March 24, 2019, 12:35:59 PM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Things that make you irrationally angry  (Read 9758 times)

Offline CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
Re: Things that make you irrationally angry
« Reply #160 on: November 28, 2018, 10:57:54 AM »
THIS DOG HOLDING TECHNIQUE!

That’s how dogs carry their young. I don’t have a problem with it.

Oh yeah that whole science and animal behsvior stuff getting in the way of my outrage.

Putin was here to save the day though...
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #161 on: November 28, 2018, 12:17:19 PM »
I've had dogs and cats my whole life and we ALWAYS use that method when speed and animal safety is needed.

How can one be bothered by it when one sees its mother do it regularly. The animal goes prone to be compliant and the dog or cat is transported without injury or incident.

Hence, it is IRRATIONAL to get angry at that.

Ah,... apt for this thread then. K.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 12:19:09 PM by VanIslander »

Offline CypherSoul

• Veteran
  • U wot m8?
« Reply #162 on: November 28, 2018, 12:31:26 PM »
Hence, it is IRRATIONAL to get angry at that.

Ah,... apt for this thread then. K.

Because most types of anger is just that....rational! Roger that!   :laugh:
Slay My Life! Walk boo boo walk! Cat Walk for me boo boo! This isn't cat walking, this is a hyena walking! Lion walking! Tiger walking! Leopard walking! Enter my Queen!

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #163 on: November 28, 2018, 12:43:56 PM »
Anger is a natural and rational reaction to personal frustration and interpersonal betrayal.

Just look at the top performers in many sports, at leaders who perservere through adversity.

Stoicism and detachment ain't the only rational ways of responding to challenges.

Offline josieb93

• Waygookin
« Reply #164 on: November 29, 2018, 08:38:16 AM »
teachers in the staff room who cut their nails at their desk...It's so grossss

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2018, 08:42:36 AM »

Never understood some people's obsession with nail clippings. I mean we all know household dust is made of human skin and hair etc.. we shed stuff from our bodies all the time. You think nail clippings are worse than human hair or skin? I mean sure I guess you should clip them into a bin or something instead of straight onto the floor but if I see one on the floor, I'm not going to freak out, 

Offline alexisalex

• Super Waygook
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2018, 08:56:59 AM »

Never understood some people's obsession with nail clippings. I mean we all know household dust is made of human skin and hair etc.. we shed stuff from our bodies all the time. You think nail clippings are worse than human hair or skin? I mean sure I guess you should clip them into a bin or something instead of straight onto the floor but if I see one on the floor, I'm not going to freak out,

It annoys me when I see them on the floor in my classroom because it means they've been spat out of someone's mouth  :-[

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2018, 08:58:26 AM »
People that kick the back of my chair.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2018, 09:01:04 AM »
People that kick the back of my chair.

On the theme of chairs... it really gets me when people lean on the back of my computer chair when I'm using the computer, especially when it causes the chair to start reclining.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2018, 10:22:30 AM »

Hair is another one.
We kiss kids and short adults on the top of the head, but a hair in the salad bar shuts the thing down!

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2018, 10:26:49 AM »

Hair is another one.
We kiss kids and short adults on the top of the head, but a hair in the salad bar shuts the thing down!

Yep, people overreact to that as well.

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2018, 10:27:49 AM »

Never understood some people's obsession with nail clippings. I mean we all know household dust is made of human skin and hair etc.. we shed stuff from our bodies all the time.
Not as much as you think.  In fact, very little of house dust is made of human sheddings.

https://www.livescience.com/32337-is-house-dust-mostly-dead-skin.html

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2018, 11:07:00 AM »
People are stupid when it comes to "disgusting". Look at people's reaction to smoking. They'll rush to buy the latest Apple Crap that was made in some factory in China with child labor, crap wages, and spewing toxic compounds in the air, but then bitch and moan that they got the faint whiff of tobacco.

Ajosshi spits in street? Horror. My five dogs pissing everywhere on the street in HBC? "They're dogs, they're like, better than people, plus they're mine so that makes it okay." You think people enjoy dodging the rivers of dog piss that are everywhere?

And don't even get my started on people acting like covering your mouth stops the spread of germs. No it's just to make sure you don't spray globules onto the guy in front (you should still do it, but stop treating it like it's some strong barrier). Newsflash: Unless you're rolling around in a surgical mask, and quite likely a painter's mask type job, you're still spreading that crap around every time you breathe. What, you think your hand is some sort of magical airtight barrier? Put your hand over your mouth. Can you still breathe in and out? Guess what numbnuts, you're still spreading germs and you probably just put a bunch on your hand to be picked up by the next sad sack that walks by and touches the door handle you just ran your slobby hand over. I mean, I don't want some guy coughing on my fork and handing it to me, can the same time can people stop acting like their hand is some Biolevel-4 containment field and lighten the eff up about it? "Oh my gosh I was possibly exposed to germs because some guy coughed, but then I'll go and make out with some random person in a club or use some nasty bar bathroom."

Seriously, people need to get over themselves and germs and "disgusting". The above are just three of the big ones that usually get tossed around here. There's a time to be really careful and there's a time to not lose your shit and let your kids get dirty and build up their immunities. Learn the difference between disgusting and non-sanitary/toxic. In reality 'disgusting' is what they feel. 'non-sanitary/toxic' is whatever hypocritical nonsensical justification they use for their latest nanny state law that makes them feel better because they got to virtue signal and tell other people what to do (God forbid you ever tell them what to do, then their daddy/mommy issues well up) and add meaning to their insignificant lives and failure to live up to their own over-inflated expectations. "I didn't fulfill my dreams of being a track star, but I can still become happy by making this other person's life miserable".

You want to make things better in terms of germs? Go make sure some Crap-Agra corp isn't mixing pig shit in with my lettuce and feeding reject dead cows to their own offspring mixed in with the feed.

Offline tylerthegloob

• Expert Waygook
  • gg wp
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2018, 11:21:07 AM »

What, you think your hand is some sort of magical airtight barrier? Put your hand over your mouth. Can you still breathe in and out? Guess what numbnuts, you're still spreading germs and you probably just put a bunch on your hand to be picked up by the next sad sack that walks by and touches the door handle you just ran your slobby hand over.

Dude, it's 2018. Who is still coughing into their hands? You gotta turn away and cough into your elbow like an adult.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #174 on: November 29, 2018, 11:21:30 AM »
People are stupid when it comes to "disgusting". Look at people's reaction to smoking. They'll rush to buy the latest Apple Crap that was made in some factory in China with child labor, crap wages, and spewing toxic compounds in the air, but then bitch and moan that they got the faint whiff of tobacco.

Ajosshi spits in street? Horror. My five dogs pissing everywhere on the street in HBC? "They're dogs, they're like, better than people, plus they're mine so that makes it okay." You think people enjoy dodging the rivers of dog piss that are everywhere?

And don't even get my started on people acting like covering your mouth stops the spread of germs. No it's just to make sure you don't spray globules onto the guy in front (you should still do it, but stop treating it like it's some strong barrier). Newsflash: Unless you're rolling around in a surgical mask, and quite likely a painter's mask type job, you're still spreading that crap around every time you breathe. What, you think your hand is some sort of magical airtight barrier? Put your hand over your mouth. Can you still breathe in and out? Guess what numbnuts, you're still spreading germs and you probably just put a bunch on your hand to be picked up by the next sad sack that walks by and touches the door handle you just ran your slobby hand over. I mean, I don't want some guy coughing on my fork and handing it to me, can the same time can people stop acting like their hand is some Biolevel-4 containment field and lighten the eff up about it? "Oh my gosh I was possibly exposed to germs because some guy coughed, but then I'll go and make out with some random person in a club or use some nasty bar bathroom."

Seriously, people need to get over themselves and germs and "disgusting". The above are just three of the big ones that usually get tossed around here. There's a time to be really careful and there's a time to not lose your shit and let your kids get dirty and build up their immunities. Learn the difference between disgusting and non-sanitary/toxic. In reality 'disgusting' is what they feel. 'non-sanitary/toxic' is whatever hypocritical nonsensical justification they use for their latest nanny state law that makes them feel better because they got to virtue signal and tell other people what to do (God forbid you ever tell them what to do, then their daddy/mommy issues well up) and add meaning to their insignificant lives and failure to live up to their own over-inflated expectations. "I didn't fulfill my dreams of being a track star, but I can still become happy by making this other person's life miserable".

You want to make things better in terms of germs? Go make sure some Crap-Agra corp isn't mixing pig shit in with my lettuce and feeding reject dead cows to their own offspring mixed in with the feed.

Never seen so many grammatical errors and nonsense from the master contrarian. Seems to me like your standards are dropping. You'll never get the mod badge if you carry on like this. Get your act together bro. I hope everything is ok.
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #175 on: November 29, 2018, 11:46:57 AM »

Never seen so many grammatical errors and nonsense from the master contrarian. Seems to me like your standards are dropping. You'll never get the mod badge if you carry on like this. Get your act together bro. I hope everything is ok.

His wisdom and time is wasted here. He really should do his own podcast or get his own segment on late-night radio.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #176 on: November 29, 2018, 12:50:01 PM »

Nobody likes being coughed on, nobody likes walking in other people's spit, nobody likes getting shoved on the subway, and nobody likes walking through other people's second hand smoke. Are these things huge problems? No, not individually, but when things like this happen multiple times a day, every day, they make daily life a grind and rather unpleasant.

I'd imagine this is what everyone's main gripe here is.

Conversely, in England, when people say excuse me, hold the door for you, and are generally courteous of others (and not only thinking about themselves), it makes day to day life much more pleasant, and your day go by much smoother.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #177 on: November 29, 2018, 02:54:30 PM »
Nobody likes being coughed on, nobody likes walking in other people's spit, nobody likes getting shoved on the subway, and nobody likes walking through other people's second hand smoke. Are these things huge problems? No, not individually, but when things like this happen multiple times a day, every day, they make daily life a grind and rather unpleasant.

Conversely, in England, when people say excuse me, hold the door for you, and are generally courteous of others (and not only thinking about themselves), it makes day to day life much more pleasant, and your day go by much smoother.

The point of the rant was to show how hypocritical and arbitrary everyone is.

Also, the people who whine and moan here are probably whiners and moaners back home. It's part of the character of people who externalize blame, have a poor ability to consider alternative explanations and lock their opinion very quickly.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 02:57:30 PM by Mr.DeMartino »

Offline SeoulAlone

• Veteran
« Reply #178 on: November 29, 2018, 02:56:46 PM »
Sweet pickles!!  They're vial and should be eradicated from the earth.

Offline oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #179 on: November 29, 2018, 03:15:39 PM »

The point of the rant was to show how hypocritical and arbitrary everyone is.

Also, the people who whine and moan here are probably whiners and moaners back home. It's part of the character of people who externalize blame, have a poor ability to consider alternative explanations and lock their opinion very quickly.

“Moaning is productive. It gets stuff done”
https://www.bigissue.com/interviews/karl-pilkington-interview-moaning-productive-gets-stuff-done/