January 24, 2019, 01:24:14 AM

Author Topic: Ford-Kavanaugh Hearing  (Read 7625 times)

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
Re: Ford-Kavanaugh Hearing
« Reply #180 on: October 07, 2018, 09:29:38 AM »
The following video sums up the entire episode quite nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQUdFMF0Zs

It's not difficult to understand why the Incel community would warm to Kavanaugh's cause.

Steven Crowder's married isn't he?

I didn't know that was Koreaboo's real name.
Are you married ?

Koreaboo's married too. As am I.

Any daughter's ?

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #181 on: October 07, 2018, 09:43:14 AM »
First question to those that think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone.  Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Not a court case?  What job interview consists of allegations?  Pure evil to ruin someones life based on NO EVIDENCE. 

Sorry I would never sexually assault anyone, would stick up for women that were truly sexually assaulted, but this situation is totally bonkers. 

Also the FBI 7th investigation was about Ford's accusations, THEY INTERVIEWED THE PEOPLE THAT NEEDED TO BE, THOSE THAT WERE SUPPOSED WITNESSES.  OTHER CRAP DOES NOT COUNT, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?  The other accusations were so discredited they didn't need to be investigated any more, although they were were still investigated. 

Lol, stickup for woman while round housing a woman in the face.  Seems your side like using Shame a lot so I'll just leave it at that.
Yelling, huh? Just like Lindsey and Bart. I guess that's what white privileged males do when they don't get what they want. Pout and scream unit mommy collins gives in.

FBI investigation was a sham. Bart lied and lied. He or his people were texting former associates threatening them if they came forward. These are not the actions of an innocent man.

1700+ lawyers singed a letter saying Bart was not fit. What does that tell you?

Do you believe in looking at the evidence before declaring someone innocent, Fred?

No, no don't cry.

What are you even talking about? Evidence that he was threatening people? No? Who cares what a single city worth of lawyers think? Don't cry?

You honestly seem unhinged.

Surely, you're not claiming that you've read the FBI report are you Mike? ;D

Has it even been released?

I'm not sure how you're getting from A to B. If the FBI report contained anything explosive, word would have gotten out.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #182 on: October 07, 2018, 09:48:04 AM »

It's not difficult to understand why the Incel community would warm to Kavanaugh's cause.

Are you married ?

Any daughter's ?

Any daughter's what?

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #183 on: October 07, 2018, 09:58:38 AM »
First question to those that think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone.  Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Not a court case?  What job interview consists of allegations?  Pure evil to ruin someones life based on NO EVIDENCE. 

Sorry I would never sexually assault anyone, would stick up for women that were truly sexually assaulted, but this situation is totally bonkers. 

Also the FBI 7th investigation was about Ford's accusations, THEY INTERVIEWED THE PEOPLE THAT NEEDED TO BE, THOSE THAT WERE SUPPOSED WITNESSES.  OTHER CRAP DOES NOT COUNT, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?  The other accusations were so discredited they didn't need to be investigated any more, although they were were still investigated. 

Lol, stickup for woman while round housing a woman in the face.  Seems your side like using Shame a lot so I'll just leave it at that.
Yelling, huh? Just like Lindsey and Bart. I guess that's what white privileged males do when they don't get what they want. Pout and scream unit mommy collins gives in.

FBI investigation was a sham. Bart lied and lied. He or his people were texting former associates threatening them if they came forward. These are not the actions of an innocent man.

1700+ lawyers singed a letter saying Bart was not fit. What does that tell you?

Do you believe in looking at the evidence before declaring someone innocent, Fred?

No, no don't cry.

What are you even talking about? Evidence that he was threatening people? No? Who cares what a single city worth of lawyers think? Don't cry?

You honestly seem unhinged.

Surely, you're not claiming that you've read the FBI report are you Mike? ;D

Has it even been released?

I'm not sure how you're getting from A to B. If the FBI report contained anything explosive, word would have gotten out.

As far as I know it hasn't been released so it's difficult to comment either way.
Nonetheless word has gotten out with albeit, mostly partisan commentary, critical of the depth of the investigation.   
It is difficult to find corroborating evidence if you don't ask the right people but without reading the report it would be hard to hold firm opinion either way.
Still, whose interest's are served by this lack of transparency?
It's easy enough to make redactions to protect people's identities. 

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #184 on: October 07, 2018, 10:00:57 AM »

Are you married ?

Any daughters ?

Any daughters what?

I take it that's a 'no'.

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #185 on: October 07, 2018, 10:04:55 AM »

Are you married ?

Any daughters ?

Any daughters what?

I take it that's a 'no'.

I have a son and if he was raped, I'd expect the accused to be innocent until proved guilty in law and get a fair trial. Which was all that sketch was saying. I haven't been following the Kavanaugh case. Should I feel differently if I happened to have a daughter?

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #186 on: October 07, 2018, 10:35:08 AM »

Are you married ?

Any daughters ?

Any daughters what?

I take it that's a 'no'.

I have a son and if he was raped, I'd expect the accused to be innocent until proved guilty in law and get a fair trial. Which was all that sketch was saying. I haven't been following the Kavanaugh case. Should I feel differently if I happened to have a daughter?

Perhaps, I thought that if you had a daughter you might feel a little more sympathetic towards the plight of women more generally so your response doesn't surprise me. 

Nonetheless you would acknowledge that Kavanaugh hasn't been on trial so talk of guilt or innocence is neither here nor there but rather standards of conduct and temperament befitting a nominee for the SCOTUS are. This is something that the creator of video seemed oblivious too, but whose mis-characterization of Kavanaugh's hearing seemed to be motivated by misogynistic tendencies.

People that hold positions of responsibility need to be wary and considerate of these issues. Perhaps if your circumstances were different so too would be your opinions.

Offline shanebarry1986

• Super Waygook
« Reply #187 on: October 07, 2018, 10:38:40 AM »

Online eggieguffer

• The Legend
« Reply #188 on: October 07, 2018, 10:44:49 AM »

Are you married ?

Any daughters ?

Any daughters what?

I take it that's a 'no'.

Perhaps, I thought that if you had a daughter you might feel a little more sympathetic towards the plight of women more generally so your response doesn't surprise me. 

Nonetheless you would acknowledge that Kavanaugh hasn't been on trial so talk of guilt or innocence is neither here nor there but rather standards of conduct and temperament befitting a nominee for the SCOTUS are. This is something that the creator of video seemed oblivious too, but whose mis-characterization of Kavanaugh's hearing seemed to be motivated by misogynistic tendencies.

People that hold positions of responsibility need to be wary and considerate of these issues. Perhaps if your circumstances were different so too would be your opinions.

I said I believe in innocent until proven guilty (for all people) what has that got anything to do with the level of my sympathy towards the plight of women?  :rolleyes: You cretin. I don't have any opinions about the Kavanaugh trial/case/interrogation whatever nor have I expressed any. Since, as I told you, I haven't been following it.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 12:11:52 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline KoreaBoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #189 on: October 07, 2018, 10:51:28 AM »
Adel seem support the liberal 'mob justice' approach.

No real surprise there.

It seems you have to go to university to be taught that level of indoctrination.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #190 on: October 07, 2018, 01:51:46 PM »

Still more civilized than Charlottesville.

No real surprise there.

MAGA fan?

It seems you have to go to university to be taught that level of indoctrination.

Judging by all the sheep at Trump rallies they all attended Trump University.

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #191 on: October 07, 2018, 03:34:47 PM »

No real surprise there.

MAGA fan?

Charlottesville has nothing to do with this.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #192 on: October 07, 2018, 03:50:34 PM »

No real surprise there.

MAGA fan?

He brought up Liberal Mob Justice as somehow protesting for women's rights is a bad thing. I mentioned Charlottesville as a comparison of what a true "Mob" looks like.

As for the mob, look no further than Trump rallies and regular chants of "Lock her up!". The presumption of innocence it seems is only guaranteed as long as you are a right wing conservative. Hypocrisy abound!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 04:16:25 PM by Savant »

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #193 on: October 07, 2018, 04:42:22 PM »

No real surprise there.

MAGA fan?

While we are at it, guilt or innocence had nothing to do with it either. There was no trial to administer justice.
There was a hearing for a supreme court vacany for a candidate whose dishonest testimony, partisan leamings and unsavoury temperament were overlooked in favour of expiediency and clear ideological preferences.
To claim anything else only really demonstrates your ignorance of the events that have taken place.

Online VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #194 on: October 08, 2018, 05:05:13 AM »
As a non-American I can only shake my head at the whole process, wondering how anyone could support the antics on either side of the party divide.

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #195 on: October 08, 2018, 07:53:25 AM »

No real surprise there.

MAGA fan?

While we are at it, guilt or innocence had nothing to do with it either. There was no trial to administer justice.
There was a hearing for a supreme court vacany for a candidate whose dishonest testimony, partisan leamings and unsavoury temperament were overlooked in favour of expiediency and clear ideological preferences.
To claim anything else only really demonstrates your ignorance of the events that have taken place.

Yes. Your side is 100% right and the other side is a bunch of mustache twirling villians. Because that's how adults think.

The actual reality is that after the four people named by Ford as witnesses denied remembering anything, and one denied ever having met Kavanaugh, it should have ended then and there. If was a completely unsubstantiated allegation. Instead, we were treated to that circus sideshow, where a man got slandered as a sexual assaulter and gang rapist and THEN got criticized for being emotional about that. (by the same left that often argues that men need to be more in touch with their emotions instead of bottling them up, lol)

Ignorance? Like ignoring that Diane Feinstein held Ford's initial letter for more than a month before acting on it, deciding instead to wait until the last minute to delay the process in a shameless ploy to push the confirmation past the midterms? It was the weaponization of Ford's alleged victim status, and it's pretty clear that Americans by and large are seeing right through it. Seen any polling recently?

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #196 on: October 08, 2018, 08:03:04 AM »
As a non-American I can only shake my head at the whole process, wondering how anyone could support the antics on either side of the party divide.

That's the worst thing about this whole episode.  These are the only two parties in America.  People either vote for one or the other.  America really is a black/white choice for elections.  Either one is in power and the others oppose them on everything or the other one is in power being opposed on everything by the other party.  What I can take away from this is that McConnell (a despicable excuse for a human) has wanted this for years.  Nothing was going to stop him pushing through Kavanaugh, as he said.  What followed was the work of him, Graham (another joke of a person) and Grassley (another disgusting joke) 'ploughing' through with Kavanaugh regardless of anything that came up.  Murkowski seems to be the only one who voted the way of her constituents.  This whole episode showed politicians putting their party before their country.  The US is no better than a corrupt third world country anymore.

I appreciated the protester outside the Supreme Court holding a placard using the words "Devil's Triangle" with the heads of Trump, McTurtleface, and Grassley on each point.

Offline sh9wntm

• Veteran
« Reply #197 on: October 08, 2018, 08:14:35 AM »

Still on this are we? Did we really expect this to go any other way? This guy has a perfect reputation and has been in consideration for this job for years. Ford isn't pursuing any charges against him, which is telling, because she knows there's no case here. Uncorroborated claims against him should therefore have no consideration in the decision, which is what Susan Collins eloquently described in her speech.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #198 on: October 08, 2018, 08:41:38 AM »
He brought up Liberal Mob Justice as somehow protesting for women's rights is a bad thing. I mentioned Charlottesville as a comparison of what a true "Mob" looks like.

As for the mob, look no further than Trump rallies and regular chants of "Lock her up!". The presumption of innocence it seems is only guaranteed as long as you are a right wing conservative. Hypocrisy abound!
Charlottesville wasn't mob violence. It was a single nut in a car. That's no more a "mob" or representative of the left/right than the guy who shot Steve Scalise and tried to kill a bunch of Republican members of Congress. I don't think that guy represents leftists. Too many people on both sides of the aisle think those people are representative, rather than extreme outliers.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #199 on: October 08, 2018, 08:43:30 AM »
As far as guilt or innocence and "it's a job interview, not a trial". Most job interviews don't have sworn witness statements and surprise allegations of gang rape.

I for one, would like to see "innocent until proven guilty" broadly applied as a principle, rather than extremely narrowly.