December 12, 2018, 12:47:25 PM

Author Topic: ESL in the ROK 2.0 (13 games for any lesson)  (Read 1425 times)

Online DaStrongOne

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Adventurer
ESL in the ROK 2.0 (13 games for any lesson)
« on: October 14, 2018, 07:35:15 PM »
* The following is not meant to replace this or other sites *

Hey everyone,

I think it's time to update this post to help clear any confusion you may have.

Here's a site I made with pre-built 13 games for any lessons. They're similar to PPT games, but instead are all completely randomized, you can choose 7 fonts (no downloads needed), and the font sizes automatically adjust as you play the game or simply by scrolling). In other words, they are dynamic and pretty sweet. Each game has a hot keys menu to help you master and maximize your experience.

You can find it here: https://www.eslintherok.com.

There's 13 games currently, but I will be adding more. Voting for upcoming games is on another site. You can find the link on this page: https://www.eslintherok.com/contact

I've started a Kakao group chat - ESL in the ROK - I'll probably reply quicker there if you want to get a hold of me.

LASTLY, I'm looking for volunteers to enter their book data! I've added my books. All you need is your teacher's guide and some free time. If you can help that would be much appreciated.

p.s. if you like it and plan on using it, I would buy a cheap mouse (5k at Daiso). Mine works throughout the classroom, so you can walk around and not be stationary.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:21:39 PM by DaStrongOne »

Online frannyesl

• Explorer
Re: ESL in the ROK 2.0 (13 games for any lesson)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2018, 03:46:24 PM »
WOW!!! This is an amazing project, thank you so much!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 09:22:34 PM by DaStrongOne »

Online DaStrongOne

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 09:26:44 PM »
WOW!!! This is an amazing project, thank you so much!

Edited: title

Thank you! I just updated it tonight with some minor fixes and a NEW game.

PUBG (Battleground) Four Corners.

I'm pretty excited to see the G5 faces when we play it.

You can print the papers the students carry here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1gaVcobvZ3zPp-EsGlfQr9_yQh97k7IQn

Let me know if you have any questions!

Enjoy.

Online DaStrongOne

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2018, 08:37:36 PM »
Today, I wanted to get my students out of their seats and moving, so I tried out a different variation of Hot Potato with my grade 4 and 5 students and they both LOVED IT.

All you need is get a ball, a dice, a teacher's desk bell and load up Hot Potato.

- I got everyone to make an evenly spaced circle around the room (make them put their hands up by their side, so there's some space in between each other)
- play the hot potato song, and the students pass the 'potato' clockwise around the room.
- when you push the bell, they switch directions and go counter clockwise (click it as many times as you want to keep them on their toes)
- left click to stop the music
- the student with the ball, says what's on the screen.
- now give that student the dice to roll
- if it's 1, that student sits down.
- if it's 2, the next student sits down.
- if it's 3, count 2 over and that student sits down.
- and so on.
*count in the direction that the ball was moving when the music stopped*

I played until I had about 10 students left and rewarded them with a stamp, then did our book work. I can't wait to try this at my other school next week.