December 13, 2018, 12:27:30 AM

Author Topic: The Korean bias in favour of blondes  (Read 1073 times)

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
Re: The Korean bias in favour of blondes
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2018, 12:51:30 PM »
Sounds good in theory.

In reality, you're going to have a crowded weight area with a bunch of people hogging the rack to pump out little 40kg squats. You'll also have a bunch of sensitive/jealous pricks interfering with your workout. Last year, I was going for a power clean PR and managed to do it. This skinny-fat, doughy, bowl cut, ouma's boy squealed to the management that I was making too much noise stomping my feet on the ground during a power clean.

When it's not peak hours, just the regular guys are there and everyone's just getting down to business and getting gains.

I guess it depends on the gym, too, and the community pressure for what's considered acceptable.

Since I've started going to my current gym, been there for a little over a year now (left my previous gym because there was a lot of creepy behavior and management wasn't doing anything to stop it), membership has more than doubled, and most of the new members are people in their twenties and thirties, although there are still plenty of older people. I've been told by the cleaning ladies that it's because word got around that a foreigner was working out there, and everyone was curious about what the foreigner was doing (keep in mind that most of the new members are men, and that I'm the only foreigner in the gym).

Despite this, though, etiquette has actually dramatically improved at my gym. I think this is mostly to do with the majority of new members being younger than 40, and the gym owners, being older men, going through the proper behavior with new members. The rest is conformity. New people come in, watch what everyone else is doing, and follow suit. People who don't conform tend not to last very long at my gym anyway.

There's a lot more sweating going on in my gym now, too. People are actually running on the treadmills instead of just walking, and trying to lift more instead of doing the standard one set. This has all come about from people trying to watch and then compete with me, especially men, because there's a lot of a shame when a woman can outlift you, lmao.

Is this another 'I'm hot' post?

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2018, 01:20:42 PM »

More like another "female foreigners are exotic" post relevant to the fact that people with a certain appeal attract business.

Online zola

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2018, 01:37:49 PM »
I bleached my hair the week I arrived in Korea. Since then I have been incredibly successful. Now days I just frost my tips, but the money and adulation just keeps rolling in.
Kpip! - Martin 2018

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2018, 02:49:11 PM »

More like another "female foreigners are exotic" post relevant to the fact that people with a certain appeal attract business.

So, do you get a cut?