January 22, 2019, 01:55:05 PM

Author Topic: Things that make you irrationally angry  (Read 8879 times)

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Things that make you irrationally angry
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2018, 05:18:58 AM »
I think some students think I'm irrationally angry when I get upset and demand immediate end to:

1. Wearing a hat when entering a classroom;
2. Sitting at the back when they know my rule is: sit at the front;
3. Speaking Korean in English class.
when students find it acceptable to yell "TEACHHHHHERRRRR" instead of simply raising their hand. i mean, ****** hell, i assume korean teachers let them do it in their classes, and how it doesn't drive them absolutely insane is beyond me

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2018, 07:42:19 AM »
I think some students think I'm irrationally angry when I get upset and demand immediate end to:

1. Wearing a hat when entering a classroom;
2. Sitting at the back when they know my rule is: sit at the front;
3. Speaking Korean in English class.

I have one student whom I've NEVER seen without this one specific hat on. I'd feel bad at this point asking her to remove it. I've been teaching her over a year now.

And agreed, some of my smaller classes will try to sit at the back and leave 3 rows open up front. They could at least hide their disdain for learning English :rolleyes:
The World Ends With You

sligo

« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2018, 08:01:37 AM »
People who don't respect the

"Exit before entry" rule

Elevators, buildings, T-junctions.  Seriously, it isn't difficult!

Smoking as close to a doorway as possible whilst being (technically) outside means that everyone who enters or exits the building has to breathe your smoke.  Spitting while smoking means that whilst beathing your smoke, they have to walk through your spit.

Arseholes who drive though green man crossings when you are on them, then pretend the don't see you by staring ahead.  Who only looks forward when they drive?

hazard lights to say: "something stupid is about to happen" 

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2018, 08:06:09 AM »

when students find it acceptable to yell "TEACHHHHHERRRRR" instead of simply raising their hand. i mean, ****** hell, i assume korean teachers let them do it in their classes, and how it doesn't drive them absolutely insane is beyond me

Yup. Repeatedly screaming, literally screaming, at you for attention when you are 2 feet in front of them and helping another student drives me up the wall..and it happens every single day, every single class, lol.

Also, a few students singing, laughing, turning around in their seats and doing it repeatedly after you called them out on it. Having no consequences for most things makes me crazy.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2018, 08:43:49 AM »
 :afro: How long you in Korea?

:police: Five and a half years.

general banter for three minutes

:afro: do you know ddeokbooki

>:( *In my head* What are the sheer odds that I've never heard of this???? The fak??????

>:( *What I want to say* Completely overrated

:police: Yes.

Can you imagine?????

How long you been in the US? "Oh, 5 years." Wow, do you know about the golden gate bridge????
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2018, 08:52:06 AM »

>:( *In my head* What are the sheer odds that I've never heard of this???? The fak??????

Can you imagine?????

How long you been in the US? "Oh, 5 years." Wow, do you know about the golden gate bridge????

Only a year here and it already pisses me off. Can't imagine how it feels as 5+ vet  :huh:
The World Ends With You

sligo

« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2018, 08:52:45 AM »

Can you imagine?????

Can you use a knife and fork?

Online TheEnergizer

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »

Yup. Repeatedly screaming, literally screaming, at you for attention when you are 2 feet in front of them and helping another student drives me up the wall..and it happens every single day, every single class, lol.

Also, a few students singing, laughing, turning around in their seats and doing it repeatedly after you called them out on it. Having no consequences for most things makes me crazy.

I have a rule to raise your hand and wait that we've went over many times and they still do it. I started just ignoring them and when they get quiet and raise their hand, then I pay attention to them. They seem to be catching on.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2018, 09:01:22 AM »

Can you imagine?????

Can you use a knife and fork?

"Hello!

"Your English is very good."

Online madison79

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2018, 10:47:47 PM »
Coworkers talking shit about you in Korea like you can't understand them.  Thanks. 
It's -ev to deal with some people.

Offline Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #50 on: October 27, 2018, 01:12:02 AM »
People yell-talking in the hallway of my apartment at 3am.

Catch my drift?

Online Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #51 on: October 27, 2018, 01:29:50 AM »
CNN
Aka blathering
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 01:32:28 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2018, 10:50:08 AM »
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/apu-from-the-simpsons-being-written-out-after-claims-of-racial-stereotyping-a3973431.html

This sort of thing winds me right up.  Is there a more beloved character than Apu?  So sad.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2018, 10:58:36 AM »
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/world/apu-from-the-simpsons-being-written-out-after-claims-of-racial-stereotyping-a3973431.html

This sort of thing winds me right up.  Is there a more beloved character than Apu?  So sad.

Like the Mexican cultural appropriation this is a form of racism. Thinking Indians can't deal with someone immitating their accent as well as white people, like Scotsmen for example

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2018, 11:26:49 AM »

Like the Mexican cultural appropriation this is a form of racism. Thinking Indians can't deal with someone immitating their accent as well as white people, like Scotsmen for example
Alternative rant: Now there isn't diversity!

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2018, 04:56:47 PM »

aren't all simpsons characters stereotypes, though?

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2018, 05:00:41 PM »

aren't all simpsons characters stereotypes, though?

Aren't all comedy characters?

Offline KoreaBoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2018, 06:48:58 PM »
CNN
Aka blathering

+1.

CNN has become just awful. 

They are more an editorial opinion site than factual news. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2018, 07:30:46 PM »
Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Apu is being written off of The Simpsons due to racial stereotyping?????

Holy hell, remember when they went to Canada? And they played with Canadian stereotypes? Guess who was upset? NO ONE

But those overly sensitive, ***** Indians, I guess they're all upset. They're so bloody weak, you tell an Indian that you don't like their shirt and they crumple on the ground and cry like a little ****.

Wait............ Do I sound like an azzhole? I do, do I? Well, if you're for Apu getting written off, that's how I see YOUR thought process.

Why not write off Groundskeeper Willy? He's a walking stereotype. Professor Frink, he relies on the scientist/Nerd stereotype. Comic Book Guy?

Apu is brown though. And if you're brown, you must be so bloody weak minded that you can't handle a character like Apu.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2018, 07:32:07 PM »
Hold onnnnnnnnnnnnnn, Apu is being written off of The Simpsons due to racial stereotyping?????

Holy hell, remember when they went to Canada? And they played with Canadian stereotypes? Guess who was upset? NO ONE

But those overly sensitive, ***** Indians, I guess they're all upset. They're so bloody weak, you tell an Indian that you don't like their shirt and they crumple on the ground and cry like a little ****.

Wait............ Do I sound like an azzhole? I do, do I? Well, if you're for Apu getting written off, that's how I see YOUR thought process.

Why not write off Groundskeeper Willy? He's a walking stereotype. Professor Frink, he relies on the scientist/Nerd stereotype. Comic Book Guy?

Apu is brown though. And if you're brown, you must be so bloody weak minded that you can't handle a character like Apu.

I don't think it's the Indians who are upset.