February 17, 2019, 04:20:39 PM

Author Topic: Bohemian Rhapsody: Kiss Scenes  (Read 980 times)

Offline AlivePoet

• Expert Waygook
Bohemian Rhapsody: Kiss Scenes
« on: November 15, 2018, 08:24:56 AM »
Anyone else chuckle heartily while the whole theater erupted in frantic sounds of disgust and "어떻게"?   :laugh:

Offline Charleseu.92@gmail.com

• Newgookin
Re: Bohemian Rhapsody: Kiss Scenes
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 08:41:30 AM »
Yes, I wonder how many people even knew Freddie was into dudes before going to see it.   8)

Offline jmnegr2

• Waygookin
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2018, 08:42:19 AM »
And all those people panicking are, most likely, intrigued

Offline tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2018, 08:42:47 AM »
Anyone else chuckle heartily while the whole theater erupted in frantic sounds of disgust and "어떻게"?   :laugh:

No one did that in the theater I was in. So... no.

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2018, 09:49:55 AM »
Yeah I've been very on the fence about going to see this movie in Korea.  The amount of immaturity would make me cringe.  Plus maybe some walk outs  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  However, I've noticed some of my coworkers here taking a new interest in Queen's music now that the movie is out.   Hence when I pull up youtube to play in class the front page is covered with Queen videos from the viewing history.   :cheesy:

Offline CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »
Yeah I've been very on the fence about going to see this movie in Korea.  The amount of immaturity would make me cringe.  Plus maybe some walk outs :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  However, I've noticed some of my coworkers here taking a new interest in Queen's music now that the movie is out.   Hence when I pull up youtube to play in class the front page is covered with Queen videos from the viewing history.   :cheesy:

The only walkout I've ever seen was during Moonlight. Some girl was dragging her bf down the stairs on the side. She looked pissed, he had this look of "How could I have known??"

I saw BR on the IMAX screen in Chuncheon. Had a few gasps but that's not the end of the world, we all know Korea isn't up to date on our modern and enlightened views. /s
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline pkjh

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2018, 11:02:07 AM »
No special happenings in the theater when I was watching it. Place was about half full.

Offline keldule

• Adventurer
  • Mostly lurking
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2018, 11:58:53 AM »
Watched it in a theatre with about 10-20 Koreans around me. Definitely heard some gasps and whispers whenever Freddie kissed a man  :laugh:

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 12:54:11 PM »
Yeah I've been very on the fence about going to see this movie in Korea.  The amount of immaturity would make me cringe.  Plus maybe some walk outs  :rolleyes: :rolleyes:  However, I've noticed some of my coworkers here taking a new interest in Queen's music now that the movie is out.   Hence when I pull up youtube to play in class the front page is covered with Queen videos from the viewing history.   :cheesy:

No one walked out when I saw it except a woman took her young children outside for a short break when it was showing the people in the sex clubs.

Offline Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »

No one walked out when I saw it except a woman took her young children outside for a short break when it was showing the people in the sex clubs.

Someone took their child  :shocked:  A they showed sex clubs :shocked:  I think I'm going to wait till it comes out on VOD.   :shocked:  8)   

Offline elsbethm

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 01:06:30 PM »
Went to see it as part of our teacher trip. The amount of uncomfortable shuffling during the kiss scenes was entertaining. At least it made for interesting conversation at dinner afterwards.