February 16, 2019, 03:55:07 PM

Author Topic: Old Elementary Textbook English Songs  (Read 369 times)

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Old Elementary Textbook English Songs
« on: October 26, 2018, 02:23:49 PM »
Any old-timers out there remember the old English songs from the standard 4th, 5th, and 6th grade English textbooks (Jinho, Nami, Peter, Kevin, Joon)?

I was at work and she noticed I had some of the old songs on my vid player (I use them for tutoring) and she and another girl in the office started singing them. "January February March" and "Where are you from?". How long have they been around? One of my coworkers who knew them is in her 30s, so I was surprised she knew them.

It may just be nostalgia, but I feel like they're better than what gets passed around today. They were rather catchy and had a certain innocence and charm about them.

and

Other fun ones were "Does Your Mother Work?" "York Street" (Set to Puff the Magic Dragon) and "I'm Stronger than You" (Set to Ghostbusters).

Offline taeyang

• Moderator - LVL 4
  • Waygook Lord
Re: Old Elementary Textbook English Songs
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 09:23:15 PM »
i love the fancy kid from london, haha.

i remember some of these songs, but not all. my co-teachers liked to teach the songs on the days where i wasn't with them because it was an easier lesson for them.

what about all of the custom dance videos that a male did teacher did for the grade 3 and 4 songs? i think they were for the cheonjae textbooks. those dances were intense!
use google to search the site

site:waygook.org XXXX

replace 'XXXX' with your search term