November 19, 2018, 08:18:50 PM

Author Topic: White Terror  (Read 1550 times)

Offline Stephensalz

• Veteran
Re: White Terror
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2018, 07:56:09 AM »
And there's not necessarily anything wrong with that. If you're a big multinational firm, diversity might be far more important to your company for actual tangible reasons compared to say, some bookstore in Nowhere, South Dakota

You mean tangible reasons like getting the government and pressure groups off their backs?

The BBC loves to pat itself on the back over its diversity hiring policy

https://www.bbc.co.uk/diversity/strategy/eir-2016

But I'd have thought a target of 14% non whites is pretty easy to achieve if you're only letting non-whites apply.

A BBC head of comedy admitted Monty Python would not be commissioned in this day and age, due to racism and classism.

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/21/bbc-boss-admits-monty-python-wouldnt-stand-chance-getting-airtime-broadcaster-day-age-7648284/

And they insist on 50% women comedians on every panel show even though there are far fewer female comedians on the circuit (I assume that must be down to misogynism, rather fewer women wanting to become comedians)

In the future there'll be more people like this guy trying to beat the system and good luck to them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/anthony-ekundayo-lennon-black-white-theatre-director-job-people-of-colour-actor-artist-tawala-a8617011.html

When I was a kid the BBC was famed the world over for its political impartiality. How times have changed.

Yes, how terribly politically motivated is it for a company to want to have groups of their workers roughly equal to the demographics of their society.  The terrible terrible people there.  ugh.

Also, I would like to point out that another white male, almost assuredly right-wing, (nobody knows yet, but Trump likes to make grand proclamations before all evidence has been presented) killed 13 people last night in California. Because although you four all have tried to change the argument, the original premise of this thread was that it was a lie, and downright terrible that Don Lemon would say white right wing males are the biggest threat in the USA.   

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #41 on: November 09, 2018, 07:58:35 AM »

Also, I would like to point out that another white male, almost assuredly right-wing, (nobody knows yet, but Trump likes to make grand proclamations before all evidence has been presented) killed 13 people last night in California. Because although you four all have tried to change the argument, the original premise of this thread was that it was a lie, and downright terrible that Don Lemon would say white right wing males are the biggest threat in the USA.

Not just a lie...a white lie

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #42 on: November 09, 2018, 07:58:56 AM »
Right on cue after 2 weeks of high profile attacks by white (yes, white) male terrorists.

But hey, black on black crime...something something 'religion of peace', something something white genocide...why won't they stop oppressing white people, especially defenceless white men! At least Asia still loves white people, and Asian culture is muh superior to all others...except European culture.

The REAL terrorists are those pesky 'black identity extremists' and 'Latino invaders' and those guts with funny beards and turbans.

Did I miss anything?

Waygo0k, some terrorists are white, some terrorists are non white and some people commit crimes without actually being terrorists. Dividing terrorists by race is generally not helpful as it doesn't address the ideology they held that made them into terrorists in the first place. Even Cenk from the Young Turks admitted he doesn't think some people are terrorists just because they are white.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:02:48 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #43 on: November 09, 2018, 08:00:12 AM »
Perhaps you could tell that to your right wing buddies over at Fox News, Breitbart, the White House, EDL, Britain first and any other gathering of mouth-breathing morons.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #44 on: November 09, 2018, 08:05:10 AM »
Yes, how terribly politically motivated is it for a company to want to have groups of their workers roughly equal to the demographics of their society.  The terrible terrible people there.  ugh.

Nothing wrong with wanting it, it's how you go about it that can be suspect. I actually think that sacking someone because of their skin colour is pretty horrible.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3817609/BBC-sacked-white-man-Radio-4-comic-told-need-women-minorities.html
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:31:35 AM by eggieguffer »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2018, 08:12:36 AM »
Perhaps you could tell that to your right wing buddies over at Fox News, Breitbart, the White House, EDL, Britain first and any other gathering of mouth-breathing morons.

Going backwards and forwards on this, your side did this, your side said that etc..is very unproductive.

Why not say what you think about what Don lemon said, then if you want to attack what someone on Breitbart said, start another thread on it. In which people won't be able to cite Don Lemon as a defence
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 08:27:12 AM by eggieguffer »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #46 on: November 09, 2018, 08:29:12 AM »
Statistics have shown that Asians are overrepresented in mass shootings, and Latinos underrepresented. Whites and blacks are in proportion to their share of the population.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #47 on: November 09, 2018, 08:46:37 AM »
The argument, the original premise of this thread was that it was a lie, and downright terrible that Don Lemon would say white right wing males are the biggest threat in the USA.

No it wasn't. I started the thread and I never claimed what Lemon said was a lie. Nobody else has on here either as far as I know
« Last Edit: November 09, 2018, 09:48:30 AM by eggieguffer »

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #48 on: November 09, 2018, 09:55:36 AM »

Going backwards and forwards on this, your side did this, your side said that etc..is very unproductive.

Why not say what you think about what Don lemon said, then if you want to attack what someone on Breitbart said, start another thread on it. In which people won't be able to cite Don Lemon as a defence

Please don't.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #49 on: November 09, 2018, 10:06:38 AM »

Please don't.

You've read and contributed to this thread quite a lot of times, for one you didn't want to see started in the first place.  :wink:

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #50 on: November 09, 2018, 10:15:12 AM »

Please don't.

You've read and contributed to this thread quite a lot of times, for one you didn't want to see started in the first place.  :wink:

Don't get me wrong, I like the banter. I just don't think we need new threads when (realistically) we're gonna argue about the same shit despite the "purpose" of the thread.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #51 on: November 09, 2018, 10:22:32 AM »

Please don't.

Don't get me wrong, I like the banter. I just don't think we need new threads when (realistically) we're gonna argue about the same shit despite the "purpose" of the thread.

People can discuss the specific issue or not, personally it doesn't bother me one way or another. I've clicked on topics I thought looked interesting to find they'd generated into a discussion about which superhero was better or whatever, but it didn't ruin my day.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #52 on: November 09, 2018, 10:42:10 AM »

Please don't.

People can discuss the specific issue or not, personally it doesn't bother me one way or another. I've clicked on topics I thought looked interesting to find they'd generated into a discussion about which superhero was better or whatever, but it didn't ruin my day.

Right... but you're the one who told him to start another thread to discuss a different issue. I said "no, don't" --> just do it here (instead of needlessly creating a separate thread for a very similar discussion).

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2018, 11:11:30 AM »

Please don't.

Right... but you're the one who told him to start another thread to discuss a different issue. I said "no, don't" --> just do it here (instead of needlessly creating a separate thread for a very similar discussion).

True, I was trying to get him not to respond to an issue he thought was an attack on his 'side' by just mentioning something he thought the other side had done wrong.  Too many discussions turn into that kind of exchange and it's particularly not productive or interesting. (IMO)

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2018, 11:30:28 AM »

True, I was trying to get him not to respond to an issue he thought was an attack on his 'side' by just mentioning something he thought the other side had done wrong.  Too many discussions turn into that kind of exchange and it's particularly not productive or interesting. (IMO)

fair. and we've now derailed the shit out of this thread, my dude.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2018, 12:44:13 PM »

Actually it is very productive. What Don Lemon said is factually correct.

Back in the days when IRA were bombing the daylights out of the UK and Ireland (up till the early 90s), the race of said terrorists were not a problem because they were culturally and physically homogeneous with the majority of the population for the most part. One would have thought it was bleeding obvious.

In today's charged atmosphere of dog whistles and megaphone racism/xenophobia from those in power and people affiliated with them...it is ever more important to remind people where the true danger lies when it comes to public safety and terrorism in western countries.

When a guy called Habib, LaQuan or Jesus  does something atrocious, it galvanises those in power and their supporters to further their hatred and discrimination against people who just so happen to share racial/cultural traits with the perp(s) with the aforementioned names.

When your typical John Smith does the same thing (or worse), all we hear are crickets and the odd mumbling of 'thoughts and prayers' from the very same people who would've cried for blood if John Smith had been a few shades darker, spoke a different language and/or worshipped a different deity.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2018, 12:49:16 PM »
Back in the days when IRA were bombing the daylights out of the UK and Ireland (up till the early 90s), the race of said terrorists were not a problem because they were culturally and physically homogeneous with the majority of the population for the most part.

You mean like 'white' terrorists are in the US today?

Online Orkblut

• Veteran
« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2018, 12:55:56 PM »
Liberals are so self-loathing (because that is exactly what they are, hating your own race is just that) that when a member of their race kills a bunch of people, they don't give two hoots about the people who were killed, but instead rage over whether or not a member of their own race who is in power called it a terrorist attack or not.

And getting mad at someone praying for someone else is fine, as long as those people are white Christians, if it's a certain other religion that's the same/worse than Christianity, they'll bend over backwards to defend it.

Guess common sense and logic get thrown out the window when you despise yourself and your race so much. It's almost pitiful.

Offline waygo0k

• The Legend
« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2018, 01:18:10 PM »
Back in the days when IRA were bombing the daylights out of the UK and Ireland (up till the early 90s), the race of said terrorists were not a problem because they were culturally and physically homogeneous with the majority of the population for the most part.

You mean like 'white' terrorists are in the US today?

Again, plainly ignoring the context of the times and era.

White terrorists and right wing terror groups are the biggest threat to the US and have been for a number of years. Go and ask the nutcase in the white house whether he agrees with that statement...or better still, ask his favourite commentators on Fox News whether they agree with the statement.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #59 on: November 09, 2018, 01:19:30 PM »
Liberals are so self-loathing ...

Conservatives are so [negative adjective] that [meaningless rant] [mention some current events] [Islam is worse than Christianity] [something about #logic or #rationality] [finish off with something almost condescending].

I think I've figured out the formula.