December 13, 2018, 12:02:45 AM

Author Topic: EPIK Coordinator Interview  (Read 1495 times)

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
EPIK Coordinator Interview
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:48:32 PM »
Who applied for the EPIK coordinator post?

I have an interview and unlike most interviews where I can just prepare using my CV and some help from Google. I don't know what to expect from this one? Has anyone ever been through the process? Heeeelp!!!!

Offline sleepy

• Veteran
Re: EPIK Coordinator Interview
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:48:17 PM »

I have an interview and unlike most interviews where I can just prepare using my CV and some help from Google. I don't know what to expect from this one? Has anyone ever been through the process? Heeeelp!!!!

Watch 'Top Gun' a few hours before the interview. That movie always 'pumps me up'  :lipsrsealed:

Offline Akalerikum

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2018, 09:20:04 AM »
Run a Google search and you will a plethora of videos and blogs specifically dedicated to tips and experiences regarding the EPIK interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMPQiyMwrQg

Here's just one of the very many available.

Good luck. ~

Offline theman3285

• Super Waygook
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2018, 09:45:02 AM »
Run a Google search and you will a plethora of videos and blogs specifically dedicated to tips and experiences regarding the EPIK interview.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMPQiyMwrQg

Here's just one of the very many available.

Good luck. ~
You know what a coordinator is, right?

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2018, 11:15:46 AM »

Watch 'Top Gun' a few hours before the interview. That movie always 'pumps me up'  :lipsrsealed:

:blank: I meant an EPIK COORDINATOR not teacher. There is nothing about that on Google hence I came here. I started there first.

Thanks... I guess🤦🏽‍♀️

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »

:blank: I meant an EPIK COORDINATOR not teacher. There is nothing about that on Google hence I came here. I started there first.

Thanks... I guess🤦🏽‍♀️

top gun will pump you up for the coordinator job.  it prepares you to fly into the danger zone.  you will be loggins those big checks in no time. 

akalerikum was the one who didn't read the coordinator part. 

Offline Akalerikum

• Waygookin
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2018, 12:33:53 PM »

Thanks... I guess🤦🏽‍♀️

Yep!
I read that incorrectly. Terribly sorry about that.  :laugh:

I saw the ad for that position a couple of days ago.
Seems like a good gig.

All the best!
and once again good luck~

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 03:53:16 PM »
The interview was intense!!!! I was told asking questions at the end was inappropriate. I mean, I thought people were encouraged to do such and my questions were not far fetched. Apparently my panel was not the right audience to ask those questions... anyways, back to being a teacher ...🚶🏾‍♀️

Offline Akalerikum

• Waygookin
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 09:28:49 PM »
The interview was intense!!!! I was told asking questions at the end was inappropriate. I mean, I thought people were encouraged to do such and my questions were not far fetched. Apparently my panel was not the right audience to ask those questions... anyways, back to being a teacher ...🚶🏾‍♀️

Oh my... Sorry to hear that.

Do you know when you can expect the result of your interview?

Or did they already tell you on the spot?

Online alanO

• Adventurer
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2018, 01:14:44 AM »
From what I'm aware it's a volunteer position and when we were sent the details in our region the coordinator even said "no previous experience required", really don't think you need to overthink it so much.

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2018, 07:00:04 AM »
From what I'm aware it's a volunteer position and when we were sent the details in our region the coordinator even said "no previous experience required", really don't think you need to overthink it so much.

I am 100% sure that youíre talking about something way different. This is not a volunteer position. Itís a paid position and at a good one at that.

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2018, 07:01:22 AM »
Tomorrow Iíll know 😫
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 10:40:44 AM by kyndo »

Offline Akalerikum

• Waygookin
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 10:45:13 AM »

I am 100% sure that youíre talking about something way different. This is not a volunteer position. Itís a paid position and at a good one at that.

I think he is speaking about the regional coordinator position which is available to people who are teaching.

It's a volunteer position in which you help coordinate and address concerns the of other NETs stationed within your province/region.

Different from the position OP is talking about.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 11:19:22 AM »
I think he is speaking about the regional coordinator position which is available to people who are teaching.
It's a volunteer position in which you help coordinate and address concerns the of other NETs stationed within your province/region.

Actually, even regional coordinators get paid extra. Last time I checked, they receive an additional 300,000 coordinator allowance. In addition, some regions also reduce the coordinator's maximum number of lesson hours from 22 to 18 to allow them to focus on their additional duties. (I'm not sure if this is standard, but this is what coordinators get in my POE)
    Back in the day I was a coordinator in Japan: it's a pretty sweet gig if you have decent people handling skills, can put up with people asking the same dumb questions over and over, have some basic local language skillz, and have some experience living in the country and dealing with bureaucracy to draw from.

Offline Davey

• Moderator - LVL 3
  • Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2018, 12:30:33 PM »
Tomorrow Iíll know 😫

I remember the turnover being quite high since you gotta deal with lots of stupid complaints and questions, but it's definitely better work experience for your career than being a teacher.
------------------------------------------
Search this site using Google by typing, "site:waygook.org [search term]," especially during peak hours. Alternatively, use the site's search function.

EPIK: VISA, RENEWING, PENSION, ETC:

http://waygook.org/index.php/topic,2614.0.html

Online alanO

• Adventurer
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2018, 01:03:07 PM »

Actually, even regional coordinators get paid extra. Last time I checked, they receive an additional 300,000 coordinator allowance. In addition, some regions also reduce the coordinator's maximum number of lesson hours from 22 to 18 to allow them to focus on their additional duties. (I'm not sure if this is standard, but this is what coordinators get in my POE)
    Back in the day I was a coordinator in Japan: it's a pretty sweet gig if you have decent people handling skills, can put up with people asking the same dumb questions over and over, have some basic local language skillz, and have some experience living in the country and dealing with bureaucracy to draw from.

That sounds much better and you might be right actually, sorry. There was no mention of benefits at all (or extra pay) but they also don't mention its volunteer, I just assumed the first. If that is the case it's a pretty nice deal to have.

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2018, 02:48:20 PM »

That sounds much better and you might be right actually, sorry. There was no mention of benefits at all (or extra pay) but they also don't mention its volunteer, I just assumed the first. If that is the case it's a pretty nice deal to have.

Yeah I was referring to the Coordinators that interview teachers. The ones that work at NIIED. It's a pretty sweet deal in my books.

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2018, 02:50:57 PM »

Yes the work experience is definitely better than teacher since I don't want to teach after I leave Korea. Honestly I've dealt with so much coT drama this year that I wouldn't mind answering stupid questions if it means I get to feel like I'm working instead of 'just' assisting.

Online alanO

• Adventurer
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2018, 08:55:22 PM »

Yeah I was referring to the Coordinators that interview teachers. The ones that work at NIIED. It's a pretty sweet deal in my books.

Where did you find this job? If you don't mind me asking?

Offline Princess-Love

• Explorer
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2018, 10:40:53 PM »

Where did you find this job? If you don't mind me asking?

It was posted on the EPIK website but I never go there. I found out about it because someone shared it here on Waygook.