March 25, 2019, 09:04:18 PM

Author Topic: Are you a lifer?  (Read 6805 times)

Offline Ronnie Omelettes

• Veteran
Re: Are you a lifer?
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2019, 01:52:09 PM »
Yeah the air does blow over at this time of year.  When the winds shift direction in summer and at other times of the year, the pollution levels do drop quite a bit.

have you ever been outside?

Online Lazio

• Veteran
« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2019, 05:43:09 PM »
How many other OECD states are this close to China?  Tokyo is quite the distance away from China.

Well, *technically*, Japan is pretty close to the same distance. The shortest distance between South Korea and China is about 200 km while the shortest distance between Japan and China is only about 300 km.
It's not the distance that matters but the typical wind patterns.
The same wind that carries the shit from China to here, doesn't go all the way to Japan, especially not to the Tokyo area.
Korea has very bad air quality only when the wind blows from the West. That's a fact.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 05:46:23 PM by Lazio »

Online kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #102 on: March 06, 2019, 12:08:09 PM »
How many other OECD states are this close to China?  Tokyo is quite the distance away from China.

Well, *technically*, Japan is pretty close to the same distance. The shortest distance between South Korea and China is about 200 km while the shortest distance between Japan and China is only about 300 km.
It's not the distance that matters but the typical wind patterns.
The same wind that carries the shit from China to here, doesn't go all the way to Japan, especially not to the Tokyo area.
Korea has very bad air quality only when the wind blows from the West. That's a fact.

That's clearly true.
He asked a question, and I gave a technically correct but completely irrelevant answer.
I have to get that out of my system here on waygook, otherwise my students will never learn anything.