December 12, 2018, 01:41:31 PM

Recruiters!

You can post your Jobs freely on this board, but please place them inside the same post to make it fair for everyone.

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: PUBLIC SCHOOLS ~ EPIK (Feb 2019), JLP (Apr 2019), GOE (Mar-July 2019) + PRIVATE  (Read 1196 times)

Offline canconx

• Newgookin
Greetings Teachers,

Canadian Connection Educational Services Inc. (www.canconx.com) is a recruitment agency which hires teachers for ESL positions in public schools and private institutes.

Public school hiring is now in full swing for Spring 2019 positions all over Korea. We work with a number of different programs depending on which area you are hoping to live/teach!

We also still have private institutes in Seoul, Incheon, Daegu, and Gwangju with monthly start dates from this January.

And don't let the name fool you! We accept applicants from the 7 designated countries - USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, Australia

Basic details are below but please visit our website (www.canconx.com) for more information

TO APPLY FOR THE POSITIONS BELOW: please submit an online application via our website (www.canconx.com) DO NOT email resumes, applications or other scanned documents

**Please be aware that school board/schools require that applicants having only a Bachelor’s degree (with non Education related majors) complete a 100 hour TESL/TEFL certificate prior to departure and there is a strong preference for courses that have at least 20 hours in-class (not totally online).

WINTER/SPRING 2019

Private Institutes (various locations):

School preferences: English, Education majors, TESL certificate holders or applicants with prior teaching experience
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Classroom Hours: 30 teaching hours per week.
Vacation: 10 days + national holidays
Salary: 2,000,000 – 2,400,000 Korean won per month
Severance Bonus: 1 month salary
School Type: mainly working with kindergarten and elementary aged students
Housing: non-shared housing supplied, schools pay rent, teachers cover util.
Airfare: One way ticket airfare is reimbursed after arrival and one way ticket home is given before the end of the contract. Some schools may only provide one way airfare
Contract Length: 1 year with option to renew
Locations: Seoul, Incheon, Daegu, Gwangju
Start Dates: monthly start dates in January, February, March

SPRING 2019

1) English Program in Korea EPIK (Public Schools)

EPIK is a department within the Korean Ministry of Education that is in charge of hiring Native English teachers for the majority of school boards throughout Korea. Due the fact that they have so many positions to fill, EPIK designates certain recruitment agencies to assist with hiring and Canadian Connection is one of the designated agencies

Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00
Classroom Hours: 22 teaching hours per week, overtime a possibility
School Levels: Elementary Schools (up to grade 6 but typically only working with grade 3-6), Middle Schools (grade 7-9) and High School (grades 10-12). The majority of positions are in Elementary and Middle School
Vacation: 18 working days + national holidays
Salary: 1,800,000 – 2,500,000 Korean won per month
Settlement Allowance: 300,000 Won
Airfare: Entrance allowance of 1,300,000 Korean Won when you arrive in Korea to cover your airfare and an Exit Allowance of 1,300,000 Korean Won to cover your airfare before you leave Korea at the end of your contract.
Start dates: mid February with a one week orientation
Locations: Various placements throughout the country including the locations listed below. Specific placements are decided by EPIK supervisors just before or during orientation so specific location requests aren’t guaranteed but you will be able to indicate one preference in the application process.
City Placements: Seoul, Busan, Daejeon, Daegu, Ulsan, Gwangju, Sejong
Provincial Placements: Gyeonggi, Gangwon, North Chungcheong, South Chungcheong, North Gyeongsang, South Gyeongsang, North Jeolla, Jeju
2nd interview with EPIK coordinators via skype is required

2) Jeollanamdo Provincial Office of Education (Public Schools)

Jeollanamdo province is in the southwest area of the country and includes smaller rural towns and cities up to 300,000 in population. Canadian Connection has been a hiring partner with the JLP for over 10 years.

Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 5:00
School Levels: Elementary Schools (up to grade 6 but typically only working with grade 3-6), Middle Schools (grade 7-9) and High School (grades 10-12). The majority of positions are in Elementary and Middle School
Vacation: 4 weeks + national holidays
Salary: 2,000,000 – 2,500,000 Korean won per month + bonuses for rural placements and travel schools
School Type: Elementary, Junior High, and High School
Airfare: Entrance allowance of 1,300,000 Korean Won when you arrive in Korea to cover your airfare and an Exit Allowance of 1,300,000 Korean Won to cover your airfare before you leave Korea at the end of your contract.
Dates (Tentative): April 14th with a one week orientation in Gwangju Contract Length: 1 year with option to renew
Locations:
City Placements: Mokpo, Yeosu, Suncheon, Gwangyang, and Naju
County Placements: Jindo, Wando, Haenam, Gangjin, Yeongwang, Yeongam, Muan, Jangheung, Boseong, Gurye, Gokseong, Hwasun, Hampyeong, Goheung

3) Gyeongnam Provincial Office of Education (Public Schools)

Gyeongnam is a scenic province located in the southeastern area of the country. Due the fact that they have so many positions to fill, Gyeongnam designates certain recruitment agencies to assist with hiring and Canadian Connection is one of the designated agencies

Schedule: Monday to Friday, 9:00am to 5:00pm
Vacation: 18 working days + national holidays
Salary: 2,100,000 – 2,700,000 Korean won per month
Housing: non-shared housing supplied, schools pay rent, teachers cover utilities
Start dates: Gyeongnam has monthly start dates as follows - March 1st, April 1st, June 1st, July 1st, September 1st, October 1st, November 1st, December 1st. There is a 2 day orientation at the beginning of each session.
Locations: Various placements throughout the province including the locations listed below. Specific placements are decided by Gyeongnam supervisors so specific location requests aren’t guaranteed but you will be able to indicate 2 city and 2 county preferences in the application process.
City Placements: Changwon, Jinju, Yangsan, Geoje, Tongyeong, Sacheon, Miryang
County Placements: Haman, Geochang, Changnyeong, Goseong, Namhae, Hapcheon, Hadong, Hamyang, Sancheong, Uiryeong
*2nd interview with Gyeongnam coordinators via skype is required

Thanks for your interest and we look forward to hearing from you!

Canadian Connection www.canconx.com
Twitter: twitter.com/southkorea114
Youtube: youtube.com/canconx1
Facebook: facebook.com/canconx
Instagram: instagram.com/canconx/

2017 Danforth Avenue, Suite 301
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M4C 1J7
Phone: 1.416.203.2679
+
1808 Nambusunhwan-ro, Suite 1510
Gwanak-gu, Seoul
ROK 08787

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
Aren't you embarrassed to be offering 1.8m a month?  Wages were higher than that 12 years ago?  It shows that you care little about the welfare of the teacher, and only about your commission!

2.5m would be an OK starting wage.  Anything less is not worth the hassle.

Offline canconx

• Newgookin
Aren't you embarrassed to be offering 1.8m a month?  Wages were higher than that 12 years ago?  It shows that you care little about the welfare of the teacher, and only about your commission!

2.5m would be an OK starting wage.  Anything less is not worth the hassle.

Thanks for your comment. The 1.8 million is the lowest possible salary range indicated by the Korean Ministry of Education and National Institute for International Education so we include it in our ads to be transparent but it is no longer typical for metropolitan or provincial offices of education to accept applicants with only unrelated Bachelor's degrees and no TEFL certification. The salary level (level 3) still exists in the system and sometimes last minute positions are filled by people with less qualifications than is the norm. Applicants who apply with EPIK with basic qualifications (Bachelor's degree and 100 hours of TEFL certification) can expect a minimum base salary of 2 million KRW in more metropolitan areas and up to 2.3 million KRW in some provinces.

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Applicants who apply with EPIK with basic qualifications (Bachelor's degree and 100 hours of TEFL certification) can expect a minimum base salary of 2 million KRW in more metropolitan areas
isn't 2m starting salary still....insanely low?

Online Periwinkle

• Veteran
I don't get it. Why are you all trolling the recruiter over the governmentally established pay scale???  Recruiters have no control over that, are not your employers, didn't create the pay scale and are only filling job vacancies and posting pay scales as provided to them and legally required.

If you have grievances about pay, you have several options available to you:
A. Discuss it with the Korean Ministry of Education.
B. Don't work in Korea.
C. Gain experience and choose an institution or province that matches the starting pay of your preference.

Not difficult at all. Good luck.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2018, 12:06:55 PM by Periwinkle »

Online tanis62458

• Super Waygook
I don't get it. Why are you all trolling the recruiter over the governmentally established pay scale???  Recruiters have no control over that, are not your employers, didn't create the pay scale and are only filling job vacancies and posting pay scales as provided to them and legally required.

B. Don't work in Korea.
C. Gain experience and choose an institution or province that matches the starting pay of your preference.

this happens once in a while.  some of the peeps on here go on a crusade against the jobs and wages offered and poo pooing on the job offers is their way of fighting the system.  i disagree though.  2.1 to 2.2 starting out in korea is fine.   i agree with them when it's an experienced teacher being offered that.  your abc list is on point

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook

B. Don't work in Korea.

this happens once in a while.  some of the peeps on here go on a crusade against the jobs and wages offered and poo pooing on the job offers is their way of fighting the system.  i disagree though.  2.1 to 2.2 starting out in korea is fine.   i agree with them when it's an experienced teacher being offered that.  your abc list is on point

None of the people who can make changes will listen the the foreign teacher.  But, if the teachers refuse the wages, then the recruiter may tell the schools that the figures are too low, this in turn may be passed on the the higher ups, and that way change may come about.  Foreign teachers wages should rise in parallel with Koreans.  I guarantee that Koreans teachers are not starting on the same wage now as in 2007.

If noone says anything, nothing will be done.  If only we were allowed to have a union!

Online tanis62458

• Super Waygook

B. Don't work in Korea.

None of the people who can make changes will listen the the foreign teacher.  But, if the teachers refuse the wages, then the recruiter may tell the schools that the figures are too low, this in turn may be passed on the the higher ups, and that way change may come about.  Foreign teachers wages should rise in parallel with Koreans.  I guarantee that Koreans teachers are not starting on the same wage now as in 2007.

If noone says anything, nothing will be done.  If only we were allowed to have a union!

not going to disagree with wanting to make changes in salaries.  my biggest problem is always about the starting point for a new teacher coming to korea.  i saw in a different thread where someone compared the salary to that of a uk? teacher, and the uk teacher would be making less.

you countered with some really great points.  but korea doesn't view the foreign teacher on the same level as a korean teacher.   it would be great if they did but paying a fine arts major the same salary as a korean who went to school to be a teacher is not going to happen.  these jobs that we occupy are usually viewed as temporary.  there are plenty of us who are planning to live here long term that would like to see changes made.  I think a small change they could make in public schools is to remove the cap on salary that a foreign teacher could make. 

as for hagwons, private institutions are paying the minimum salary because that's what the market in korea dictates.  people do keep accepting these jobs but again, i don't see any problems offering that to newbies who come here.  i'll admit, i use my own personal experiences from the states and compare it to my living situation in korea now and that's why i defend the 2.1 starting wage for newbies.   2.1 a month was the most money i had ever made.  i mentioned in the past that i was technically considered poor based off of yearly earnings. 

but periwinkle is right, there are other ways to try to make change.  maybe petition the blue house as well?  i just imagine if the starting salaries were raised to 2.5, it probably won't play out to well for us.   

Offline alexisalex

• Veteran
Yeah 2.5 as a minimum starting salary across the board is insane.  Surely you don't expect 2.5 plus housing??

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
Yeah 2.5 as a minimum starting salary across the board is insane.  Surely you don't expect 2.5 plus housing??

10 years ago 2.1 was the starting wage across the board, with inflation 2.5m is worth less than that.  The point is, no-one should be making 2.1 today.  With the cost of living what it is:
2007 Kimbap 1000 Won, Now 2,500 Won. 
2007 Tweegim 4 piecs for 1,000Won, Now 5 pieces for 2,500 Won
2007 Beer 2,500 won for 500ml, Now 4,000 Won
2007 Taxi starting fare 1,200 Won, Now 2,000 Won or so

Surely, as costs have gone up, so have the wages of Koreans, it is not such a bad thing to ask that all teacher's wages increase by the same percentage points.  I am not saying pay English teachers the same as Koreans, but Kimbap costs the same for everyone!

Online tanis62458

• Super Waygook
i still think 2.1 is fine for a beginner coming to korea.  this will go back to the debate about apartments.  factoring in that cost (we'll go low end and say 400,000 won per month for rent), they are making 2.5.   the reality is that not paying for an apartment makes the 2.1 salary doable.  i know there is a lot of push back from people here about not including the apartment into the salary but i don't agree with that.  then people complain that because the apartment is small or shitty, that it shouldn't count towards the salary either.    also don't agree with this.  the roof over your head needs to be considered on top of the 2.1. 

also keep in mind, i'm not talking about the experienced teachers or foreigners with teaching degrees.  they should be looking for those higher paying jobs is they are available. if they can't find those jobs in korea, then they need to look at other countries.   

like alexisalex said, that would be insane.  teachers would have to find their own places.