March 25, 2019, 05:34:23 AM

Author Topic: Ford-Kavanaugh Hearing  (Read 8299 times)

Offline backonthebacon

• Newgookin
Re: Ford-Kavanaugh Hearing
« Reply #160 on: October 05, 2018, 07:52:49 AM »
Ford's credibility is falling the more comes out. The fact that she changed her story each time in response to the release of information that became public is deeply troubling. No one has been able to corroborate her story.

Ramirez's claim is not credible. She says she was incredibly intoxicated and that she only recalled the event 1) When she heard Kavanaugh's name in the news, and 2) After days of refreshing her memory with a lawyer (a Democratic operative). Ramirez called other classmates in an attempt to get them to verify the story and provided them as possible witnesses. None have any memory of the incident with a couple refuting it. Her one source that said that he had heard about her story, was not a witness, and named a source who has denied any memory of it.

Swetnick is a disaster. One minute of watching her interview and you can tell she's full of it. When the MSNBC interviewer is giving you the skeptical eye, you know it's bad. She contradicted her sword statement during her interview.

The fourth claim was second hand and has been rejected by the person in question

The fifth person withdrew their claim and has publicly apologized for making a false accusation.

There's nothing against Kavanaugh except the allegation by Ford, which is on really shaky ground to the point that the preponderance of the evidence favors Kavanaugh over her. Time for Kavanaugh to join the Supreme Court.
LOL. How about the fact that he lied (and lied and lied some more) under oath? I know you think lying is A-OK, but most folks don't. He's not credible. The story he's spun about himself is half fiction. He's also demonstrated that he doesn't have the temperament or the objectivity to be the Mayberry justice pf the peace let alone a supreme court justice.

What happened to that rule of law repugs were going on about? Is that only for folks of a different skin color?

Let's hear what the FBI has to say rather than repug operatives in their $1000 suits and blowdry helmets of hair (the ones that still have hair, that is).

Too bad the FBI investigation was essentially stifled by the White House...

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2018, 08:09:28 AM »
Ford's credibility is falling the more comes out. The fact that she changed her story each time in response to the release of information that became public is deeply troubling. No one has been able to corroborate her story.

Ramirez's claim is not credible. She says she was incredibly intoxicated and that she only recalled the event 1) When she heard Kavanaugh's name in the news, and 2) After days of refreshing her memory with a lawyer (a Democratic operative). Ramirez called other classmates in an attempt to get them to verify the story and provided them as possible witnesses. None have any memory of the incident with a couple refuting it. Her one source that said that he had heard about her story, was not a witness, and named a source who has denied any memory of it.

Swetnick is a disaster. One minute of watching her interview and you can tell she's full of it. When the MSNBC interviewer is giving you the skeptical eye, you know it's bad. She contradicted her sword statement during her interview.

The fourth claim was second hand and has been rejected by the person in question

The fifth person withdrew their claim and has publicly apologized for making a false accusation.

There's nothing against Kavanaugh except the allegation by Ford, which is on really shaky ground to the point that the preponderance of the evidence favors Kavanaugh over her. Time for Kavanaugh to join the Supreme Court.
LOL. How about the fact that he lied (and lied and lied some more) under oath? I know you think lying is A-OK, but most folks don't. He's not credible. The story he's spun about himself is half fiction. He's also demonstrated that he doesn't have the temperament or the objectivity to be the Mayberry justice pf the peace let alone a supreme court justice.

What happened to that rule of law repugs were going on about? Is that only for folks of a different skin color?

Let's hear what the FBI has to say rather than repug operatives in their $1000 suits and blowdry helmets of hair (the ones that still have hair, that is).

Too bad the FBI investigation was essentially stifled by the White House...

A whitewash in the whitest sense of the word. At least we have Kavanaugh's impeachment to look forward to.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2018, 08:47:52 AM »

Well let's go over those lies. Post some of them and we'll dissect them. It should be noted that ALL nominees will obfuscate some over their potential rulings so you can't apply a different standard to Kavanaugh.

Are liberal justices any less partisan? Do you think Kavanaugh is just going to yell and stamp his feet when on the bench? Give me a break.

As for the investigation, you don't know what the FBI looked into, nor its process. You're just parroting what Schumer has said.

Offline Andyman

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2018, 12:15:34 PM »
No outrage from the Republicans about Donald Trump falsely accusing George Soros of paying protestors. I thought maybe this idea that making false accusations against people is bad might actually stem some of the crazy shit on the right, at least until the Kavanagh vote takes place. Apparently that was just a fig leaf that quickly fluttered away on the winds of partisan strategy.

A tweet by talk radio star Michael Savage – whose show, the Savage Nation, reaches up to 11 million people according to industry website Talkers – last week alleged that Ford was tied to the CIA via her brother, her father, and Stanford University.

Savage claimed that Ford herself ran a CIA internship program at Stanford, that her brother’s former law firm “created” Fusion GPS (originators of the Trump “pee tape” dossier), that the firm was collocated (and therefore connected) with CIA-aligned companies run by her father, Ralph Blasey Jr, and that her grandfather was a CIA agent named Nicholas Deak.

The tweet summarized his argument with a screenshot of an all-caps post from Savage’s blog. This, in turn, was a recapitulation of the case he had yelled at his listeners several times in the days following Ford’s testimony (The Savage Nation, is perennially among the top 10 most listened to radio programs in the country, according to Talkers annual “Heavy 100” survey).

He has continued attacking Ford, often using baseless claims, as the country has waited for the FBI to complete its investigation, and for the Senate to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination.

None of the claims Savage made are true, as is painstakingly detailed in a rebuttal at Snopes. Stanford has no CIA internship program; Deak is not Ford’s grandfather; Ralph Blasey III was not working at law firm Baker Hostetler when it worked with Fusion GPS; her father has no relationship with most of the companies mentioned, and the one he does work for has no connection to the CIA.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/oct/05/christine-blasey-ford-rightwing-conspiracy-theorists-burst-your-bubble

Offline leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #165 on: October 06, 2018, 01:37:03 PM »

Well let's go over those lies. Post some of them and we'll dissect them. It should be noted that ALL nominees will obfuscate some over their potential rulings so you can't apply a different standard to Kavanaugh.

Are liberal justices any less partisan? Do you think Kavanaugh is just going to yell and stamp his feet when on the bench? Give me a break.

As for the investigation, you don't know what the FBI looked into, nor its process. You're just parroting what Schumer has said.

But that would knock down his straw house of ambiguous generalizations and unicorns coming out of pots of gold.  We can't have any of that here!!!

Here's my gogatoresque response "Anybody the repugs put up for nomination is going to be bad for this country.  Only Democrats know what is best!!  Source: the mirror I used to peer into my butthole".

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #166 on: October 06, 2018, 02:44:22 PM »
Trump apparently limited the scope of the FBI investestigation in order to protect the nominee.

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #167 on: October 06, 2018, 03:07:51 PM »
FBI agents were directed to interview just four people. ㅠ ㅠ

Yeah, the 4 people Ford said were at the party where she was allegedly assaulted. Who the hell else are they supposed to interview? Want them to go door to door and ask people if they once attended a party in the early 1980's at a house somewhere?

This 'investigation' was never going to turn up anything. It happened more than 30 years ago at an unspecified time at an unknown location. All her 'witnesses' don't remember anything like this, and one witness, her childhood friend, claims to have NEVER MET BRET KAVANAUGH. How people still think this claim is credible is beyond me. Anything to bludgeon your political opponents, I guess.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #168 on: October 06, 2018, 03:16:10 PM »
Trump apparently limited the scope of the FBI investestigation in order to protect the nominee.

Of course, he did. The Trumpicans were going to confirm Kavanaugh, regardless. They were never interested in finding out the truth.

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #169 on: October 06, 2018, 06:01:52 PM »

Offline freddyinkorea

• Veteran
« Reply #170 on: October 06, 2018, 09:58:03 PM »
First question to those that think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone.  Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Not a court case?  What job interview consists of allegations?  Pure evil to ruin someones life based on NO EVIDENCE. 

Sorry I would never sexually assault anyone, would stick up for women that were truly sexually assaulted, but this situation is totally bonkers. 

Also the FBI 7th investigation was about Ford's accusations, THEY INTERVIEWED THE PEOPLE THAT NEEDED TO BE, THOSE THAT WERE SUPPOSED WITNESSES.  OTHER CRAP DOES NOT COUNT, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?  The other accusations were so discredited they didn't need to be investigated any more, although they were were still investigated. 

Lol, stickup for woman while round housing a woman in the face.  Seems your side like using Shame a lot so I'll just leave it at that.

Offline KoreaBoo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #171 on: October 06, 2018, 10:56:08 PM »
The following video sums up the entire episode quite nicely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkQUdFMF0Zs

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2018, 02:54:09 AM »
First question to those that think Kavanaugh sexually assaulted anyone.  Do you believe in innocent until proven guilty? Not a court case?  What job interview consists of allegations?  Pure evil to ruin someones life based on NO EVIDENCE. 

Sorry I would never sexually assault anyone, would stick up for women that were truly sexually assaulted, but this situation is totally bonkers. 

Also the FBI 7th investigation was about Ford's accusations, THEY INTERVIEWED THE PEOPLE THAT NEEDED TO BE, THOSE THAT WERE SUPPOSED WITNESSES.  OTHER CRAP DOES NOT COUNT, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?  The other accusations were so discredited they didn't need to be investigated any more, although they were were still investigated. 

Lol, stickup for woman while round housing a woman in the face.  Seems your side like using Shame a lot so I'll just leave it at that.
Yelling, huh? Just like Lindsey and Bart. I guess that's what white privileged males do when they don't get what they want. Pout and scream unit mommy collins gives in.

FBI investigation was a sham. Bart lied and lied. He or his people were texting former associates threatening them if they came forward. These are not the actions of an innocent man.

1700+ lawyers singed a letter saying Bart was not fit. What does that tell you?

Do you believe in looking at the evidence before declaring someone innocent, Fred?

No, no don't cry.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2018, 04:01:53 AM »

It's not difficult to understand why the Incel community would warm to Kavanaugh's cause.

Offline MoneyMike

• Super Waygook
« Reply #174 on: October 07, 2018, 07:40:07 AM »

Yelling, huh? Just like Lindsey and Bart. I guess that's what white privileged males do when they don't get what they want. Pout and scream unit mommy collins gives in.

FBI investigation was a sham. Bart lied and lied. He or his people were texting former associates threatening them if they came forward. These are not the actions of an innocent man.

Do you believe in looking at the evidence before declaring someone innocent, Fred?

No, no don't cry.

What are you even talking about? Evidence that he was threatening people? No? Who cares what a single city worth of lawyers think? Don't cry?

You honestly seem unhinged.

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #175 on: October 07, 2018, 08:23:49 AM »

No, no don't cry.

What are you even talking about? Evidence that he was threatening people? No? Who cares what a single city worth of lawyers think? Don't cry?

You honestly seem unhinged.

Surely, you're not claiming that you've read the FBI report are you Mike? ;D

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #176 on: October 07, 2018, 09:07:37 AM »

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #177 on: October 07, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »

It's not difficult to understand why the Incel community would warm to Kavanaugh's cause.

Steven Crowder's married isn't he?

Online Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #178 on: October 07, 2018, 09:25:50 AM »

I didn't know that was Koreaboo's real name.
Are you married ?

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #179 on: October 07, 2018, 09:28:14 AM »

I didn't know that was Koreaboo's real name.
Are you married ?

Koreaboo's married too. As am I.