March 25, 2019, 03:21:48 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Tsushima Island information  (Read 304 times)

Online Nokcha

• Super Waygook
Tsushima Island information
« on: December 24, 2018, 07:46:24 AM »
My friend and I will be doing a 1 night 2 day trip to Tsushima in January. We'll take the train to Busan the day before and stay in a hotel, and then take the first ferry in the morning to the island.

Our plan is to go in at one port (Hitakatsu), check out the local area and spend the night there. And then, in the morning, catch an early bus to the next port (Izuhara), check out that area and then take the latest ferry back to Busan.

Any suggestions about what to see or eat that was especially great for you?

Also, I need some information about phones. I imagine wifi isNOT widely available. Anyone have ideas about what would be the cheapest way to still use our phones and have internet access. I am not a techy....

Arrigato in advance!

:)

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
Re: Tsushima Island information
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 09:28:54 AM »
The pirates whom King Sejong's father demanded his son attack as a first act as new king were based there. Check out the historical sites.

Online lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2018, 09:37:50 AM »
From what I saw when I went there, there isn't too much to see. Nature and maybe a couple of historical sites. There are a lot of hills and nature, so I heard many Koreans like to go there to cycle and to camp. It will be too cold for camping though. Just when you go, don't expect hustle and bustle. Do expect high priced but great sushi rolls at the grocery stores, and calmness. Also expect that there aren't many buses. I also heard that the buses stop at like 9pm or something. I took a taxi when I was there, but it took a while to catch one, and it was very pricey. Overall, I enjoyed it. We camped out and grilled, swam in the ocean at a quiet little inlet, shopped at a local grocery store, and relaxed at a little onsen. That was in the summer though. Please post about your experiences here when done, as I am curious as to what you found on the other side of the island.

Online Nokcha

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:20:31 PM »
Thanks for the info!

I'll post, if I remember.....People have been so helpful here when I've needed information, I'd like to return the favor!