February 22, 2019, 12:49:58 PM

Author Topic: Oh God, now the Koreans are taking over Canadian Classrooms...  (Read 2256 times)

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Oh God, now the Koreans are taking over Canadian Classrooms...
« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2018, 01:30:20 PM »
I mean If I was President Moon I try pushing to the punishment of former Japanese soldiers.
I mean it's not too late.....

Khmer Rouge leaders found guilty of Cambodia genocide

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-46217896

Would never happen.

What if Vietnam asked President Moon to hand over the South Korean soldiers who took part in massacres during the Vietnam War? Do you think he would agree?

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2018, 01:30:57 PM »
I mean If I was President Moon I try pushing to the punishment of former Japanese soldiers.

Yes, but those two Cambodians Nuon Chea, and Khieu Samphan were in number 2 and 3 positions of the whole of Cambodia. You'll notice no Khmer Rouge foot soldiers or even relatively high position officers , out of the tens/hundreds of thousands who were part of it, have ever been punished in any way whatsoever.

The majority of the Class A war criminals were convicted in Japan and those that weren't are long, long dead.
All you are going to get now are regular soldiers. And again, generally regular soldiers are not held responsible for war crimes unless they did something particularly horrific. Also if you read POW accounts, Korean camp guards working for the Japanese had the reputation for being some of the most brutal and sadistic out of anyone. So you might want to let those sleeping dogs lie.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2018, 01:38:31 PM »

Would never happen.

What if Vietnam asked President Moon to hand over the South Korean soldiers who took part in massacres during the Vietnam War? Do you think he would agree?

Truth.  There is that too.

The majority of the Class A war criminals were convicted in Japan and those that weren't are long, long dead.
All you are going to get now are regular soldiers. And again, generally regular soldiers are not held responsible for war crimes unless they did something particularly horrific. Also if you read POW accounts, Korean camp guards working for the Japanese had the reputation for being some of the most brutal and sadistic out of anyone. So you might want to let those sleeping dogs lie.

At this rate all that will be left are the dudes that worked in the mess hall.  Like I said, I've always wondered why that was never a thing. 
« Last Edit: November 22, 2018, 01:45:14 PM by Piggydee »

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #43 on: November 22, 2018, 02:00:16 PM »
At this rate all that will be left are the dudes that worked in the mess hall.
Have you ever eaten Korean army food? I have. 쓰밥 is definitely a war crime.  :lipsrsealed: Off with their heads!

Offline pkjh

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #44 on: November 22, 2018, 02:38:54 PM »

Would never happen.

Only if the Americans do it it too.

Anyways, the Korean president should focus on the Japanese making sure their students actually learn about what happened. Instead of being skipped at the end of the year because they have no more time...

The vast majority of Japanese have little idea what Japan did during that 1900-1945 period, unlike German students.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2018, 02:58:28 PM »

Would never happen.

Only if the Americans do it it too.

Anyways, the Korean president should focus on the Japanese making sure their students actually learn about what happened. Instead of being skipped at the end of the year because they have no more time...

The vast majority of Japanese have little idea what Japan did during that 1900-1945 period, unlike German students.

https://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-21226068

I think that's the same with American students, heck some might think America bombed Japan because and only because of Pearl Harbor.  I mean after that, it's not hard to feel terrible for the Japanese and thus see them as victim instead of the aggressors. 

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2018, 07:00:36 PM »
Well you're certainly doing your part, Mister "I proudly spend my day on notorious white supremacist websites."
Just making shit up now.

You're the bigot. You're the one that can't even apply fair standards and expectations to people of different cultures.

Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on November 14, 2018, 10:40:37 AM

But as someone who visits both TheDonald and Breitbart (as well as Slate, Salon, the NYTimes, The Atlantic, The Nation), and does so regularly and as a participant

The_Donald has become notorious for its incitements to violence, its blatant white supremacist rhetoric, and its use as a lure for the alt-right into more explicit forms of right-wing extremism. Trump’s notorious anti-CNN tweet, which seemed to advocate violence against journalists and arguably violated Twitter’s own content policy, originated from a post on The_Donald. Prior to the Unite the Right rally in Charlottesville, The_Donald hosted a stickied post encouraging members to attend the rally and march alongside neo-Nazi and “ethnostate” groups, because, “In this case, the pursuit of preserving without shame white culture, our goals happen to align.”

Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2018, 07:15:01 AM »
Be a feminist or have cancer  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2018, 07:43:45 AM »
Yes, if you don't actually visit those sites and rely on other people to tell you what to think, you might think they are white supremacist sites. People on the right howl and scream about me visiting Salon or Alternet and believe the worst about them. People arent the caricatures the other side makes them out to be. TheDonald is part of Reddit. Anyone can log in and spout their opinion. You're saying Reddit is a white supremacist website.

I'm sorry you rely on other people to tell you what to think rather than your own independent assessment.

Anyways, you're the one that can't judge people fairly and applies a completely different and arbitrary standard to Koreans.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2018, 08:22:02 AM by Mr.DeMartino »

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2018, 12:49:12 PM »
Yes, if you don't actually visit those sites and rely on other people to tell you what to think, you might think they are white supremacist sites. People on the right howl and scream about me visiting Salon or Alternet and believe the worst about them. People arent the caricatures the other side makes them out to be. TheDonald is part of Reddit. Anyone can log in and spout their opinion. You're saying Reddit is a white supremacist website.

I'm sorry you rely on other people to tell you what to think rather than your own independent assessment.

Anyways, you're the one that can't judge people fairly and applies a completely different and arbitrary standard to Koreans.

Why would you go to white supremacist websites if you're not a white supremacist? You've seen the evidence, and you apparently go there often enough that you should see it. You're in denial about supporting white supremacy, everyone knows it, but you think you can get away with it because apparently Waygook doesn't want to do anything about you people spamming articles from white supremacist websites.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2018, 01:22:32 PM »
   Are we really accusing Mr.Demartino -- you know, the notorious and world-reknown Steelrails , indefatigable defender of all things Korean -- of being a white supremacist?
Really?
Really???
Because that's pretty amusing.
:laugh:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2018, 01:44:56 PM »
Why would you go to white supremacist websites if you're not a white supremacist? You've seen the evidence, and you apparently go there often enough that you should see it. You're in denial about supporting white supremacy, everyone knows it, but you think you can get away with it because apparently Waygook doesn't want to do anything about you people spamming articles from white supremacist websites.

Because they aren't white supremacist websites anymore than left-leaning sites are women-supremacist or minority-supremacist websites. Yes they have clickbaity titles and opinions that I would disagree with or consider ignorant or even bigoted, but they also are major media outlets and in order to understand what people are thinking and why, you have to go to them. There's a world of difference between Breitbart and Stormfront. Did you know on Breitbart or TheDonald there are also tons of stories that praise minorities who do things that are in line with the conservative world view (and not in a Shoeshine sort of way) and the audience has nothing but good things to say? Stories of young black men helping old ladies or paying tribute to cops and firefighters or defending their home from burglars (some of whom are white!). Yes these sites on the right and left may have jarring things to say, but there is a candor to them that is important to recognize.

If someone posted an article from Jezebel I wouldn't flip my lid and accuse someone of being a misandrist. Like most people and things, people are more complicated and nuanced than some simplistic take like "You go to Breitbart? You must be a white supremacist". Just like posters here may have bigoted or prejudiced views or points against Koreans, I think it is also true that many have a complicated view and will praise Koreans that do things that conform to their world view. It's complicated.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2018, 02:02:06 PM »
   Are we really accusing Mr.Demartino -- you know, the notorious and world-reknown Steelrails , indefatigable defender of all things Korean -- of being a white supremacist?
Really?
Really???

Is it even possible to be an Asian white supremacist? Isn't that like a turkey looking forward to Christmas?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2018, 02:08:29 PM »

Maybe...?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2018, 03:04:17 PM »
Really?
Really???

He's clearly conflicted.

sligo

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2018, 03:56:55 PM »
Really?
Really???

Yellow supremacist?

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #56 on: November 23, 2018, 07:30:14 PM »
Really?
Really???

He proudly admits being a Breitbart and the_donald denizen. You've seen the evidence that they are white supremacist sites. It's not that hard to figure out. It's not like they hide it or are coy about their racism.

He doesn't defend Korea because he loves Korea or Koreans, he does it because he's a contrarian who argues against anything anyone is saying. People tend to complain about Korea here, so he stirs up shit and argues with them because he clearly has nothing better to do. We should just call him Mr. Deskwarmer.