February 17, 2019, 02:19:22 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Cereal with less than 5 grams of sugar  (Read 1064 times)

Offline Pizza

• Veteran
  • www.myenglisheets.ccom
Cereal with less than 5 grams of sugar
« on: December 05, 2018, 08:23:02 AM »
It's pretty clear now that processed sugar is terrible for us. So I'm always baffled that there is only 1 cereal brand in my local Lotte Mart with 5 grams of sugar or less (Kellog's 현미). I live in a pretty small town so I don't have much access to stores that sell a lot of foreign brands.

What are my options? Any Korean websites that sell low-sugar cereals that aren't super crazy expensive? Not looking for oatmeal, just cold cereal we can eat with milk.

Download more speaking worksheets for free at: www.myenglisheets.com

Instagram & Twitter: @myenglisheets

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Cereal with less than 5 grams of sugar
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2018, 09:13:06 AM »
It's pretty clear now that processed sugar is terrible for us. So I'm always baffled that there is only 1 cereal brand in my local Lotte Mart with 5 grams of sugar or less (Kellog's 현미). I live in a pretty small town so I don't have much access to stores that sell a lot of foreign brands.

What are my options? Any Korean websites that sell low-sugar cereals that aren't super crazy expensive? Not looking for oatmeal, just cold cereal we can eat with milk.

Quacker Oats, 1.4g sugar per 100g serving, just buy it off Coupang or Gmarket (Coupang is usually cheaper). 
In Korea, you seriously gotta step your online game up, shops, particularly in the rural areas, put up ridiculous markups.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »
Korean cereal is caked in sugar. Even special K seems way sweeter than in the uk

Just give me some rice krispies or Shreddies (anyone know where I can buy them online?)

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2018, 09:38:15 AM »
Korean cereal is caked in sugar. Even special K seems way sweeter than in the uk

Just give me some rice krispies or Shreddies (anyone know where I can buy them online?)

Emart at one time was carrying a cheap brand (forgot the name) of imported cereal. They had whole grain flakes with virtually 0 added sugar (and they tasted like it, which is why I add banana or other fruit), and rice puffs (same sweetness as crispies without the crackle). Maybe try to swing through again and check. They were on sale at the time ( a few months ago) for like 1,990won per box. I am not sure if they still carry them, or of the price.

Online Mister Tim

• Hero of Waygookistan

Offline thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan

Offline Pizza

• Veteran
  • www.myenglisheets.ccom
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 09:44:54 AM »
I'm just looking for some basic wheaties! Nowhere to be found....everything is sweet!
Download more speaking worksheets for free at: www.myenglisheets.com

Instagram & Twitter: @myenglisheets

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 11:07:08 AM »

I order Weetabix from iHerb.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 11:18:44 AM »
Quacker Oats

Great. Now I'm in a fowl mood beakause you beat me to the pun.  >:(

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2018, 12:05:40 PM »
OP might go for some Wil Wheaties

Me? I prefer some Frosted Frakes

Offline Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2018, 12:08:13 PM »

Offline PatrickBateman

• Adventurer
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2018, 12:47:30 PM »
Iherb has some good oatmeal.  Throw a banana or some blueberries.  A heaping spoon of peanut butter.  Great way to start the day kiddo.

Offline MaximusPrime

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2018, 02:13:58 PM »
OP might go for some Wil Wheaties
size: 300x300

Me? I prefer some Frosted Frakes
size: 300x300

Those are great!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 02:23:49 AM »
Bob's Red Mill old style muesli from iHerb.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 09:15:21 AM »
Costco and Homeplus sell the exact same cereal that I can get in canada. Lots have little to no sugar.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 12:10:34 PM »
If you don't like the selection of cereal in the supermarket then why don't you go back home!  :laugh: I jest.

You can often find foreign cereals in the popular department store supermarkets.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 12:18:02 PM »
Just find some random Korean snacks and throw some milk on them. Smash up a multivitamin to go with it.

Or go for the breakfast of champions- Fruity Pebbles in Boone's Farm/last night's leftover jungle juice.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2018, 12:03:47 PM »
If you don't like the selection of cereal in the supermarket then why don't you go back home!  :laugh: I jest.

You can often find foreign cereals in the popular department store supermarkets.

Mostly Seoul.  Mid sized cities and even some metropolitan cities that have a department store will often have less selection and limited variety.  Seoul Myeong Dong Shinsegye is best when I visit up to Seoul.  Many Marts away from Seoul don't have anything except the sugary Korean type. 

Anyways, I usually stock up on muesli boxes when I go up to Seoul a couple of times a year.  Then, I order stuff from I herb too.  I mix it all together and try to get through the semester as best I can.  Sometimes towards the very end I have to buy some Korean stuff. 

Offline lifeisgood6447

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2018, 07:15:56 AM »

Mostly Seoul.  Mid sized cities and even some metropolitan cities that have a department store will often have less selection and limited variety.  Seoul Myeong Dong Shinsegye is best when I visit up to Seoul.  Many Marts away from Seoul don't have anything except the sugary Korean type. 

Anyways, I usually stock up on muesli boxes when I go up to Seoul a couple of times a year.  Then, I order stuff from I herb too.  I mix it all together and try to get through the semester as best I can.  Sometimes towards the very end I have to buy some Korean stuff.

Every Homeplus that I have shopped at has muesli. Maybe double check. They used to have a Tesco brand, but since they split, they have changed to another type that comes in a box.

Offline Mezoti97

• The Legend
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2018, 08:11:51 AM »
Every Homeplus that I have shopped at has muesli. Maybe double check. They used to have a Tesco brand, but since they split, they have changed to another type that comes in a box.

I've seen muesli at Emarts before, although I haven't been to a brick and mortar Emart recently as I usually order my groceries from Emartmall.com.