March 25, 2019, 08:48:40 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: US Politics Megathread  (Read 8642 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: US Politics Megathread
« Reply #200 on: February 18, 2019, 12:10:18 PM »
"I didn't need to do this."

So where's the emergency?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #201 on: February 18, 2019, 12:45:30 PM »
"I didn't need to do this."

So where's the emergency?

The emergency is that Trump hasn't had enough golfing days this year. The shutdown really set him back.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #202 on: February 19, 2019, 02:17:50 AM »
Trump again lashes out at ‘SNL,’ accuses NBC of ‘collusion’ :laugh:

“Nothing funny about tired Saturday Night Live on Fake News NBC! Question is, how do the Networks get away with these total Republican hit jobs without retribution? Likewise for many other shows? Very unfair and should be looked into. This is the real Collusion!,” the president wrote on Twitter.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/trump-again-lashes-out-at-snl-accuses-nbc-of-collusion-2019-02-17

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #203 on: February 19, 2019, 07:30:27 AM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah...we get it...we're all doomed. It didn't happen in 2017. It didn't happen in 2018. I'm sure you'll get your "Trump is Hitler and the World Will be Destroyed" wish in 2019.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2019, 11:34:29 AM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah...Trump is Hitler .

Oh no. Not again!  :laugh:

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #205 on: February 19, 2019, 08:50:16 PM »

Yeah, yeah, yeah...we get it...we're all doomed. It didn't happen in 2017. It didn't happen in 2018. I'm sure you'll get your "Trump is Hitler and the World Will be Destroyed" wish in 2019.
What didn't happen?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #206 on: February 19, 2019, 10:49:05 PM »

What didn't happen?

All the predictions of doom and gloom and Trump being in prison.

We get it, your hysteria hasn't been proven, so now you have to equate teenagers in MAGA hats to Klansmen and makeup stories about MAGAHatters attacking you on your way back from Subway.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #207 on: February 19, 2019, 11:34:27 PM »

What didn't happen?

We get it, your hysteria hasn't been proven, so now you have to equate teenagers in MAGA hats to Klansmen and makeup stories about MAGAHatters attacking you on your way back from Subway.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #208 on: February 20, 2019, 04:48:32 AM »

What didn't happen?

You're the hysterical one and the one making up stories. Lie after lie after lie.

BTW, your boy trump could still end up in the slammer. The investigations are ongoing.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #209 on: February 28, 2019, 05:26:34 AM »

Quote from: CDW on February 15, 2019, 11:33:59 AM

Senate majority leader Mitch McConnell says he's going to support Trump's decision to declare a national emergency so that the wall can be funded. One way or another the wall really needs to get built.

I'm starting to think Mitch was just playing for time to avoid another shutdown. There is always a chance Trump could change his mind.

OMG
Even Mitch McConnell isn’t sure if Trump’s national emergency is legal
https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/2/26/18241976/mitch-mcconnell-trump-national-emergency
Well the shutdown was avoided so I guess the emergency doesn't matter so much anymore. Maybe Mitch might be sympathetic with those other 13 Republicans who rebuked Trump's cock'n bull story. . 
https://www.rollcall.com/news/congress/republicans-trump-national-emergency

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #210 on: February 28, 2019, 06:36:38 AM »
Michael Cohen really did a number on trump in his testimony before Congress. Sad to see repugs pulling out all the stops to protect trump. Of course jim jordan has a lot of practice turning a blind eye to criminal acts from his days as an assistant wrestling coach.

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #211 on: February 28, 2019, 07:51:58 AM »
the ratings, the ratings!!!

addictive viewing...

"The American people don't care about my taxes. They want to know what I know about Mr. Trump. And I find it interesting that not one question has been asked about Mr. Trump."

yes, republicans, why aren't you asking about Trump?
"Did Mr. Trump ever physically threaten anybody?"
"No."
(pause)
"He had others to do that."
"He would... pay people to physically threaten others?"
"He didn't have to pay them. They already worked there."

i see...

why ask a question to Cohen and the start talking over him as soon as he starts answering?  that may have worked with Christine Blasey Ford, but Cohen was a lawyer, he knows how to get his point across while you're talking crap, deflecting and wasting time.

"I did the same thing that you're doing now for 10 years. I protected Mr. Trump for 10 years...The more people do what I did, follow Mr. Trump blindly, will suffer the consequences I did."

and there we have it.  the republicans are, to me, the most disgraceful political party in the world, and that list includes a lot of other detestable parties. 

the best thing is, and to go back to my first sentence, Trump will be fuming because he's lost the ratings war.  his 'historical' meeting in the east is not getting on the front pages  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #212 on: February 28, 2019, 09:07:08 AM »
the best thing is, and to go back to my first sentence, Trump will be fuming because he's lost the ratings war.  his 'historical' meeting in the east is not getting on the front pages  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
That's because it was like 8AM in Hanoi when Cohen's testimony wrapped up and the major events aren't until tonight, genius.

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #213 on: February 28, 2019, 11:48:42 AM »
That's because it was like 8AM in Hanoi when Cohen's testimony wrapped up and the major events aren't until tonight, genius.

i think I touched a nerve there with MAGA demartian.

trump is going into this summit with no bargaining position with Kim, who knows what a weak position trump is in now, and he'll be taking him to the cleaners, again.  cohen is telling us all, with evidence, what we've known all along and will run much longer than what trump and Kim can and can't eat for dinner.  obviously the truth hurts, genius, sorry about that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2019, 11:50:48 AM by Ronnie Omelettes »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #214 on: February 28, 2019, 12:11:29 PM »
trump is going into this summit with no bargaining position with Kim, who knows what a weak position trump is in now, and he'll be taking him to the cleaners, again.  cohen is telling us all, with evidence, what we've known all along and will run much longer than what trump and Kim can and can't eat for dinner.  obviously the truth hurts, genius, sorry about that.
Actually, Trump's rationale is fundamentally sound. The barrier to peaceful relations with the North and their eventual denuclearization is fundamentally an economic one. If North Korea becomes part of the global economy, ala China, then their nuclear weapons become pointless and they have no incentive to sell them. Get Korea part of the global economy first, denuclearize them later.

Do you have a better idea? Something vague like "listen to the experts", you know the same people who failed? "NOT GIVE IN!!!!" (Whatever that means)? "He must denuclearize first!!!"? Uh....okay. Sure.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #215 on: February 28, 2019, 12:32:57 PM »
Actually, Trump's rationale is fundamentally sound. The barrier to peaceful relations with the North and their eventual denuclearization is fundamentally an economic one. If North Korea becomes part of the global economy, ala China, then their nuclear weapons become pointless and they have no incentive to sell them. Get Korea part of the global economy first, denuclearize them later.

Do you have a better idea? Something vague like "listen to the experts", you know the same people who failed? "NOT GIVE IN!!!!" (Whatever that means)? "He must denuclearize first!!!"? Uh....okay. Sure.

Give in to economic reform but keep their nukes?

So then we have a stronger nuclear North Korea. Win for Trump!

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #216 on: February 28, 2019, 12:38:54 PM »

have you given yourself concussion or something, or have you been taking flakka, but there has been no rhyme and reason to what trump has done in his presidency.  declare a 'national emergency' two years late, and then go and play golf  :rolleyes:  you've got it bad if you think that, and as mayorhaggar's signature says, trump is a liar and a con man.  north Korea will do nothing without the say so of China, both of whom know the jeopardy that trump is in now and they'll just piss him around.  like trump used to mess around May when they met, as he knew she was a lame duck.  given yesterday's testimony from Cohen, plus the upcoming Mueller stuff, Trump will give Kim anything he wants, again, just so he change the news cycle or try and change the subject.  like I said, Cohen's appearance in the media is going to outlast anything trump does with Kim, and I'm sure soon something will be happening with his nearest and dearest dumbass son.

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
« Reply #217 on: February 28, 2019, 02:26:02 PM »
‘All the signs are bad’
We are gathered for Trump’s press conference at his hotel outside the town centre.

All the signs are the bad, particularly the aborted lunch and signing ceremony. Trump usually revels in such ceremonies, which he likes to style as dramatic breakthroughs and it was built into the schedule since yesterday.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/feb/28/trump-kim-summit-leaders-to-meet-for-day-two-of-talks-in-vietnam-live

interesting...

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #218 on: February 28, 2019, 02:35:32 PM »
Give in to economic reform but keep their nukes?

So then we have a stronger nuclear North Korea. Win for Trump!
Would you rather have a North Korea with nukes and not part of the global economy or a North Korea with nukes AND part of the global economy?

Because if North Korea is part of the global economy and is an integral trading partner with China, Japan, the U.S., and South Korea, their incentive for using nuclear weapons pretty much disappears because no one would want to invade them. Exporting them would cause them financial ruin. And the greater prosperity and incoming content that comes with the global economy should start them towards democratization and THEN eventual denuclearization.

Do you have a better plan? More sanctions? Yell at them again to give up their nukes?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #219 on: February 28, 2019, 02:37:32 PM »
north Korea will do nothing without the say so of China,
If North Korea did what China tells it, it wouldn't have nukes and there wouldn't be a mass of Chinese troops on the North Korean border and Kim Jong Nam wouldn't have been whacked.

given yesterday's testimony from Cohen, plus the upcoming Mueller stuff, Trump will give Kim anything he wants, again, just so he change the news cycle or try and change the subject.  like I said, Cohen's appearance in the media is going to outlast anything trump does with Kim
Cohen doesn't have anything. Even liberal outlets like Slate are telling their readers that Cohen is unreliable and some of his claims don't add up.