March 25, 2019, 01:09:51 AM

Author Topic: Things that make you irrationally angry  (Read 9766 times)

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: Things that make you irrationally angry
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2018, 12:42:38 PM »
When you have Earphones in and either you or someone else accidentally yanks them out. Makes me want to rage quit life

Offline What?What?

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2018, 12:50:20 PM »

People trying to talk to me when I am clearly having a conversation on my phone.
People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.
-A.A. Milne

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2018, 01:35:31 PM »
- People littering: "우리 나라 my @$$!!!!"
- People driving like total bellends (especially those that never bother to signal).
- People who insist on hacking up loogies at 100,000,000 decibels.
- People who have several thousand posts on waygook but can't figure out basic post formatting (cough C02 cough cough).
- People who forget to switch the tap from shower mode back to sink mode in the master bedroom's washroom.
- Anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, anti-intellectuals, chem-trailers, global warming deniers, eugenicists, and generally anybody who believes in genuinely stupid, easily-to-disprove conspiracy theories.
- People who identify with political parties rather than platforms. Politics isn't a team sport, damnit!
- People who get over excited about team sports.
- Team sports.
- People.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2018, 01:57:59 PM »
- People who forget to switch the tap from shower mode back to sink mode in the master bedroom's washroom.
Look at you!  Master bedroom!!   ;D  'Oh those bothersome butlers leaving their blasted serviettes in my cravat basket'
When I lived in my old room by myself, I would obviously scold myself for letting this happen.  'Once bitten, twice wet'
Yeah, likewise. So much better when you can blame other people!

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2018, 01:58:59 PM »
Lateness.

Can't stand it.  What's even worse is when you've set a time to meet someone, then they message you to say they're running late (bit annoying but ok) so they set a new time, then they're still late to the new time they set!!!

Meanwhile I'm waiting around like an idiot because I always arrive ten minutes early so I don't risk being late  :rolleyes:

Offline tanis62458

• Super Waygook
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2018, 02:12:48 PM »
Actually, after finding out about misophonia, it would certainly explain my dislike for people constantly sniffing.  That admin lady who worked in my teachers' room in the first semester sniffed, almost once a minute for 6 months.  I couldn't sit in the teachers' room as it just annoyed me.  But just mild annoyance.  :laugh:

Misophonia:

Misophonia is a condition in which a person is overly sensitive to sounds. Usually the trigger sounds are noises made by other people, such as chewing or tapping a pen. People who suffer from misophonia become disturbed or aggravated when they hear the sounds. Some misophonics avoid the irritating sounds by physically leaving the room, while others may display angry outbursts.

A number of sounds can elicit the agitation characteristic of misophonia. Chewing noises are probably the most common trigger, but other sounds such as slurping, crunching, mouth noises, tongue clicking, sniffling, tapping, joint cracking, nail clipping, and the infamous nails on the chalkboard are all auditory stimuli that incite misophonia.

Most of the sounds that trigger misophonia are produced by the human body, but some misophonics become annoyed by the sounds of inanimate objects, such as clicking of a remote control or the whirring of a motor, although the degree of irritation is not usually as severe. Interestingly, people who suffer from misophonia do not experience irritation when they produce the same exact noises themselves.

http://www.neurologytimes.com/blog/misophonia-triggers-management

that lip smacking sound when people eat...rage

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2018, 02:16:04 PM »
When parents commit murder-suicide and take their children with them.

That seriously ruins my day. I go around brooding for hours. It REALLY upsets me beyond all bounds of reason. So, I was ELATED (it seriously made my day) when there was that news report earlier this year about a parent who tried it by making the kid jump off the bridge too and the parent died but the child survived.

Oh, and when I knock over my drink. I tell myself to be careful and seconds later knock it over and get extremely frustrated. Not as angry as when I lose an hour or two of work on the computer, but a more lingering, lasting kind of grrrrrrrr.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:22:46 PM by VanIslander »

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2018, 02:20:27 PM »
My K-Parents-in-Law dropping by to our apartment on a weekday just because they are close by or will be close by. They never ask if it is convenient to visit and then when they come by, they end up staying for hours. We always need to order the food that they wish to eat.

My wife never has the guts to tell them "No!".

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2018, 02:23:50 PM »
- People driving like total bellends (especially those that never bother to signal).
- People who have several thousand posts on waygook but can't figure out basic post formatting (cough C02 cough cough).
- People who forget what did you say to switch the tap from shower mode back to sink mode in the master bedroom's washroom.
- Anti-vaxxers, flat-earthers, anti-intellectuals, chem-trailers, global warming deniers, eugenicists, and generally anybody who believes in genuinely stupid, easily-to-disprove conspiracy theories.
- People who identify with political parties rather thabout me you litan platforms. Politics isn't a team sport, damnit!
- Team sportle $h!t?????ts.
- People.
Say it to
my face, huh!?!?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:28:37 PM by kyndo »
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2018, 02:28:57 PM »
- People who forget what did you say to switch the tap from shower mode back to sink mode in the master bedroom's washroom.
- People who identify with political parties rather thabout me you litan platforms. Politics isn't a team sport, damnit!
- Team sportle $h!t?????ts.
- People.
Say it to
my face, huh!?!?
:angel:
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 02:53:53 PM by kyndo »

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2018, 02:49:45 PM »
..... drinking the rest of the milk but leaving about a tablespoon's worth of it in the carton so that you can stick it back into the fridge and not have to throw it away yourself....

If I see a carton of milk, I start making a cup of tea, get said carton from fridge to make tea and it does not have enough milk in it, the relationship is over.  We are not meant to be together.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2018, 03:02:02 PM »
My K-Parents-in-Law dropping by to our apartment on a weekday just because they are close by or will be close by. They never ask if it is convenient to visit and then when they come by, they end up staying for hours. We always need to order the food that they wish to eat.

My wife never has the guts to tell them "No!".
aha. luckily my wife tells them no. originally my MIL wanted our door code so she could invite herself in whenever. i'm sure her intentions were good (cleaning, laundry, etc) but, yeah, glad that got nipped in the bud. i think i'm lucky and have considerate in-law, but... i feel your pain

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2018, 09:30:50 PM »

Part of this could be poverty.

Do your parents-in-law work? They might be just scraping by.
Catch my drift?

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2018, 09:38:50 PM »
Lateness.

Can't stand it.  What's even worse is when you've set a time to meet someone, then they message you to say they're running late (bit annoying but ok) so they set a new time, then they're still late to the new time they set!!!

Meanwhile I'm waiting around like an idiot because I always arrive ten minutes early so I don't risk being late  :rolleyes:

I have a private student (woman) who arrives at least 10 minutes late for every hour long lesson and insists on apologising every time. She doesn't seem to get what the set up is.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2018, 09:47:31 PM »

Part of this could be poverty.

Do your parents-in-law work? They might be just scraping by.

They work! FIL recently bought a new Chevy Bolt.

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2018, 09:49:30 PM »
Lateness.

I have a private student (woman) who arrives at least 10 minutes late for every hour long lesson and insists on apologising every time. She doesn't seem to get what the set up is.

I used to know somebody like that... we used to say that it was "[His Name] Standard Time".
The worst part was that he set his watch 15 minutes fast so that he would be on time... it didn't work.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2018, 09:53:58 PM »
Lateness.

I used to know somebody like that... we used to say that it was "[His Name] Standard Time".
The worst part was that he set his watch 15 minutes fast so that he would be on time... it didn't work.

I should tell her. If you arrive 5 minutes early you should apologize and ask if you can start speaking to me. But that' d probably ruin the dynamic.

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2018, 09:57:39 PM »
I think some students think I'm irrationally angry when I get upset and demand immediate end to:

1. Wearing a hat when entering a classroom;
2. Sitting at the back when they know my rule is: sit at the front;
3. Speaking Korean in English class.

Offline mjc8500

• Waygookin
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2018, 11:50:35 PM »
People who stand still or walk slowly and weave left and right when they do in areas where others are trying to move quickly.  >:( >:(

Whether its on public stairs going into a subway station or on an escalator or after getting on the subway and just stopping in the door despite the dozen people behind them trying to get on, I just want to shove them out of the way. I don't of course, but I can dream.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2018, 05:18:58 AM »
I think some students think I'm irrationally angry when I get upset and demand immediate end to:

1. Wearing a hat when entering a classroom;
2. Sitting at the back when they know my rule is: sit at the front;
3. Speaking Korean in English class.
when students find it acceptable to yell "TEACHHHHHERRRRR" instead of simply raising their hand. i mean, ****** hell, i assume korean teachers let them do it in their classes, and how it doesn't drive them absolutely insane is beyond me