December 12, 2018, 02:12:07 PM

Author Topic: White Terror  (Read 5304 times)

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
Re: White Terror
« Reply #200 on: December 06, 2018, 09:20:45 AM »
What's the point trying to be made here?

As an Australian I will be the first to say back in the day there was some amazingly racist actions taken by the government, like "2 wongs don't make a white" is my personal favourite...but that was back then. Today, sure there are still some racist people around but every country has people who are racist, doesn't make the ENTIRE country racist.

People are trying to give us a history lesson like we don't know?! Like whats your point? Do you want us to be like 'oh you're right we are scum, send us convicts to a new island'??!

item 7

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #201 on: December 06, 2018, 11:39:44 AM »
No real point, but if you're going to take a dump on America and call us worse racists than anyone else, I'll fire back.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #202 on: December 06, 2018, 12:43:36 PM »

As an Australian I will be the first to say back in the day there was some amazingly racist actions taken by the government, like "2 wongs don't make a white" is my personal favourite...but that was back then. Today, sure there are still some racist people around but every country has people who are racist, doesn't make the ENTIRE country racist.

People are trying to give us a history lesson like we don't know?! Like whats your point? Do you want us to be like 'oh you're right we are scum, send us convicts to a new island'??!

Because you people act like the US is the epitome of racism then get upset when it's pointed out that you also have problems with racism. All merely because I mentioned that your country wouldn't let in a fascist Canadian. Blame Canada!

Also:

https://www.lifehacker.com.au/2018/06/five-racist-and-homophobic-aussie-snacks-that-did-deserve-to-die/
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:51:59 PM by MayorHaggar »

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #203 on: December 06, 2018, 12:54:24 PM »

item 7

Well you Trumpist/Brexit types are certainly doing a good job of making fascism and white supremacy current and relevant again instead of relics of the past. Good job!

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #204 on: December 06, 2018, 12:56:00 PM »
Yes, it was a slang term for cigarettes back in the day, but it's also a homophobic slur.

No, it was a slang term for cigarettes back in the day but it wasn't a homophobic slur in the UK and Aus until later, due to US influence, when I guess they decided to get rid of the name. Regressives disregarding linear time again.

By the way, it's still a slang term for cigarettes
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 12:58:26 PM by eggieguffer »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #205 on: December 06, 2018, 01:00:20 PM »

item 7

Well you Trumpist/Brexit types are certainly doing a good job of making fascism and white supremacy current and relevant again instead of relics of the past. Good job!

I think you'll find it's mostly people on the left desperately trying to make out fascism and white supremacy are still a thing but failing miserably.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #206 on: December 06, 2018, 01:12:20 PM »

I think you'll find it's mostly people on the left desperately trying to make out fascism and white supremacy are still a thing but failing miserably.

are you saying that fascism and white supremacy are no longer around?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #207 on: December 06, 2018, 01:21:52 PM »

No, genuine fascists and genuine white supremacists are still around, like those in American history X or the klu Klux clan. Maybe even Richard Spencer, I haven't heard is views, but they aren't a 'thing' in the sense that they're not mainstream.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #208 on: December 06, 2018, 02:03:59 PM »

No, genuine fascists and genuine white supremacists are still around, like those in American history X or the klu Klux clan. Maybe even Richard Spencer, I haven't heard is views, but they aren't a 'thing' in the sense that they're not mainstream.

were klan style white supremacists ever "mainstream"?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #209 on: December 06, 2018, 02:13:29 PM »

No, but it's gone down from about 40,000 members to 5-8,000

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #210 on: December 06, 2018, 02:17:25 PM »

No, but it's gone down from about 40,000 members to 5-8,000

so maybe your original statement should've been:

"I think you'll find it's mostly people on the left desperately trying to make out fascism and white supremacy are still as much of a thing as they used to be."

Contrary to your original statement, these things are still around "a thing."

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #211 on: December 06, 2018, 02:27:51 PM »
"I think you'll find it's mostly people on the left desperately trying to make out fascism and white supremacy are still as much of a thing as they used to be."

No, I just mentioned the Klan has shrunk to 5-8,000 members so white supremacist minority groups are not as much of a thing as they used to be.

However that wasn't really what I was talking about. It was more calling people white supremacists and fascists when they're not.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #212 on: December 06, 2018, 02:34:25 PM »

No, I just mentioned the Klan has shrunk to 5-8,000 members so white supremacist minority groups are not as much of a thing as they used to be.

However that wasn't really what I was talking about. It was more calling people white supremacists and fascists when they're not.

That's not what you said though. And yeah I agree they're not as much of a thing. That's not a reason not to be vigilant.

Offline Rusty Brown

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2018, 11:41:27 PM »

What on earth does Brexit have to do with white supremacy, let alone fascism?

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #214 on: December 07, 2018, 03:19:09 AM »
tribalism / nationalism / isolationism

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #215 on: December 07, 2018, 03:39:28 AM »

I'm surprised he didn't include Australians in his basket of deplorable promoting white supremacy! ;D
After all that country didn't allow it's indigenous people to vote until the 1960s you know.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #216 on: December 07, 2018, 09:25:12 AM »
For some, sure.

Others might be in more of the Dan Hannan vein where they think Brexit lets the UK avoid red tape and would let them act more swiftly and independently to make deals with emerging markets and focus more over the horizons than on Europe and being able to focus on labor from around the world rather than immigration through the EU. And the big point being that the UK should have final say on that.

I think that's a pretty reasonable debate. The EU provides clout behind any deal, but it's going to be slower and creakier. It's certainly a debate that liberals and conservatives should be able to have amongst themselves and within their parties without rancor.

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #217 on: December 07, 2018, 12:14:45 PM »

Ask eggieguffer the Daily Mail fanboy always crying about leftist conspiracies to take away his lager and white van. Engerlannnnnnd!

Offline Rusty Brown

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #218 on: December 07, 2018, 08:23:30 PM »

That's a dishonest / ignorant caricature of Brexit if ever heard one.

Offline Rusty Brown

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #219 on: December 07, 2018, 08:27:07 PM »

Ask eggieguffer the Daily Mail fanboy always crying about leftist conspiracies to take away his lager and white van. Engerlannnnnnd!

Cos only working class white Englishmen drink lager and drive white vans.