November 16, 2018, 04:17:11 PM

Author Topic: What's your weekly diet like?  (Read 2021 times)

Online ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
What's your weekly diet like?
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:16:55 PM »
Pretty curious. Here's what I usually do:

월화수목 - Chicken breast, vegetables
금토일 - Usually drive to 맛집s within Seoul or the outskirts of Seoul

Online JVPrice

• Expert Waygook
Re: What's your weekly diet like?
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »
Monday - Thursday: I typically make rice bowls consisting of eggs, kim and mayo. I alternate between using Spam and Tuna as the primary meat. I wanna experiment with more meat options at some point

Friday: Typically delivery. Back home Friday was always Pizza day with my family. Here it's anything on Yo-Gi-Yo

Saturday - Sunday: Whatever restaurants I'm feeling.
The World Ends With You

Online #basedcowboyshirt

• Expert Waygook
  • My ring is a mansion.
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 02:39:25 PM »
Rotation of 된장찌개, 재육, spaghetti, grilled fish, steak, bok choy and tofu, baked omelettes, baked potatoes. Those are the staples that make up like 80% of our dinners. There's always lots of side dishes and stuff, too.

Eating out maybe once a week. Delivery maybe once a year. Fried chicken maybe once every two months.

Offline Kayos

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 02:39:50 PM »
Lately for lunch: A couple peanut butter sandwiches, and a couple pieces of fruit. Will be going back to pasta and chicken in the next week or 2, now that it is cooling down; as cooking at home during the summer makes my apartment a furnace, so I want to cook minimally during summer.

For dinner, usually beef or pork + vege stir fry. Friday night, I usually get mcdonalds or lotteria (Friday night is my eat out night, and I usually go the closest big city for groceries that day too, so I need something I can take home with me).

Offline Life Improvement

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 03:47:06 PM »
A good question is:

What's your weekly diet like?... and how's your health?

Online Cyanea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 03:58:41 PM »
Starting to get into the banana skins. Quick source of potassium.
Catch my drift?

Offline VanIslander

• Moderator LVL 1
  • Hero of Waygookistan
  • Lovin' the southernmost islands
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 05:52:41 PM »
Fresh fruit every day is my staple, along with a couple of handfuls of nuts and/or seeds (e.g., almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds).

And a morning cup of herbal tea.

Everything else just depends on whom I'm with, where we go, what's convenient or I have an appetite for (e.g., kalguksu two days ago, Johnny Walker and a salad last night).

Thanks to the scientific research into intermittent fasting, I no longer feel boxed into the three-square-meals-a-day kind of thinking. I can go an entire day or longer without the impulse to eat sometimes and when I suddenly feel like having something, I grab the mixed nuts, seeds or fruit that's on the counter.

Online Aristocrat

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 09:49:31 AM »

Breakfast - High carb*, some protein and fruits (Oats, Banana and milk with a scoop of whey)
(pack my own) Lunch - Carb and fibre*, protein and some fats (Lean chicken, broccoli and wild rice)
Supper - fibre, protein and fats (Veggies, lean meat and beans)

* Clean, slow release carbs like wild rice or oats.
* Usually green veggies for fibre

I'll have a protein bar for lunch too

On weekends, I spoil myself with either pancakes or an omelette, with avo, toast, some crispy fried salami and mushrooms.

While it sucks that I can't eat any meat, which I haven't ordered from a Muslim butcher in Seoul and cooked myself, it does mean I only eat fast food when traveling abroad and prepare 95% of my meals at home... My body is definitely thanking me for it.

Online tylerthegloob

• Super Waygook
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 09:56:01 AM »
breakfast - peanut butter sandwich and a protein shake
lunch - school lunch (yyyum)
snack - oatmeal with peanut butter (i like peanut butter) or eggs
dinner - pasta, chicken and rice, 순두부찌개  or go out/order in
late night snacking - protein shake, sometimes a pb sandwich or oatmeal if i didn't eat it earlier

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 09:57:40 AM »
Rice, pasta, bagels, fruit, lean poultry, eggs, Greek yogurt, ice cream, cheese, milk, coconut oil, butter.

Iíve lost about 40 pounds this year. I donít really have any dietary restrictions except avoiding omega-6 fats which are arguably the most unhealthy aspect of our modern day diets. They promote inflammation and suppress metabolism. I avoid eating oily foods in restaurants and to some extent avoid natural sources of omega-6 fats (fat in pork and poultry, nuts, seeds, eggs).

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 10:27:34 AM »
My weekly diet consists of Red-backed voles. I also eat other species of voles, mice, birds, flying squirrels, reptiles, and rabbits. Also I like to eat honey, insects, conifer seeds, worms, eggs, and even berries. All very very tasty.

Stop badgering everyone.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Offline sojuadventurer

• Super Waygook
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 10:48:42 AM »
My weekly diet consists of Red-backed voles. I also eat other species of voles, mice, birds, flying squirrels, reptiles, and rabbits. Also I like to eat honey, insects, conifer seeds, worms, eggs, and even berries. All very very tasty.

Stop badgering everyone.

He does not, in fact, eat badgers.  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Online mikeycknowsrnb

• Adventurer
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 11:58:57 AM »
Lost 39 pounds since I came in Feb. Dropped the first few naturally just by not having a car and access to my favorite foods. Then dropped a whole bunch when I officially started dieting.

During the weekday my routine is a nutrition bar for breakfast. I work in two schools and only eat lunch at 1 of them, so my lunch is  either the school lunch or a microwave meal similar to weight watchers. If I eat school lunch, I eat the microwave meal for dinner. If I had the microwave meal for lunch, I go to a local Korean restaurant and eat there. Gukbap, jigae, bulgogi, etc. The bar and meal combine to around 500 cal so I can eat a big dinner or eat a lot of the school lunch without worrying.

Friday nights and the weekend are my cheat days. I usually eat chicken and beer or go to some restaurant I found on FB or IG. Not sure if its the healthiest way but I've been able to stick to it, no prep, and drop 1-2 pounds every week or two.

Online Chinguetti

• The Legend
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 12:10:06 PM »
I don't have a set meal plan or anything, I just make whatever I feel like, but almost every meal includes some kind of fruit or vegetable (usually more than one) -- I try to include them in some way every time -- and I usually eat something protein heavy for at least one of those meals.

Common breakfasts are leftover dinners, fruit blended yogurt smoothies, high fiber cereals, oatmeal with honey, granola, eggs on avocado, etc. Sometimes things like pancakes and waffles, if I feel like making them (I usually don't, though).

Lunch or dinner are often made up of sandwiches, wraps, homemade soups and stews, steaks, chicken, brown rice, salads, etc. I like to eat a lot of scaly fish, too. Usually eat some fish every week.

I drink milk almost every day.

I might eat pasta once a month. Same with fast food.

And I drink protein shakes after every workout.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:15:17 PM by Chinguetti »

Online robin_teacher

• Super Waygook
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 12:12:57 PM »
You're all making me feel bad. My weekly diet is pretty chaotic.

Breakfast: a pint or so of black coffee.

Lunch: water and maybe some nuts or weird cheese-sticks if there are some in the teachers' office.

Dinner: if my SO is working then it's pretty much all meat (usually roast chicken), with some vegetables if I'm feeling guilty but often not, and a glass or 2 of wine. If my SO is home then either he cooks something Korean with lots of veg or we go for either 삼겹살, 전,  칼국수, or the like.

Late: if I get sugar-cravings and I'm too weak-willed to resist I'll get ice cream and/or sugary snacks.

Offline chimp

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 08:02:35 PM »
Hamburgers or pizza washed down with coke. Maybe an ice cream for dessert.
oo oo ahh ahh

Online oglop

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 08:31:08 PM »
best thing i did was buy a blender so i can have a smoothie for breakfast

Offline willhaviland

• Explorer
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2018, 03:08:48 PM »
Brekkers: 20 Lambert & Butler + 1L Johnny Walker .

After that, it tends to get blurry.

The Christopher Hitchens Diet: "Breakfast of champions; accept no substitutes."

Online Foreverparadise

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2018, 10:47:42 PM »
When I was living in Korea I always did my own cooking. I usually cooked chicken with vegetables,
and sometimes beef. Once a week I would cook paste, usually spaghett.
During my last year in Korea I switched to a vegetarian diet because of my battle against cancer.
Before I became a vegetarian I never ate pork or seafood except for salmon. After becoming a
vegetarian all animal flesh (from land or sea) was prohibited out of my diet. It was kind of
hard knowing the fact that Korea is not a vegetarian/vegan friendly country.

Offline apancoe

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2018, 07:40:49 AM »
i do meal prep on sundays. i love coming home from work/gym and not having to think about what to do for dinner or making something.

on sundays, i make 5 lunches which are basically like a burrito bowl. chicken breast, beans, corn, paprika, and whatever else i feel like. i was tossing in some jasmine rice but started going without it for the last month or so. i don't feel as heavy after lunch and have dropped 2 or 3 kgs.

Monday - Thursday for dinners, i go 2 chicken breasts and a small side salad. i'm a maniac for those McCormick spices and i've got like 80 so every night i use a different one on the chicken. the small side salads are 1,000 each at homeplus. For dessert, i do a protein shake before bed. I found a great french vanilla protein on IHerb and i have Cinnamon, pumpkin spice, and apple pie spice that i rotate every time. I've got a bit of a sweet tooth and chugging a cold protein shake prevents me from eating 80 oreos every night.

Friday is almost always pizza.

Saturday is whatever my girl wants to do for lunch and dinner.

Sunday is whatever for lunch, but dinner i usually make pasta or steak.
too many blueprints & not enough architects