December 12, 2018, 02:21:28 PM

Recruiters!

You can post your Jobs freely on this board, but please place them inside the same post to make it fair for everyone.

Author Topic: Public Schools in the Gyeongsangnamdo Region (GOE)  (Read 1561 times)

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
Public Schools in the Gyeongsangnamdo Region (GOE)
« on: November 08, 2018, 12:39:54 PM »
Gyeongsangnamdo (http://www.dowajo.org/) Public Schools Available.

Start dates of 1st March 2019.  All contracts are for 365 days.

This is the south-eastern province which surrounds the 2nd biggest city in Korea – Busan.  This region boast warm temperate environment, beautiful locations and logistical connectivity via the KTX throughout the county.  The main city – Changwon – has a population of 1m people and we also have a lot of county locations with bullet-speed internet!

These positions are with the Provincial Office of Education – the Gyeongsangnamdo Office of Education (GOE)

They come with EPIK employment contracts.  By coming through the POE; you can choose the city or county you like – a benefit that is not available if you apply through EPIK.  Another benefit is that you can have a choice between a public elementary, middle or high school.

Hours are 8:30am-4:30pm Monday to Friday.  A wholly-inclusive working environment where you can lesson plan at the school – you wouldn’t have to take any work home.

This is a provincial region and therefore the salary range is the highest – 2.2m-2.95m per month; depending on your resume, the location you choose and whether or not you have multiple schools.  Also; if you provide a residency certificate from your country; it can be tax free too.

Benefits include :
•   Rent-free single furnished apartment near your school
•   300,000 won one-time settlement allowance
•   Round-trip airfare allowance of 2,600,000 won
•   18 working days paid vacation + national holidays (5 weeks in total)
•   Medical contributions
•   Pension contributions
•   1 month salary bonus on completion of contract
•   Sick paid leave allowance
•   Special leave allowance
•   1 week additional paid vacation (6 weeks in total) if you renew your contract after the first year + increase in pay + renewal bonus 2.0m won
•   Korean co-teacher to assist with your classes

As a Korean Horizons Teacher, you will also receive :
1.   Airport pickup, hotel for 1 evening & transport to the education office / school.
2.   Free Dinner and breakfast together with us + all of the arrival teachers
3.   Introduction pack (including a Travel Adapter, a Travel Card, a Travel Guide, a Lonely Planet Phrasebook & other goodies)
4.   Order anything you like using our interest-free Supermarket credit service from any online Korean store & pay us back once you get paid your salary.

We also act as a support function before you arrive – and during & throughout your entire time here in South Korea. 

If you would like to apply; complete an online application seen here : https://www.koreanhorizons.com/sub03.php or email your resume to JOBS@KoreanHorizons.com and quote GOE public schools.

Offline michaelpthompson25

• Waygookin
Re: Public Schools in the Gyeongsangnamdo Region (GOE)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
This guy is the real deal - pelted him with questions (emails) before/during/after application process (almost 2 years ago), and he was extremely knowledgeable, quick to respond, and super helpful. Highly recommend Alistair!

Online metzy244

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 10:03:46 AM »
I emailed them... Never got a response(good teacher, been in Korea for 3 years) .
I called the # listed, random Korean man answered who had no idea what I was talking about.

Offline Sasstiel

• Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2018, 10:15:39 AM »
Are there any jobs with April/May start dates?
I'm funnier in Enochian.

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2018, 10:33:38 AM »

I can't say if or why I didn't respond - but if you called - must have been the wrong number you called.  It's just me here + I'm from the UK.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 10:35:33 AM by Alistair »

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2018, 10:34:29 AM »
Are there any jobs with April/May start dates?

Yes - the GOE program recruits teachers for the 1st of each month, except August, January and February.

Offline Sasstiel

• Adventurer
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2018, 11:36:15 AM »
If my goal is a May start date, when should I apply?
I'm funnier in Enochian.

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2018, 11:58:34 AM »
If my goal is a May start date, when should I apply?

Could you email me January / February?

Online Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2018, 12:24:25 PM »
I emailed them... Never got a response(good teacher, been in Korea for 3 years) .
I called the # listed, random Korean man answered who had no idea what I was talking about.

Try Canadian Connections.  Highly responsive and recruits experienced teachers AS WELL AS newcomers.

Online kiwikimchi

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2018, 02:54:15 PM »

Maybe the fact that you're a good, experienced teacher is why they didn't reply.
Hiring a newbie for 2.2 a month is cheaper for the POE and the recruitment company gets their commission.

Online metzy244

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2018, 12:10:50 PM »

Try Canadian Connections.  Highly responsive and recruits experienced teachers AS WELL AS newcomers.

Thank you, they were very responsive and helpful. So far Canadian Connections have been much better than Korvia or the others.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2018, 02:33:59 PM »
This guy is the real deal - pelted him with questions (emails) before/during/after application process (almost 2 years ago), and he was extremely knowledgeable, quick to respond, and super helpful. Highly recommend Alistair!

The real sign of a good recruiter, is if they answer your questions  AFTER they have placed you  (and have received their money).  The guy who placed me was awesome, until he was paid, then when i asked a question, i heard nothing from him again.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 08:59:32 AM by sligo »

Online Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2018, 11:18:45 PM »

Thank you, they were very responsive and helpful. So far Canadian Connections have been much better than Korvia or the others.

My pleasure :)

Online rowdes

• Veteran
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2018, 09:21:55 AM »
Hi Allistair,

Just have 2 quick questions to ask:

1. Are we able to request for a specific area in Gyeonggi (e.g Bucheon)
2. What are the summer/winter camps like? Is it similar to the smoe program (2-5weeks)

Thank you

Offline Alistair

• Adventurer
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
Hi Allistair,

Just have 2 quick questions to ask:

1. Are we able to request for a specific area in Gyeonggi (e.g Bucheon)
2. What are the summer/winter camps like? Is it similar to the smoe program (2-5weeks)

Thank you

This thread is for the Gyeongsangnamdo region which is at the southern end of South Korea, and surrounds the city of Busan.  You can have a preference of 2 cities and 2 counties within the province and when you have your interview, the education officer really wants to know your preference and tries his best to provide them.

With :
1. I'm also an official recruitment agent for the EPIK program, and Gyeonggi is part of the scope of their recruitment.  However, you can't choose a location within that province.  I'll be able to find out if you have been placed in the Gyeonggi region - but you wouldn't know the city or county name until you arrive for the orientation.
2. It's 2 weeks in the summer and 2 weeks in the winter.

Let me know if you or anyone else has any questions.