December 18, 2018, 06:55:21 PM

Author Topic: Working in Korea has turned me into a liar  (Read 751 times)

Offline BlackBird2

• Explorer
Working in Korea has turned me into a liar
« on: November 23, 2018, 03:10:07 PM »
Been in the public school system for two year now. I feel I am more dishonest that I have ever been in my entire life. In my first year I was honest about everything but soon realised that it sometimes works against me. Last year I had a Professor from my previous university visiting Seoul (I live in Busan). I wanted a day off to go see him and I was told I couldn't because I have to teach. I even offered unpaid leave but I was told nope! I ended up feeling like I could have just taken sick day instead. Monday, I told my coT I was thinking of applying for the Epik Coordinator position which she encouraged but today I told I asked for a rec letter from my other CoT who I have taught with for 2 years and she freaked out. Freaking out because she had confirmed to the BMEO that I would be staying for another year and this makes her look bad. I might not even make it to the selection and she already freaking out making me wish I hadn't told her sigh! Honesty = suffering here.

Online theman3285

• Super Waygook
Re: Working in Korea has turned me into a liar
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 03:21:57 PM »
In my first year I was honest about everything but soon realised that it sometimes works against me. Last year I had a Professor from my previous university visiting Seoul (I live in Busan). I wanted a day off to go see him and I was told I couldn't because I have to teach.

You're pissed because your school didn't give you the day off to visit a friend?  :huh:

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2018, 03:49:08 PM »
I wanted a day off to go see him and I was told I couldn't because I have to teach.

The nerve of these schools  :rolleyes:

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2018, 01:35:13 PM »
Last year I had a Professor from my previous university visiting Seoul (I live in Busan). I wanted a day off to go see him and I was told I couldn't because I have to teach.
mate....

Online sligo

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2018, 11:48:35 AM »
This title is misleading.  It should read:

Working in Korea has turned me from entitled to a liar

Seriously, why would you think you can skip out on a days work to meet somebody?

Is your social life more important than the children's education?  Even unpaid, you are leaving kids without a teacher.

Online AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »
Top banter this mind. Top banter.  ;D
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?