January 23, 2019, 07:02:01 PM

Author Topic: 2018 Midterm Elections Live Thread, With Poll (Non-Americans Welcome!)  (Read 2781 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: 2018 Midterm Elections Live Thread, With Poll (Non-Americans Welcome!)
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2018, 10:45:55 AM »
How does that make any sense at all? 

Kavanaugh is on the court and the discussion has ended.  The caravan is still there, making its way to the US border, intent on "invading".  If that was a newsstory last Monday, it is surely a more urgent newsstory a week later, and a week closer.
I notice that Juanita Brodderick is still going at it after all of these years. Same with the other Clinton accusers.

The Kavanagh accusers have either packed up shop or been hit with false accusation charges.

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: 2018 Midterm Elections Live Thread, With Poll (Non-Americans Welcome!)
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2018, 05:07:57 PM »
How does that make any sense at all? 

Kavanaugh is on the court and the discussion has ended.  The caravan is still there, making its way to the US border, intent on "invading".  If that was a newsstory last Monday, it is surely a more urgent newsstory a week later, and a week closer.
I notice that Juanita Brodderick is still going at it after all of these years. Same with the other Clinton accusers.

The Kavanagh accusers have either packed up shop or been hit with false accusation charges.

What on earth are you talking about?!?

Trump tweeted multiple times daily about the "caravan" in the days leading up to the election, and has only mentioned it once since then (in response to a question at the press conference--the reporter had his credentials removed afterwards).

Did, as I asked earlier, the caravan somehow disappear?  Or was all this coverage simply scaremongering to try to get out the GOP vote?