March 27, 2019, 12:22:01 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Age difference in relationships  (Read 3659 times)

Offline lashrl

• Explorer
Re: Age difference in relationships
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2019, 12:34:48 PM »
It's the same when a teacher has sex with a student. If it is a male teacher then the world goes berserk and he gets thrown in jail for a long time.

When it's a woman having sex with a student then the student is hero, the teacher gets a stern telling off and 100 hours community service.

Reverse the roles in OP's scenario and have the woman be significantly older than the man and I don't think your friends say anything except, lucky you banter.

This is very different in Japan - its "common" for male teachers to marry a female student, after graduation/university and goes largely undetected. However, if a female teacher does this, she makes headlines for stealing the boy's future. ?? Double standard much?

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #61 on: February 14, 2019, 10:47:12 AM »
Typical.

If it was a 40 +-year-old woman dating a 30 or younger guy...  " you go girl"  " you still got it"  " you are such a cougar, milf ect.. "

Of course, if it's a guy..   " He is a pig", " Can't get a girl his own age" so on ect..   Women in their 30's are gonna hate because they know their time is up and they are aging inside and out, and guys, including their husbands, secretly lust after younger fertile women.  It's just nature. We are animals for fooks sake. Any guy with testosterone above 200.. would love to bang a 20-year-old, no matter if you're 30, 40, 50, 60, 70..    If you say no that's gross.. you have homo tendencies that you need to be explored or go get a blood test and get on TRT.

What even IS this logic? Christ I'll just kill myself before I get to 30 then. Your comment is offensive to pretty much EVERY demographic. Well done.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 10:53:35 AM by debbiem89 »

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #62 on: February 14, 2019, 10:52:10 AM »
I had never dated anyone younger than me before I came to Korea. My last relationship in the U.K he was 12 years older.

Since I've been here I've dated older and much younger. I don't even give it a second thought, as long as we are on the same wavelength and are both consenting adults...who cares?

Anyone who judges the age difference in someone else's relationship is either very sad or jealous. I've found both men and women to be guilty of this (contrary to the stereotype of jealousy being a female trait). Mind ya biz.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #63 on: February 14, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
Can't believe no one has brought up the old rule of "Half your age+7" yet.

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #64 on: February 14, 2019, 11:04:38 AM »

Literally it was the second comment.  :laugh:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2019, 11:15:32 AM »

Ah shit. Thanks Korean square lowres office monitor.

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2019, 11:17:54 AM »

Bahaha. I had literally just read through the whole thread and I knew I'd seen it somewhere is all.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2019, 11:44:56 AM »
Anyone who judges the age difference in someone else's relationship is either very sad or jealous. I've found both men and women to be guilty of this (contrary to the stereotype of jealousy being a female trait). Mind ya biz.

I'm not a busybody and I don't consider myself too be overly harsh to other people's................. lifestyles? Choices? hahaha anyway................

I think a healthy dose of skepticism is good though, in most things. In my blog thread in here, I have a video about my worst resto experience ever.

The ajumma said that she married he Elementary school teacher. I don't have the exact math but that's a big gap. It IS a little strange. I don't wish ill on them and I don't think of them really at all, but if one asked me my thoughts I would definitely raise an eyebrow and call something weird weird.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #68 on: February 14, 2019, 11:47:06 AM »

Bahaha. I had literally just read through the whole thread and I knew I'd seen it somewhere is all.

You're welcome. :p

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #69 on: February 14, 2019, 12:05:26 PM »

I'm not a busybody and I don't consider myself too be overly harsh to other people's................. lifestyles? Choices? hahaha anyway................

I think a healthy dose of skepticism is good though, in most things. In my blog thread in here, I have a video about my worst resto experience ever.

The ajumma said that she married he Elementary school teacher. I don't have the exact math but that's a big gap. It IS a little strange. I don't wish ill on them and I don't think of them really at all, but if one asked me my thoughts I would definitely raise an eyebrow and call something weird weird.

Truth. But purely seeing a big age gap isn't enough for me to be skeptical these days. I think it's just so common now it doesn't immediately strike me as weird anymore. Maybe if my 50 year old cot suddenly told me his wife was 22 I would be a little...surprised? But certainly not in a negative way.

Look at Macron....his wife is 24 years his senior and their history is certainly worth an eyebrow raise, but they seem happy...so have at it.

Offline Kayos

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #70 on: February 14, 2019, 12:06:27 PM »
But it doesn't really matter, either way. I've been dressed up to my neck and down to my toes with loose, baggy clothing, and it never stopped or even diminished unwanted attention. I've even been catcalled while wearing puffy jackets that make me look three times bigger.

Lol come on Chinguetti, you must be trolling now :laugh:

No, 100% serious. The problem isn't the way a person dresses. It has to do with the mentality and the level of respect a person has towards another. When someone has a sense of entitlement and wants something from you, nothing is going to put them off.

It's way worse for me here than it is back home (it's actually not too common back at home in general, thanks to different norms) because of the fact that I'm foreign. The creeps here see a foreign face, and that's all it takes. You should follow me around for a day.

Isn't there laws against that? :P

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #71 on: February 14, 2019, 12:11:01 PM »
Look at Macron....his wife is 24 years his senior and their history is certainly worth an eyebrow raise, but they seem happy...so have at it.

Yeah, I try to look at it like

A: As long as they're happy, it's not really a big deal.

mixed with

B: WEW, LAD
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #72 on: February 14, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »
But it doesn't really matter, either way. I've been dressed up to my neck and down to my toes with loose, baggy clothing, and it never stopped or even diminished unwanted attention. I've even been catcalled while wearing puffy jackets that make me look three times bigger.

Lol come on Chinguetti, you must be trolling now :laugh:

No, 100% serious. The problem isn't the way a person dresses. It has to do with the mentality and the level of respect a person has towards another. When someone has a sense of entitlement and wants something from you, nothing is going to put them off.

It's way worse for me here than it is back home (it's actually not too common back at home in general, thanks to different norms) because of the fact that I'm foreign. The creeps here see a foreign face, and that's all it takes. You should follow me around for a day.

Isn't there laws against that? :P

Yeah. She called the cops on the last guy who did that, IIRC.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #73 on: February 14, 2019, 02:32:34 PM »
Well, there are plenty of women who still look pretty good into their 40's and 50's.  They do have to pile on more makeup (though some are blessed with youthful skin) and work harder to stay in shape.  Might do some botox in their 50's and have to die their hair?  But, there are plenty of women who are still attractive as they get older.  Of course many women and many men let themselves go.  Men, it means harder work trying to stay in shape and fighting baldness.  The only thing that will hold them back is not being able to have kids after early or mid 40's if they want to settle down with a younger guy?  A man in his 40's and 50's can still get his younger wife pregnant and have kids.  Other than this issue, let folks do whatever floats their boat. 

Overall, men are considered to be attractive as they age is they take care of certain things up until a certain age I guess. 

Online pkjh

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #74 on: February 14, 2019, 02:39:30 PM »
Realistically, 10+ years. 12/22-ish...

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #75 on: February 14, 2019, 02:56:07 PM »
Realistically OPTIMISTICALLY, 10+ years. 12/22-ish...
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
I support age differences in relationships. I am 42 years old and I would rather be with a
younger woman than an older woman. Younger women are still able to reproduce. Older
women cannot do that.

Personally I would go out with a younger woman but she has to be of legal adult age. If anybody
does not like that, then screw them.

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2019, 05:56:12 AM »
But unless you are extremely good looking or extremely wealthy, women that young aren't going to want to date a 42 year old. 18 year olds are probably out.  :rolleyes:

Offline debbiem89

• Super Waygook
« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2019, 08:46:41 AM »
I support age differences in relationships. I am 42 years old and I would rather be with a
younger woman than an older woman. Younger women are still able to reproduce. Older
women cannot do that.

Personally I would go out with a younger woman but she has to be of legal adult age. If anybody
does not like that, then screw them.

You make women sound like cattle.

I'm sure the fertile young lasses are lining up for this arrangement.

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2019, 08:51:22 AM »
You make women sound like cattle.
Funnily enough, my ex is named 소의 so whenever she'd forward me emails (flights, airbnb stuff) I'd auto translate the emails and they would always begin...........

Dear Cattle,

We are looking forward........................

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: One time for an Airbnb in Tokyo it ended with a

Thank you very much, Bovine, for picking us.

I wish I could make this up. hahahaha
The joys of fauxtherhood