March 26, 2019, 08:17:00 PM

Author Topic: Whatís your go-to, two-week camp on Waygook?  (Read 934 times)

Online theman3285

• Super Waygook
Whatís your go-to, two-week camp on Waygook?
« on: December 03, 2018, 09:47:26 AM »
Well, itís that time again. Unfortunately, I donít have the budget for a two-week extravaganza, so Iím on the lookout for a camp outline thatís more or less self-sustaining. Iíve built my camps from the ground-up in previous years, but drawing on the collective powers of Waygook.org seems an enticing prospect this time round.

So, what are your favorite prefabbed camp materials available on Waygook?

Hopefully this thread can gain a bit of traction and help us all out. Good luck with your preparations!   

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Whatís your go-to, two-week camp on Waygook?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:04:22 AM »
- make your own board game, then play either others
- egg drop
- trash fashion (students, in groups, design and build a costume (on a student) out of whatever you have in your classroom e.g. foil, bin bags, paper, paper cups). then vote for a winner
- build a bridge out of paper. strongest wins
- spaghetti tower (tallest wins)

these are no-prep but keeps them entertained for hours

Online rufus947

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 12:13:30 PM »
I've made a few 5 day 9am-12pm camps for 5th and 6th grade. I've done space camp and survival camp which both turned out pretty well. I'll post links below :).

space camp
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=3119.40

survival camp
http://www.waygook.org/index.php?topic=14953.40

Online mikeycknowsrnb

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 01:03:13 PM »
My school doesn't care what I do as long as I keep them busy. I literally just google a bunch activities the day before and play them. No real theme. The cheapest and most fun ones I've done so far are

1) Make a Fan/ Balloon Badminton.
Give the students paper plates and tell them to design it. After that, tape chopsticks on the inside and it turns into a fan. Then blow up balloons and they use it as rackets to play Badminton.

2) Yank Me
Yank me is stack 4 paper cups with a piece of paper between each one. they must pull each paper without knocking down the rest of the cups.

3) English Basketball
Use boxes as basket and crumpled paper for balls. You can play this anyway you see fir but the most common way is to have an English question on the screen and the students shoot in order to answer. Most points wins.

4) Airplane target/dart
Fold paper planes and draw three circles on the board each one inside the other sorta like this ((o)). The smallest circle worth 50, middle circle worth 20, biggest worth 10. Students throw the planes and aim. First one to 150 wins.

5) Cupside Down
Have about 20 paper cups and lay them down sideways. Set a timer however you see fit. One team should try to put the cup right side up and the other upside down.  They are allowed to change cups of the other team. The team with the most cups in their direction when the timer stops wins.

Offline traveler

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2018, 10:34:07 AM »
What level are you teaching? I can't give advice if I don't know the level.