December 18, 2018, 07:39:46 PM

Author Topic: EPIK Renewal Bonus - Busan  (Read 360 times)

Online alexisalex

• Super Waygook
EPIK Renewal Bonus - Busan
« on: November 30, 2018, 08:11:15 AM »
The documents have been released for contract renewals in Busan; hope everyone who wanted to stay, can stay!

Slight downer...looks like the renewal bonus of 2 million has been reduced to 1.3 million.  At least it's still there I suppose; didn't they get rid of it altogether in Seoul?

Online cryden

• Explorer
Re: EPIK Renewal Bonus - Busan
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2018, 09:08:06 AM »
I'm pretty sure the renewal bonus is still 2 million.  They give you 1.3 million at renewal, and the remaining 700k at the end of your second contract.  If you renew again for a third contract, they'll give you 2 million at renewal, and an additional 700k at the end of your third contract.

Cheers for renewing in Busan!

Online alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »
I'm pretty sure the renewal bonus is still 2 million.  They give you 1.3 million at renewal, and the remaining 700k at the end of your second contract.  If you renew again for a third contract, they'll give you 2 million at renewal, and an additional 700k at the end of your third contract.

Cheers for renewing in Busan!

Yeah I think I should double check with her again because she might not have been aware of that "splitting" rule they introduced a couple of years of ago (1.3 upon renewal and then 0.7 upon completion) and misinterpreted the paperwork.

Online cryden

• Explorer
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 10:13:51 AM »
I think they did change how they're doing health checks, though.  Last year we brought them to renewal orientation; this time they don't want us to get a check done until after January 1st, and we're supposed to mail it in.  That's what I've been told, at least.  :undecided:

Online alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 10:54:24 AM »
I think they did change how they're doing health checks, though.  Last year we brought them to renewal orientation; this time they don't want us to get a check done until after January 1st, and we're supposed to mail it in.  That's what I've been told, at least.  :undecided:

Lol really?  Then I'd definitely better check with my CT again because she didn't mention that at all.  I asked her if I need to take the medical check to the orientation as usual and she just said yes lol  :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 10:57:48 AM by alexisalex »

Online cryden

• Explorer
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 12:10:49 PM »
No problem!

I hope it's accurate information. I've attached a picture of the relevant page I got from the BMOE.  I can't read Korean well, though, so I'm just going off what my co-teachers tell me it says.  Please let me know if you find out that I'm wrong!