November 18, 2018, 01:52:16 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Next democratic presidential nominee ?  (Read 380 times)

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
Next democratic presidential nominee ?
« on: November 09, 2018, 05:43:06 AM »
Anyone for O’Rourke ?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Next democratic presidential nominee ?
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 08:09:44 AM »
Oprah?

Get some red states votes back: "You get an AR-15. You get an AR-15. Everyone gets AR-15s".

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 08:25:12 AM »
It's going to be a circus. My bet is on an as yet unknown outsider/celebrity making waves.

The question is how much the SJW-hard left gets involved. If they do to the Dems what Trump's wing did to the GOP, the party might have serious problems.

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 08:30:11 AM »
Sanders 2.0

or

Kamala Harris

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 01:01:55 PM »
It's going to be a circus. My bet is on an as yet unknown outsider/celebrity making waves.

The question is how much the SJW-hard left gets involved. If they do to the Dems what Trump's wing did to the GOP, the party might have serious problems.

I doubt it.
By the end of the Trump presidency I suspect all but the cult followers will be well and truly over the outsider/celebrity model.  Besides, having a house of reps that actually provides oversight for the executive may well result in Trump bowing out of the 2020 race and a return to normality.   
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 01:03:37 PM by Adel »

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 01:22:08 PM »

I doubt it.
By the end of the Trump presidency I suspect all but the cult followers will be well and truly over the outsider/celebrity model.  Besides, having a house of reps that actually provides oversight for the executive may well result in Trump bowing out of the 2020 race and a return to normality.

How disappointing for the Trumpers when they attend future rallies expecting the Donald to rile them up and all they see is Mike Pence standing there.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 01:25:33 PM »
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 01:37:15 PM »
I doubt it.
I do think after Trump bows out that we will see a clamor for return to normalcy. However, if he chooses to run in 2020, I think there's a pretty good chance that the Dems might also go with an outsider or celebrity. Now their outsider might be someone more polished than Trump (say, George Clooney or Tom Hanks or a business figure), it might also be someone who goes viral in the mold of Ocasio-Cortez or perhaps someone who riles up the hardcore Bernie wing.

The same impulses that created Trump will exist in the Dems- A big field means that the person with the largest 'hardcore' base may be able to win while the rest split their vote, the person who speaks most forcefully and aggressively to people's passions may be seen as 'strong', the simmering discontent from the anti-establishment wing of the party may make their voice heard, etc. etc.

Perhaps we can think of who it won't be- I don't think it will be Biden. Too many 'Creepy Joe' photos in the age of MeToo. I think Warren eliminated herself with the DNA test fiasco. I think Booker's Spartacus stuff was akin to the Dean Scream. Avenatti has the energy but is too much of a clown show- beyond even Trump. Bloomberg too corporate. Klobuchar too milquetoast. That leaves Harris, Gillibrand, Beto, and Gillum, as well as celebrities/businesspeople and undoubtedly a few more people may emerge in the next couple of years. And of course, Sanders and Clinton. Clinton is probably a no-go, but the Clinton machine somehow always lurks the halls.

Beto could certainly be strong. Losing by 3 in Texas is no small feat.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2018, 11:39:54 AM »
If Gillum wins the recount and does some good things in Florida he could be a contender. Governors do a lot better than senators in presidential races.

But it's early days. The coming House investigations could make someone a star.

Offline shanebarry1986

• Super Waygook
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2018, 11:55:02 AM »

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2018, 12:02:36 PM »

Online gogators!

• The Legend