgot how i finally got mine to accept my # bc Like you, i had trouble doing that as well.

I would say to make sure you are using the internet at your place and not at school.
I think i might have used a different browser too (google chrome). And of course make sure you are inputting the data format in correctly.

Anyway one day it magically worked so there is a way!

Online cheolsu

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2018, 04:54:21 PM »
The name you enter needs to match the name the phone is registered under. Assuming your phone is in your name, you need to make sure that you're entering it the way its written on your ARC. For example, John Smith would became SMITH JOHN. I write my name in all capitals. If this still doesn't work, try eliminating spaces or different combinations of your name, including capitals, your middle name and the order.

As is often the case, the database that YouTube is checking against could have your name recorded improperly for whatever reason. These are updated from time to time, so it could work three to six months from now. That's an absolute pain in the ass, I realize. Sorry.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2018, 05:30:49 PM »
The name you enter needs to match the name the phone is registered under. Assuming your phone is in your name, you need to make sure that you're entering it the way its written on your ARC. For example, John Smith would became SMITH JOHN. I write my name in all capitals. If this still doesn't work, try eliminating spaces or different combinations of your name, including capitals, your middle name and the order.

As is often the case, the database that YouTube is checking against could have your name recorded improperly for whatever reason. These are updated from time to time, so it could work three to six months from now. That's an absolute pain in the ass, I realize. Sorry.

The name ordering on your ARC doesn’t always work. You need to use your name exactly as it is on your cellphone contract (sometimes different from your ARC)...you should have some texts or letters from your cell service provider with your name on it...that’ll be the one on Google’s database.

Offline bdannie65

• Explorer
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2018, 06:49:32 PM »
Doesn't work for me either.  I even called to get my exact name on my contract and put everything in. Nothing works, so I just use a VPN.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2018, 07:35:33 PM »
TOP 5 MOST DANGEROUS THINGS IN SOUTH KOREA

#1: Youtube videos
#2: fans
#3: smoking in movies
#4: shallow bodies of water (you could drown!)
#5: the fourth floor

Fortunately Koreans know to avoid these things, so they have more time to dedicate to harmless pasttimes like binge drinking and unsafe driving.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2018, 07:48:45 PM »

Fortunately Koreans know to avoid these things, so they have more time to dedicate to harmless pasttimes like binge drinking and unsafe driving.
sharing a bottle of water - don't touch your lips on it! but sharing a soup with 5 other people is fine

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2018, 10:30:55 PM »

sharing a bottle of water - don't touch your lips on it! but sharing a soup with 5 other people is fine

That drinking from a water bottle without touching it with your lips is one of the most awkward things I've seen.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2018, 07:53:10 AM »
If this still doesn't work, try eliminating spaces or different combinations of your name, including capitals, your middle name and the order.

#korealife
The joys of fauxtherhood

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2018, 08:27:35 AM »

The name ordering on your ARC doesn’t always work. You need to use your name exactly as it is on your cellphone contract (sometimes different from your ARC)...you should have some texts or letters from your cell service provider with your name on it...that’ll be the one on Google’s database.

That's the key. I finally got it done because I realized they had misspelled my middle name on my phone contract when I got a new phone in June. It didn't click with me until I looked at my phone account via a link in my one of those messages you get with your online bill.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 08:30:07 AM by zola »
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline sbk

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2018, 09:14:53 AM »
So does this work from your cell phone? That's the way i usually watch YouTube. People here were talking about google chrome and i assume that means watching from a computer? I have never been able to get through the age verification either.

Offline teacher1988

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2018, 10:30:26 AM »
just add nsfw in front of youtube in your URL and you can bypass logging in altogether.

eg. www.youtube.com/who-cares-what-this-stuff-is/ -> www.nsfwyoutube.com/who-cares-what-this-stuff-is/