January 21, 2019, 09:57:09 PM

Author Topic: Looking for any tips to help find housing in Anyang  (Read 939 times)

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
Re: Looking for any tips to help find housing in Anyang
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2018, 08:09:22 AM »
Lazio: I drive past that construction at least once a week. I also own a property not far from there so I keep an eye on what's going on around there. You probably have no idea about many of the things that will go down.

Hahah, Oh, I didn't realise, egg on my face.  You really are in the know then. 

Residential development and infrastructure development go hand in hand.  Of course, some places will be re-developed over time here with some of the poor standards that were used in the past. But, it is palin as day, especially to those of use who do more than drive by once a week for over 14 years that recently things have been put in high gear.  Now, for some reason you state Hillstate (the one place you knew about) is related to the GTX-C but everything else isn't.  That would clearly seem to make no sense.  The government just decided that things as they were justified the sky high costs of these new trains?  They didn't expect increased ridership from new commuters being attracted to the new transportation infrastructure?  You're just not grounded in reality pal.  What about the corner development taking place up by Myeonghak? Or the clear space just up the road?  Obviously the GTX-C, which has been planned for over a decade, attracted speculators and developers.  It's how it works.  If you're talking about Raemian House in Gunpo, it's possible that a GTX would've been  a factor in the decision to greenlight it.  It could've been a factor among many others, one certainly being that housing stock in Sanbon was getting on the older side. I don't really see what Raemian House has to do with all the other construction.  I guess it distracts from the fact you're just flailing about in your argument.  It certainly isn't upsetting owners in there who should expect to see property values increase as a few blocks away a fast link into Gangnam goes in. 

Anyways, you seem to be getting upset about the fact you don't really know the area like you thought you did, and are being challenged on it. Since this seems to be important to you,  in the spirit of the holiday season I am willing to go against fundamental principles of reason, logic and infrastructure development/urban planning and say"Jeez, Lazio, you seem to really know your stuff!  Heeey, you don't drive a car around sometimes and own property near here, do you?" 

It's always clear when someone is no longer able to continue the argument on merit alone, when they bring up points that they feel will confer some sort of authority on their comments. i.e., "I own property in the area, and I drive by about once a week"  So?  I know lots of Koreans that own property in the area, including Raemian House.  I had my Christmas Eve celebration there.  So what?  It's up there with people whp try to invoke their Korean partner into an argument, thinking (wrongly) it invokes a special status and they know something we don't.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 09:03:01 AM by OnNut81 »

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2018, 11:08:58 AM »
"to those of use who do more than drive by once a week for over 14 years that recently things have been put in high gear."

Tell me please what more you do? You work in a school nearby? Or live across the street? Or I didn't realize that your are a real estate developer?

Now, for some reason you state Hillstate (the one place you knew about) is related to the GTX-C but everything else isn't.

I don't know why you keep coming back to this assumption.

Anyways, you seem to be getting upset about the fact you don't really know the area like you thought you did, and are being challenged on it.

And there it is again. Glad that you know the area better. You see some construction and you seem to know that it started in a hurry just a year ago.

It's always clear when someone is no longer able to continue the argument on merit alone, when they bring up points that they feel will confer some sort of authority on their comments. i.e., "I own property in the area, and I drive by about once a week"  So?  I know lots of Koreans that own property in the area, including Raemian House.  I had my Christmas Eve celebration there.  So what?  It's up there with people whp try to invoke their Korean partner into an argument, thinking (wrongly) it invokes a special status and they know something we don't.

What the hell are you talking about? You assumed that I didn't know about a project and I replied, that I in fact see it with my own eyes all the time and knew about it before it even started. What's the argument to continue here? You want to tell me what I knew and what I didn't know?

You seem to have no argument beside you believing in something but failed to support it with any proof. You couldn't defute my statement that no large scale constructions have started so far, that are directly linked to the future gtx line. I gave you facts about the Urvine projects that it started back in 2006 but you just ignore it.
Here is another link for you: https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/%EC%88%98%EB%8F%84%EA%B6%8C_%EA%B4%91%EC%97%AD%EA%B8%89%ED%96%89%EC%B2%A0%EB%8F%84

The first idea of the gtx surfaced in the end of 2007. Which one do you think was earlier? 2006 or 2007. The two things can't be related but only you don't see that. You do realize that even years after that, the whole gtx idea was up in the air but nothing confirmed. It could have been cancelled or delayed for a number of reasons such as a new government, sluggish economy, environmental concerns or technical challanges that surface at a later stage of planning.

The Myeonghak project is small scale. Can be somewhat related to gtx but that property is sitting right next to the station so can be attractive to developers with or without the gtx.

I guess you haven't heard about the Sanbon 1-dong redevelopment plans that are in the very early stages. Again, the gtx plays a part in this but that neighborhood has been a slum for ages and is ready for rebuilding anyways. And it is far from actually starting. Note that Geumjeong stn. already has 2 subway lines so that is plenty enough to keep the area well connected and ideal for residential development.
You might have heard about the Hogye Doosan We've project. Guess what? That started in 2006.
How about the 덕현지구주택재개발? That is across from Anyang Prison end extends untill the soon to be finished Pyeongchon The Sharp Ipark? Not to mention the redevelopments plans in Uiwang Ojeon and Gocheon-dong.

Let me know when they wipe out most of that poorly developed industrial area that is bordered on the North by Raemian Megatria, on the West by the number 1 subway line, on the east by the number 1 national road and extends South to almost Dangjeong station. When they make a "new city" there, I'll say that the gtx had a large scale effect. It might happen over time but that could be 10 or 15 years and there are no signs of it yet. It would be too early anyways because it is still 6-7 years untill the gtx opens.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2018, 11:37:47 AM »
You're just rambling on about residential projects, now?  Why?  Do you have a point?

Lazio: I'm curious about those huge developments you mentioned. Which ones are those? Megatria went up recently but that had nothing to do with the GTX. It had been planned for 10+ years. Other than that there is the new Hillstate going up right next to Geumjeong. That is indeed directly related to the planned GTX but I wouldn't call it a huge scale development. Don't know about any other projects let alone ''huge'' ones. Especially in Anyang.

That's you, buddy.  Your words.  You didn't know about a huge project going up about 1.2kms from Geumjeong station.  Then I mentioned it and you responded with a url that you clearly just googled as if that made it somehow authentic you were already in the know.  Then to really enforce your suddenly pre-existing knowledge of the project, you drive by it.  All the proof I needed!

Keep things succinct.  More random information doesn't zero in on hypothesis about why there's been an uptick in development around there.  Bringing up a whole lot of pending and future developments doesn't do anything to support whatever convoluted point you're trying to make. 

The long planned GTX-C has had an impact on developments in the area.  It would be the hope when announcing it that developers would get on board so that projected numbers of commuters would be met.  They didn't announce it because they felt that people in the area at the time needed another option.  It was announced based on projections. 

Go ahead and name all the developments you want.  It won't change my mind about what expertise you bring to the discussion.  I don't know what agenda you have here, but it's getting tough to read these lenghty posts that when tiresomely read through offer no new points or contributions.  "Just look at how many projects I can name, I'm clearly in the know." 

Again, much of the developments (building projects and GTX-C are all long in the planning) are being done to coincide with the other.  Please stop googling and naming projects as you somehow think that doing that refutes my point.  It absolutely has nothing to do with it. 

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2018, 12:51:07 PM »
so there has been huge development going on from Geumjeong in the Anyang area up to and including the Anyang station area.

This sounded like you mean the area between Geumjeong stn. and Anyang stn. Hence my focus was on that erea if you read my earlier post.

You didn't know about a huge project going up about 1.2kms from Geumjeong station.  Then I mentioned it and you responded with a url that you clearly just googled as if that made it somehow authentic you were already in the know

There you go again. You want to believe that you know what I know. I already wrote that these projects take 10 years at least to finish. You didn't seem to be aware of this. So yes, I googled it (or more like navered it) to see when exactly it started. Sorry that I don't know the exact dates off the top of my head. I provided the link so that you can see how long something like this takes because you seem to have no idea. Even after that, you still don't believe it. I supported my argument with actual facts and in the meantime, you got nothing. The fact remains that you can't tell me any large scale projects.

Didn't need to google the other projects because I've been aware of all these, unlike you. Hence, I invested in that area. But go ahead and tell yourself that I didn't know about a project that happens in front of my eyes.

but it's getting tough to read these lenghty posts that when tiresomely read through offer no new points or contributions

Not like you contributed anything useful or solid. I have yet too see you name a project. You only focus on your idea that I never heard about the Urvine untill you mentioned it. Even if I didn't know about it, it doesn't support your argument at all. Just go ahead and think that you know it all.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
Lazio: I have yet too see you name a project. You only focus on your idea that I never heard about the Urvine untill you mentioned it.

Surely, even you can see the contradiction here.  You bring up that I've never named a project, and in the next breath name specifically the project, by your own admission, I mentioned. 

What does a project taking years to develop (an obvious fact, rather than the revelatory inside scoop you seem to think it is) and said project not being influenced in some way by the GTX-C (also, years and years in the discussion and planning?)
You've gone off the reservation with your tangent about naming projects.  You've lost the plot here. 

Why do you care so much that I don't think your're in the loop as much as you're pretending?  I certainly don't care about what you know about other developments.  I'm trying to stay focused on the influence a high speed rail project has on an urban area.  I'm at a loss that you seem to be making the argument it's affect is minimal. 

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2018, 01:20:41 PM »
I meant: name a project that has been going on already and is triggered by the gtx. The Urvine is not one of those since it started before any gtx plans were born. I provided proof but you still don't get it.

I'm at a loss that you seem to be making the argument it's affect is minimal

As of yet, it is minimal. You are welcome to prove it otherwise but so far you couldn't.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 01:25:22 PM by Lazio »

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2018, 02:17:16 PM »
Ah, again, what you meant was something else entirely? Got it.   You have a very reactive style of argument. 
The GTX idea was born in the 2000s. The Urvine project pre-dates that? 

So, your contention is that the Anyang/Geumjeong area is bucking the accepted norm, both in country and around the world that adding infrastructure doesn't have a hard and direct impact on housing development?  Sound thinking.

I will not agree with you and I highly doubt anyone else is reading this.  You can list off all the projects you want.  It lends no credence whatsoever to your contention.  In fact, that one where you started going off into Gunpo and Raemian really lost me.  Don't know what the hell that had to do with anything, but you likely don't either.

Anyways, you now know the names of many housing projects in the area.  That's really all I can get out of it.  Clearly, the Anyang and Geumjeong area has been on course to change since the GTX idea was floated back in the aughts.  It's a fact.  It's helped fuel speculation and development as expected.  Not one person would've ever considered proposing and following through on it if these developments weren't expected to go hand in hand.  You, of course, think it's different.   To have to prove that they are realted would be to upend accepted basic urban planning tenets.  But, you can name a bunch of apartment developments. 

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2018, 05:36:21 PM »
Ah, again, what you meant was something else entirely?

After I explained it several times why that one doesn't count, I didn't think I specifically need to exclude it again.

The GTX idea was born in the 2000s. The Urvine project pre-dates that?

Okay, now it's clear that you didn't read my earlier posts. Otherwise why would you keep coming back over and over with the same thing that I already explained and supported with facts. The gtx-like train system idea first came up in 2007. It was just a vague plan back then, with no firm details. Anyang city designated that area for redevelopment in 2006. So it was clearly earlier. I think you don't understand this whole redevelopment process. There is no speculation or whatever. The city designates a certain plot for redevelopment. At this stage, developers and construction firms have nothing to do with it. They will be brought in at a later time. Once an area is a designated 재개발 site, in roughly 10 to 15 years, there will be new apartments there. There is no "if". It will happen. It takes that much time mainly because of dealing with hundreds or thousands of residents who live there. So when that whole thing started by the city in 2006, it was a sure thing that it would go down and after all the necessary steps, it would be a new residential neighborhood in 15 years or so. It might take a bit longer or can be faster if they push it at the city hall.
So the point is: There would be new apartments going up there now whether the gtx plans actually materialized or not.

In fact, that one where you started going off into Gunpo and Raemian really lost me. 

Since you consider other projects that date back 12 years to be linked with gtx, I was curious if you think that a project that started even earlier was also because of the new train plans. It was also an example to show you that redevelopments happen all the time. And not necessarily because of changes in the infrastructure.

I never said the new train line wouldn't bring construction to the immediate area but very little has started so far. Of course you see a building going up here and there but that just happens everywhere. Seeing how things are built to last 30 or 35 years here, over the course of 10 years a lot of old buildings will be replaced by new ones.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2018, 10:37:20 PM by Lazio »