December 18, 2018, 07:29:31 PM

Author Topic: EPIK Coordinator Interview  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Squatting Panda

• Waygookin
Re: EPIK Coordinator Interview
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2018, 07:53:19 AM »
Who applied for the EPIK coordinator post?

I have an interview and unlike most interviews where I can just prepare using my CV and some help from Google. I don't know what to expect from this one? Has anyone ever been through the process? Heeeelp!!!!

I interviewed once for the position after receiving a recommendation from the previous coordinator, I didn't get the job but I can tell you about who did. The person had a degree in communications, and positioned himself as having more HR knowledge. They will ask you hypothetical situations about what you'd do if a teacher is sick or something and doesn't tell their school, how would you handle it. These kinds of things. I took the aspect of defending the office of education's position would be best lol, not being their best friend. Overall, it was a pretty normal interview. In the coordinator position you are very much an HR professional, so market yourself towards that end. Communication skills, conflict resolution abilities, etc... this kinda stuff. goodluck!!

Offline nzer-in-gyeongnam

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Expert Waygook
  • "abnosome" ~ "abnormal in an awesome way."
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2018, 01:25:05 PM »
I was one of the shortlist for the interview as well. Sadly I didn't get the position, but was told my qualifications and experience made it a tough challenge. I really wanted the position as it would have been a stepping stone toward my ultimate goals. I was a little disappointed I didn't get the job honestly.
"It's better to have tried and failed, than never to have tried at all!"
Teach this to your students... they'll thank you for it later!

Offline Princess-Love

• Waygookin
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2018, 08:03:29 AM »
I was one of the shortlist for the interview as well. Sadly I didn't get the position, but was told my qualifications and experience made it a tough challenge. I really wanted the position as it would have been a stepping stone toward my ultimate goals. I was a little disappointed I didn't get the job honestly.

The standard rejection email. I got that too, I was in denial for a moment though but when it kicked I was bummed probably because I really am not feeling teaching lately. It's really starting to steal my joy... not the kids but the micromanagement of co-teachers. I have to work towards shifting my mindset since I have an entire year here.

Offline sweetyrain87

• Explorer
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2018, 08:08:23 AM »
I am wondering does anyone knows how to be the regional coordinators?
What is the actual hiring process for that job?
I mean do POE hire coordinators themselves?