March 25, 2019, 06:14:00 AM

Author Topic: US Tourism Down  (Read 3876 times)

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
Re: US Tourism Down
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2018, 11:47:00 PM »
America is the greatest country.

The only thing that makes America great are people, not the economy, not the military,
not the advancements in science and technology, and not entertainment, but people. If
the people are not so great, then the country is not so great.

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2018, 09:25:26 PM »
I've been to California a few times.

Other than LA, the state is one of the greatest places to live, as far as I can tell.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2018, 04:26:14 AM »
Tourism is small potatoes. 
With 30 million illegals you would t know tourism was down.
Mexicans have flooded my smallish hometown where once none existed. 
They are also driving down wages in a very real way. 
No one will miss you forever paradise.
Having trouble finding employment, jimbo?

Crying about the good ol' days when everyone was white and drove Chevys, when the men went to work in offices and did f$%kall all day while their wives stayed home and slaved all day?

Or is it that those Mexican cuties won't give you the time of day?

Couldn't make it in Korea and now you're striking out back home. Times is tuff, white boy.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2018, 05:55:30 AM »

Makes sense. I have an aunt who lives in New York City so I don't have to pay for lodging.
The issue is getting there by car is too long from where I live so I would have to fly. But I
would hate to fly into the USA.

Border Control/Immigration at US airports has gotten a lot better in just the last couple of years. During the Bush years and much of the Obama years, any time I, a white US citizen, would arrive at a US airport and have to go through border control, the border agents would act all suspicious and ask me all kinds of stupid leading questions and ask me about every thing I had done abroad and what I was going to do once back in the US.

Went back to the US earlier this year and it was like night and day. Nobody treated me like a criminal, they just asked me for basic travel plans, and were cheerful and helpful. My non-American wife was treated the same.
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2018, 09:58:34 AM »

The only thing that makes America great are people, not the economy, not the military,
not the advancements in science and technology, and not entertainment, but people. If

What is it the people are doing to make the country great?  It's things like advances in science and technology the military and the influential economy precisely that make a country great.  Great here doesn't mean swell or as is used in "great job!"  This reminds me of university when a T.A. mentioned Hitler as a great man of history, and some budding virtue signaller took a stand that his greengrocer was a greater man than Hitler.  He couldn't get his head around the fact that because Hitler had a huge influence on the world (a great influence) he was considered a great man of history.  His greengrocer? not so much.  But because Hitler had had such a negative influence he felt his greengrocer was greater because he was a nice guy. 

You seemed to be confused in the same way Foreverpardise.  The characteristics you described as not factoring into greatness is exactly what is taken into account. 

Like it or not, The USA is still very much a GREAT nation. 

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2018, 10:01:15 AM »
CO2: I went to French immersion and we always went to Quebec. St. Donat in grade 8, Quebec City in grade 11.

Haha, it would never occur to me to have gone to the US.

Haha, St. Donat.  I can't believe I forgot all about the school trips from Ontario and Quebec to St. Donat.  Good times and I was never in French immersion. 

Although, to be fair, being in French immersion it wouldn't have made much sense for you to say, go to NYC.

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2018, 12:04:06 PM »

What is it the people are doing to make the country great?  It's things like advances in science and technology the military and the influential economy precisely that make a country great.  Great here doesn't mean swell or as is used in "great job!"  This reminds me of university when a T.A. mentioned Hitler as a great man of history, and some budding virtue signaller took a stand that his greengrocer was a greater man than Hitler.  He couldn't get his head around the fact that because Hitler had a huge influence on the world (a great influence) he was considered a great man of history.  His greengrocer? not so much.  But because Hitler had had such a negative influence he felt his greengrocer was greater because he was a nice guy. 

You seemed to be confused in the same way Foreverpardise.  The characteristics you described as not factoring into greatness is exactly what is taken into account. 

You can never consider a country to have been great when people would treat somebody very badly because
that person is black or Indigenous. That is why the USA was never a great country. And for Trump to say
make America Great Again is a subliminal message for Make America White again. Trump has incited a lot
of hatred to people who are not white or US citizens. This kind of hatred being incited is enough to cause
even a black Canadian like me to not want to travel to the USA, because just imagine what would happen to me
if I drove across the border and a cop pulls me over and holds a gun to threaten my life or behaves in
a barbarically hostile manner, just because I am black and a foreigner in the USA. This is what has been
incited from Donald Trump, the same devil who described white supremacists as very fine people. And you
are aware that the same incitement form Donald Trump caused the recent shooting deaths of two African-
Americans and 11 Jewish people, all perpetrated by white supremacist Trump supporters.

If the USA is going to be great, American people better smarten up and reject white bigotry. Because I can
assure you that when I travelled with my predominantly black church group into the USA, we have experienced
racism in which redneck racist truckers called us n*#$ers. This is an example of how American was not
all that great in the past because of regular American people pelting black people with deplorable bigotry.
So if the USA is going to be a great country, perhaps American voters will have to vote in the Democrats to
take over the house and the senate to put Trump on a leash, that way Trump can stop inciting hate. Hey
that might even help bring up the tourism numbers to the USA.

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2018, 12:18:32 PM »
Foreverparadise: You can never consider a country to have been great when people would treat somebody very badly because that person is black or Indigenous. That is why the USA was never a great country.

Again, you don't seem to understand the word great in this situation.  Are you familiar with the Great Ice Age?  Was it great because it treated all creatures equally?  Or, you can say someone had a great impact on something.  It doesn't mean they had a good impact.  The term great in regards to a country doesn't have anything to do with how it treated its citizens.  It's about the impact or influence the country has.  One would hope that a country would use its greatness for good, but that is irrelevant. 

The fact that the world has been constantly following America under Trump proves it still has a great influence on the world.  You think the world is watching Trudeau or Moon Jae In's every move?

ForeverParadise: You don't get to redefine the meaning of "great" as it used in Make America Great Again because you want it to fit your often incoherent, rambling narrative.

The fact that the world has been constantly following America under Trump proves it still has a great influence on the world.  You think the world is watching Trudeau or Monn Jae In's every move?

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2018, 12:40:32 PM »
Foreverparadise: You can never consider a country to have been great when people would treat somebody very badly because that person is black or Indigenous. That is why the USA was never a great country.

Again, you don't seem to understand the word great in this situation.  Are you familiar with the Great Ice Age?  Was it great because it treated all creatures equally?  Or, you can say someone had a great impact on something.  It doesn't mean they had a good impact.  The term great in regards to a country doesn't have anything to do with how it treated its citizens.  It's about the impact or influence the country has.  One would hope that a country would use its greatness for good, but that is irrelevant. 

The fact that the world has been constantly following America under Trump proves it still has a great influence on the world.  You think the world is watching Trudeau or Moon Jae In's every move?

ForeverParadise: You don't get to redefine the meaning of "great" as it used in Make America Great Again because you want it to fit your often incoherent, rambling narrative.

The fact that the world has been constantly following America under Trump proves it still has a great influence on the world.  You think the world is watching Trudeau or Monn Jae In's every move?

If you go to some foreign land and people there give you a lot of open hospitality (not referring to hotels and resorts only), wouldn't you find people in that country to be great? I would. If I am in a country where people treat me very nice with a lot of hospitality, I would find that country great because of the people. But if I go to an industrialized nation where people tend to be more rude, prejudiced, stuck up, and trashy, would I consider that country to be great? No. That is where the greatness of  country lies in, the people. People who even made the difference to
further the cause of humanity are also great people. Otherwise, if the majority of the people are not so great
the country is not so great.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2018, 12:43:11 PM »

You can never consider a country to have been great when people would treat somebody very badly because
that person is black or Indigenous. That is why the USA was never a great country. And for Trump to say
make America Great Again is a subliminal message for Make America White again. Trump has incited a lot
of hatred to people who are not white or US citizens. This kind of hatred being incited is enough to cause
even a black Canadian like me to not want to travel to the USA, because just imagine what would happen to me
if I drove across the border and a cop pulls me over and holds a gun to threaten my life or behaves in
a barbarically hostile manner, just because I am black and a foreigner in the USA. This is what has been
incited from Donald Trump, the same devil who described white supremacists as very fine people. And you
are aware that the same incitement form Donald Trump caused the recent shooting deaths of two African-
Americans and 11 Jewish people, all perpetrated by white supremacist Trump supporters.

If the USA is going to be great, American people better smarten up and reject white bigotry. Because I can
assure you that when I travelled with my predominantly black church group into the USA, we have experienced
racism in which redneck racist truckers called us n*#$ers. This is an example of how American was not
all that great in the past because of regular American people pelting black people with deplorable bigotry.
So if the USA is going to be a great country, perhaps American voters will have to vote in the Democrats to
take over the house and the senate to put Trump on a leash, that way Trump can stop inciting hate. Hey
that might even help bring up the tourism numbers to the USA.

Making America great again means making it great for everyone.  Settling for mediocrity with low paying crappy jobs or over inflated living costs beyond affordability is not great which is what the left wants for people and is currently giving it.  Making America great again means lots of good paying middle class jobs and bringing back the jobs from abroad.  It's bringing and creating those jobs for EVERYONE.  Just because a few truck drivers are $h!theads doesn't mean everyone is.  If America was never great, there would never have been the great migration north for jobs, there would never have been those willing to fight to end slavery and extend protections to everyone.  There would never have been an end to segregation, Jim Crow, and other things which the Democrats wanted.  Then when they saw the tide was turning, they hypocritically hopped onto civil rights at the last minute.  Lyndon Johnson even said: "We'll have those N%$# voting for us for the next 100 years."  A racist hypocritical slimeball who history praises for some reason.  Yes, there are bad points, plenty of them.  But focusing on them to the exclusion of the present or your potential future does nothing to help you or anyone else.  Cuomo of New York gives a speech as governor saying America was never really great.  So, what the hell is he going to do for you besides making statements he thinks will get your vote?  Has he created jobs and a path to a middle class lifestyle or is he just shooting off his mouth because he thinks it's popular in 2018 and he's trying to get re elected?  So far, especially upstate, he's killed jobs. 

I doubt there are any real KKK $hitheads on here.  But if you are supporting Trump because you think it's going to be white America, you're sol.  It's going to be all patriotic minded western minded people banding together for security, prosperity, and personal freedoms.  If it weren't for a higher number of minorities supporting Trump than past Republican candidates, there would be no President Trump right now.  So, pull your heads out of your @$$ and face a new reality.  Walk away from the KKK and embrace a new patriotism that embraces every other like minded person regardless of race.  If you're a Democrat and sick of the crazies who have taken over your party, walk away from them too.  Bill Maher, your rants against extremism and political correctness is not being listened to.  Why haven't you walked away yet?  Oh yeah, money and living in California....

Make America great again, Make Canada great again, Make Britain great again, Make Australia great again.....

Offline OnNut81

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2018, 01:11:58 PM »
ForeverParadise: If you go to some foreign land and people there give you a lot of open hospitality (not referring to hotels and resorts only), wouldn't you find people in that country to be great?

No, I wouldn't, at least not beyond the colloquial sense, i.e. conversationally. In reality, I would find them nice or kind or hospitable.  Not great, in the term that great is used to describe a nation.  Again, you're stuck on using great in the colloquial "he's a great guy!"  sense.  That isn't how it's being used in the Make America Great Again campaign.  Trump is constantly sending the message that under his predecessors America lost its greatness on the world stage.  He has clearly not been trying to get people to think America is nice and hospitable.  He's talking about the greatness of a nation.  I don't think you're getting the concept.  I get how you are misusing great, but that's not what is meant by MAGA. 

ForeverParadise, imagine trying to personify The Great Halifax Explosion. Would you say it was great because it was nice and friendly?  No?  So how could it be called great?  It was hugely destructive. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #31 on: October 31, 2018, 01:19:48 PM »
If you go to some foreign land and people there give you a lot of open hospitality (not referring to hotels and resorts only), wouldn't you find people in that country to be great? I would.

It couldn't ever be that they assume you're AMerican and have more money than them. That's impossible.

The Indonesians were super nice to me, 90% of the time.

Outside galleries, outside shops. This doesn't denigrate their smile, per se, but to believe that they genuinely just want to have a pleasant 5 minute conversation with me SANS sale is a massive stretch.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2018, 02:05:44 PM »
The left took something which was good (increased awareness and sensitivity of the Star Trek:TNG variety) and went completely insane with it and turned it into the SJW religion that they seek to impose on the rest of the country. I'm usually moderate conservative-New Deal Democrat-Libertarian on a mix of issues but the left just went insane. It's like Maher's latest rant on how liberals are ruining Halloween. They're no longer the party of funny.

As pointless as Trump's wall idea is, it doesn't make me do the Tucker Carlson face the way SJW nonsense does.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2018, 06:16:57 PM »
If it weren't for a higher number of minorities supporting Trump than past Republican candidates, there would be no President Trump right now.  So, pull your heads out of your @$$ and face a new reality.

Donald Trump won the U.S. presidency with less support from black and Hispanic voters than any president in at least 40 years, a Reuters review of polling data shows, highlighting deep national divisions that have fueled incidents of racial and political confrontation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-polarization-analysis/trump-won-with-lowest-minority-vote-in-decades-fueling-divisions-idUSKBN13I10B

Trump was elected with 8 percent of the black vote, 28 percent of the Hispanic vote and 27 percent of the Asian-American vote, according to the Reuters/Ipsos Election Day poll.

Among black voters, his showing was comparable to the 9 percent captured by George W. Bush in 2000 and Ronald Reagan in 1984. But Bush and Reagan both did far better with Hispanic voters, capturing 35 percent and 34 percent, respectively, according to exit polling data compiled by the non-partisan Roper Center for Public Opinion Research.

And Trumpís performance among Asian-Americans was the worst of any winning presidential candidate since tracking of that demographic began

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2018, 06:20:45 PM »
Make America great again, Make Canada great again, Make Britain great again, Make Australia great again.....

The way countries become great and stay great is through cooperation with other countries. Globalism lifted billions out of poverty. The world is richer than ever before. Now is the best time in human history to be alive. And 2015, etc. was full of amazing opportunities, too. Globalists rock!

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2018, 06:35:17 PM »
International tourism receipts 
(US $ billions) (2017)

1    United States 210.7
2    Spain 68.0   
3    France 60.7   
4    Thailand 57.5   
5    United Kingdom 51.2   
6    Italy 44.2   
7    Australia 41.7   
8    Germany 39.8   
9    Macau 35.6   
10    Japan 34.1

The United States is the clear winner. As much as Canadians - whose country is incidentally not on the list - like to rag on the U.S., it's still doing quite well. In fact, #1 in the world.

The U.S.A. was great ten years ago and it's still great today. Losing its footing and declining slightly? Sure. But still the world's sole superpower. No other county even comes close. (China, Russia, and North Korea were recently caught exaggerating their wealth in an attempt to project more economic prowess than actually there.)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2018, 02:50:53 AM »
International tourism receipts 
(US $ billions) (2017)

1    United States 210.7
2    Spain 68.0   
3    France 60.7   
4    Thailand 57.5   
5    United Kingdom 51.2   
6    Italy 44.2   
7    Australia 41.7   
8    Germany 39.8   
9    Macau 35.6   
10    Japan 34.1

The United States is the clear winner. As much as Canadians - whose country is incidentally not on the list - like to rag on the U.S., it's still doing quite well. In fact, #1 in the world.

The U.S.A. was great ten years ago and it's still great today. Losing its footing and declining slightly? Sure. But still the world's sole superpower. No other county even comes close. (China, Russia, and North Korea were recently caught exaggerating their wealth in an attempt to project more economic prowess than actually there.)
After driving across six states last week, I can tell you the shape of the roads in the US is far from great. I was really surprised.

Offline hayleebb87

• Adventurer
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2018, 10:50:16 AM »
I don't comment on here a lot because I don't want to get into a big argument with people I don't know about politics, but I want to say one thing. Like him or hate him, Trump is NOT America. He does not represent all Americans. He can inspire fear and and promote isolationism all he wants, but one person does not make a country.

Example:

After the hate crime against the Jewish synagogue, a Muslim based group started a crowdfunding page for the victims. It has far exceeded their original goal in donations from people all over the country. Also, a massive crowd of people in the thousands came to the memorial to pay their respects as well.

THAT is America and that's why it is still a great country despite having problems (like every other country).

Offline Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2018, 11:36:39 AM »
I don't comment on here a lot because I don't want to get into a big argument with people I don't know about politics, but I want to say one thing. Like him or hate him, Trump is NOT America. He does not represent all Americans. He can inspire fear and and promote isolationism all he wants, but one person does not make a country.

Example:

After the hate crime against the Jewish synagogue, a Muslim based group started a crowdfunding page for the victims. It has far exceeded their original goal in donations from people all over the country. Also, a massive crowd of people in the thousands came to the memorial to pay their respects as well.

THAT is America and that's why it is still a great country despite having problems (like every other country).

You have a point. In fact the crowfunding that this Muslim group made to help the families of the Jewish
victims who were shot and killed in that synagogue, did not make that much big news in the mainstream
media except for CNN and Al-Jazeera. But never mind the media, when you see people of differences
coming together in that time of need and sorrow, that proves that we are all God's children, and no form
of hatred can break people apart. And this is why the hate being incited from the mouth of Trump
needs to get extinguished. And the best way to do that is for American citizens to get out and vote
for the people who will take the majority of the house and put Trump on a leash. That to me will truly
make America great.

Offline hangook77

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2018, 09:33:15 AM »
If it weren't for a higher number of minorities supporting Trump than past Republican candidates, there would be no President Trump right now.  So, pull your heads out of your @$$ and face a new reality.

Donald Trump won the U.S. presidency with less support from black and Hispanic voters than any president in at least 40 years, a Reuters review of polling data shows, highlighting deep national divisions that have fueled incidents of racial and political confrontation.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-polarization-analysis/trump-won-with-lowest-minority-vote-in-decades-fueling-divisions-idUSKBN13I10B

Trump was elected with 8 percent of the black vote, 28 percent of the Hispanic vote and 27 percent of the Asian-American vote, according to the Reuters/Ipsos Election Day poll.

Among black voters, his showing was comparable to the 9 percent captured by George W. Bush in 2000 and Ronald Reagan in 1984. But Bush and Reagan both did far better with Hispanic voters, capturing 35 percent and 34 percent, respectively, according to exit polling data compiled by the non-partisan Roper Center for Public Opinion Research.

And Trumpís performance among Asian-Americans was the worst of any winning presidential candidate since tracking of that demographic began

He got more than McCain and Romney did.  I take facts from the 21st century, not from a different era.  The fact is his increased support from them did put him over the top.  So, my point is for patriots to embrace everyone who thinks the same regardless of race.  White antifa sh!theads and the other crazies are the enemy, not folks of other races willing to stand with you.  Racism is dumb.  No need to have a KKK organization.  Proud boys is a group for example open to young men of any race who love western values (though I am not a member).  Everyone who love free speech, economic freedom, jobs, a middle class lifestyle, and an end to insanity and over the top political correctness ought to unite together. 

It's just a shame that many minorities continue to be lied to.  Look at all the places where Democrats have have had total control.  Absolute corruption, high crime, a lack of jobs, failing schools,and very little opportunity of any kind.  Why keep supporting them just because they scream 'racist' every once in a while to distract?  I guess Al Sharpton is raking in the cash though.