November 20, 2018, 02:06:55 PM

Author Topic: What Foreign Guys Don't Understand about Korean Girls  (Read 974 times)

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
What Foreign Guys Don't Understand about Korean Girls
« on: September 13, 2018, 04:32:46 PM »

I've watched lots of YouTube videos talking about Korea or Korean culture, but most of those YouTubers were foreigners. So I thought it would be interesting to make humorous videos about that as one of Koreans. I was born and raised in Korea, and never stayed or studied abroad. Therefore I didn't know foreign guys' perspective to see Korean girls. ..

Of course only a Korean could regard a Korean-American as a foreigner..
Catch my drift?

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: What Foreign Guys Don't Understand about Korean Girls
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 06:34:00 PM »

I've watched lots of YouTube videos talking about Korea or Korean culture, but most of those YouTubers were foreigners. So I thought it would be interesting to make humorous videos about that as one of Koreans. I was born and raised in Korea, and never stayed or studied abroad. Therefore I didn't know foreign guys' perspective to see Korean girls. ..

Of course, only a bigot could regard someone who is Asian, possibly Korean, and clearly Western as NOT a foreigner.

I guess Asians aren't 'real' foreigners.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 07:47:56 AM »

Of course, only a bigot could regard someone who is Asian, possibly Korean, and clearly Western as NOT a foreigner.

I guess Asians aren't 'real' foreigners.
You're pretty foreign.

Online sligo

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:07 AM »
What 99% of of all men in the world, no matter where they were born, or what culture (no matter how similar to Korean) do not understand about a tiny insignificant percentage of all the girls on this planet.

Disclaimer, does not represent the 20 million or so girls north of the 38th parallel that can rightly be called Korean.

Better title:

Hey look at me, I speak English and think I am funny!  There is no individuality on this peninsula!

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 08:31:58 AM »
Isn't the makeup on the subway a thing that women do period?

Going out on a limb here, but I'm guessing that a lot of women, regardless of country, facing a 45 minute commute and a 10-20 minute makeup routine would choose to hit the snooze button or get some coffee or whatever. Seems logical enough that many would do so in the subway, especially considering by then they might have finally woken up and possess sufficient coordination to do it. You probably don't want to do your makeup when you're foggy and bleary eyed.

I think when it comes to makeup, men should tread carefully. The worst is when guys say "It doesn't matter" or "Why do women bother?" It matters and it can significantly affect things.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:23:12 AM by Mr.DeMartino »

Offline debbiem89

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 09:08:51 AM »
Most of that stuff is pretty worldwide. There's no foreign guy I know that would be shocked that a girl couldn't make up her mind as to where she wants to eat....likewise that she might ask him to hold her bag while she pees.

Literally NONE of this is Korea specific/funny/surprising.

The only difference I'd say is the cleavage thing and I'm noticing more and more Korean girls wearing low cut stuff. Even that like it's different but western girls might be judgmental of a girl with her ass hanging out of her shorts so it's basically the same thing but a different body part.

Also I do my make up when I get to school (if i can get away with it) or on the bus etc. It's not a big deal and it's because I'm lazy and usually running late....not Korea specific at all.

Try again.

Offline KimDuHan

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »
Meh! Just like the foreigners in Korea where all foreigners are grouped into 4 styles.

What about foreigners from non-western countries?  Or foreigners that don't speak English? 

It's amazing how much long haired western men from Seattle know about all the foreigners in Korea.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 09:17:10 AM by KimDuHan »