January 23, 2019, 07:37:00 PM

Author Topic: Good for Donald Trump  (Read 5130 times)

Offline kengreen

• Expert Waygook
Good for Donald Trump
« on: September 03, 2018, 02:36:48 PM »
Donald Trump played golf during John McCain's funeral. And I couldn't be happier. John didn't want him at the event, so Donald took the afternoon off to have some fun. Good for him. He deserves it.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/us-president-donald-trump-arrives-at-golf-course-as-mccain-funeral-underway-2/
« Last Edit: September 03, 2018, 02:48:16 PM by kengreen »

Online Life Improvement

• The Legend
Re: Good for Donald Trump
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 04:34:58 PM »
Not worth it to think about politics. Especially events like that which have no impact on your life and which you cannot impact.

Better to think about... "Why am I so overweight? What can do to change that?" "Why am I making such meager sums of money? What can I do to raise that, especially because unlike most Americans, come retirement time I'll be on my own, unable to receive benefits?"

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 08:51:10 PM »
John McCain became a hero to many only after he could be utilized as a weapon against Trump.

"The eulogies are piling up, each trying to outdo the other in deifying him as a 'true American hero'. But was he anything of that sort, really?....

"As a US Navy pilot in America’s totally unjustified war in Vietnam, McCain was part of the killing machine that conducted the indiscriminate slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocent men, women and children. Nothing heroic about that....

"Maybe US President Donald Trump wasn't too far off the mark about McCain when he said in 2015: 'He's not a war hero. He's a hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured.'

"Of course, that's rich coming from a five-time draft dodger who avoided fighting for his country on the pretext of bone spurs, but you have to wonder what's up with all the liberals and progressives lining up to sing McCain’s praises now, when they once used to despise him. His feud with Trump must be a factor because Trump haters will put anyone who confronts the US president on a pedestal.

"McCain's rap sheet as a warmonger is so long, I don't have enough column space to display it. He was by far the most homicidal advocate of American military intervention throughout his political career, out to bomb, bomb, bomb everyone and their mum, from the Serbians in 1999 to the Iraqis during both the first Gulf war in the 1990s and the invasion of 2003. Afghanistan, Iran, Libya, Syria, Yemen – you name it, McCain wanted to nuke it....

"Certainly, in this part of the world, we don’t have to pay our last respects at all. To McCain, we were just a bunch of people to be dismissed using the equivalent of the N-word for Asians.

" 'I hate the gooks,' he once declared. 'I will hate them as long as I live.' "
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/2162347/john-mccain-was-chronic-warmonger-not-war-hero

Offline grey

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Cya West Japan aka Baby China
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 10:09:41 PM »
Here's a template that might will be useful in the future:

Donald Trump played golf during ___________. And I couldn't be happier. ____ didn't want him at the event, so Donald took the afternoon off to have some fun. Good for him. He deserves it.

Could you imagine what he would say? It would be a disaster.
Ko fills half his luggage with instant noodles for his international business travels, a lesson he learned after assuming on his first trip that three packages would suffice for six days. “Man, was I wrong. Since then, I always make sure I pack enough.”
-AP

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 12:22:15 AM »
Donald Trump played golf during John McCain's funeral. And I couldn't be happier. John didn't want him at the event, so Donald took the afternoon off to have some fun. Good for him. He deserves it.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/us-president-donald-trump-arrives-at-golf-course-as-mccain-funeral-underway-2/
If he deserves it, I guess all the inmates at Rikers, Angola, Leavenworth, Folsom, Attica, Sing sing, San Quentin and Parchman Farm deserve a round as well.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 09:05:33 AM »

If he deserves it, I guess all the inmates at Rikers, Angola, Leavenworth, Folsom, Attica, Sing sing, San Quentin and Parchman Farm deserve a round as well.

At the very least they deserve some more prison concerts. We need to bring back the Prison Special.

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 12:49:55 PM »

Just for a quick laugh.
What did he do again? 
Bonzai!

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2018, 12:59:04 PM »
Just for a quick laugh.
What did he do again?
Got elected.

Apparently he's committed tax fraud, even though the IRS has his taxes and audited him, and nothing has come up.

Apparently if someone from a foreign country says they have evidence of criminal activity of a candidate for public office, it's illegal for a private citizen to meet with them to determine the veracity of their claim (it isn't)

Apparently it somehow obstructs justice to fire your FBI director for not declaring publicly you're not a target of the investigation, even though he's told you privately you're not the target of the investigation.

Apparently having business ties to Russia is illegal.

Something something something, he was too friendly to Putin. Something something something never used Emoluments Clause.

In other words, it's a bunch of EMAILS!!!!!!!! and BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!! all over again, just a different party.

That being said, Donald Trump does not strike me as the cleanest person ever.

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2018, 02:17:06 PM »
We gather to mourn the passing of American greatness, THE REAL THING, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice, those that live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: #YOURENOTINVITED

Online Piggydee

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »
We gather to mourn the passing of American greatness, THE REAL THING, not cheap rhetoric from men who will never come near the sacrifice, those that live lives of comfort and privilege while he suffered and served. 

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: #YOURENOTINVITED

If they didn't like it they could leave  :laugh:
McCain's funeral was smack after smack on trump, all the while you have his half-wit daughter and eunuch son-in-law described as 'the most entitled pair you'll ever meet' sitting there like a pair of plums.  Also Ryan, McConnell and that crew just sitting at the front taking all these smacks......

Online Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2018, 02:34:37 PM »
Just for a quick laugh.
What did he do again?
Got elected.

Apparently he's committed tax fraud, even though the IRS has his taxes and audited him, and nothing has come up.

Apparently if someone from a foreign country says they have evidence of criminal activity of a candidate for public office, it's illegal for a private citizen to meet with them to determine the veracity of their claim (it isn't)

Apparently it somehow obstructs justice to fire your FBI director for not declaring publicly you're not a target of the investigation, even though he's told you privately you're not the target of the investigation.

Something something something, he was too friendly to Putin. Something something something never used Emoluments Clause.

In other words, it's a bunch of EMAILS!!!!!!!! and BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!! all over again, just a different party.

1) Well, Trump paid a $2,500 tax fine in 2016 (for illegal contributions to a DA considering whether to investigate "Trump University"), but truth is not truth, what you see and read are not real. At the moment, the NY DA has dotted the i's and crossed the t's in a suit charging the Trump Foundation with millions of dollars of violations.  Also forwarding material along for criminal proceedings.  Only the willfully or pathologically ignorant could say "nothing has come up".

2) What private citizen are you referring to? Officials in the Trump campaign, as I understood, which are assuredly NOT private citizens.

3) Having business ties to Russia is not illegal, but laundering money for the Russian mob is.  We'll see how this turns out, but it's not going to be good for Trump.

4) If Democratic congressmen not giving Trump a standing ovation at the SOTU is "treasonous", what do you call repeatedly siding with America's greatest geopolitical enemy on literally every issue from not interfering in the 2016 election to the whole Ukraine thing was fine? There is something deeply problematic about this president's willingness to cowtow to the Butcher of Grozny and not acknowledging it makes it hard to take one seriously.

5) Clinton is (likely) the most investigated person in the history of the US.  A dozen Hill investigations, the FBI, and so on spent years and years and millions of dollars trying to get her on ANYTHING and were unable to do it.  A single investigative team unber Bobby Three-sticks has in about a year gotten dozens of indictments, guilty pleas and criminal convictions.  How do you figure that's "just a different party"? Especially considering Mueller, Rosenstein et al are all lifelong Republicans.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2018, 03:07:16 PM »
1) Well, Trump paid a $2,500 tax fine in 2016 (for illegal contributions to a DA considering whether to investigate "Trump University"), but truth is not truth, what you see and read are not real. At the moment, the NY DA has dotted the i's and crossed the t's in a suit charging the Trump Foundation with millions of dollars of violations.  Also forwarding material along for criminal proceedings.  Only the willfully or pathologically ignorant could say "nothing has come up".

Civil, not criminal. Did you know the Obama campaign was fined $350k for breaking campaign finance law? These things tend to happen in large national campaigns with thousands of staffers. It's almost inevitable given the mounds of paperwork, regulations, and stuff to pour through in a compressed amount of time.

[2) What private citizen are you referring to? Officials in the Trump campaign, as I understood, which are assuredly NOT private citizens.

Until they're elected, they're private citizens. The only one who wasn't was Sessions, but the explanations for his contacts are pretty straight-forward: One was at a banquet where he met 100s of people, and one was as part of his role as Armed Services committee member- normal Washington business.

Now of course the media gins it up to make it look sinister and suckers fall for it.

We'll see how this turns out, but it's not going to be good for Trump.

We'll see. Could still happen, though it would be hard to see how exactly they pulled it off, considering the IRS has had Trump's taxes and he submitted his financial disclosures..... You also figure that Trump and his lawyers would KNOW this would come under scrutiny and that they would be guaranteed to be found out, which begs the question, why continue if they even knew that? One explanation is "Because Putin". Another explanation is because there was no wrongdoing.

what do you call repeatedly siding with America's greatest geopolitical enemy on literally every issue from not interfering in the 2016 election to the whole Ukraine thing was fine? There is something deeply problematic about this president's willingness to cowtow to the Butcher of Grozny and not acknowledging it makes it hard to take one seriously.

The Butcher of Grozny?????? Lol. How about calling Obama "The Butcher of Libya and Yemen" for his drone strikes?

Russia is NOT our greatest geopolitical enemy in my opinion. Remember when everyone laughed at Romney when he claimed that? Well I did too. You really buy into the Russian Pro-Putin propaganda that Putin is this evil supervillain that contols everything and is some master puppeteer? I don't buy Russian propaganda.

Russia wants a stable relationship between itself, the US, and the EU. They sell the EU LNG and Putin stays in power. What undercut that was us marching NATO to Russia's doorstep, akin to China or Russia marching their alliance right through Mexico. This was Clinton-NeoCon wreckless provocation. Russia could have stormed through Georgia and caused it to cease to exist. They didn't. They carved out a chunk and want Georgia to continue to exist so no one gets freaked out that it's Iron Curtain 2.0

What else does Russia do? Back Assad? Oh, you mean the guy who made sure that things like genocide of ethnic/religious minorities didn't happen? How terrible.

But you should be happy, Trump has pledged to supplant Russia as Germany' big supplier of LNG. Does the media hype that? No. Why? Because that doesn't fit the narrative you've bought.

5) Clinton is (likely) the most investigated person in the history of the US.  A dozen Hill investigations, the FBI, and so on spent years and years and millions of dollars trying to get her on ANYTHING and were unable to do it.  A single investigative team unber Bobby Three-sticks has in about a year gotten dozens of indictments, guilty pleas and criminal convictions.  How do you figure that's "just a different party"? Especially considering Mueller, Rosenstein et al are all lifelong Republicans.

Do you think they didn't get anything on her because she really was clean? Or do you think they didn't get anything on her because she had political protection and good lawyers and political leverage? Organized crime figures have gone under investigation for decades and not been brought down- doesn't mean they aren't dirty. If you want someone from politics, just look at the Daleys and Chicago.

You do realize that there's a substantial NeverTrump faction in the Republicans, right? In particular the NeoCon-Foreign Policy apparatus that came up through the Cold War and extended into the Bush era and the War on Terror. To them, they have more in common with Clinton and NeoLiberals than Trump. This is the Bush-McCain-Romney-Paul Ryan wing of the party that Republican voters have become increasingly disillusioned with.

And what has Mueller gotten indictment and pleas on? Anything truly substantial? If you look at all of them, they're process crimes and some of them are flimsy at best, the exception being Manafort who had a lifetime operation and was fired by Trump.

Manafort tried to cut a deal but couldn't. Why do you think that is? Do you think Mueller turned him down because he has a lot of dirt? Lol.

STILL NO COLLUSION.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2018, 03:16:25 PM »
Steels! Oh poor Steels! Carrying out his duties as part of the Cult of Trump, so well. Look, he's even swallowed the Russian Kool-aid (Vodka proof).

Russia and Assad are the good guys, remember? Repeat that ten times into a mirror to distort reality.

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2018, 03:18:17 PM »
Steels! Oh poor Steels! Carrying out his duties as part of the Cult of Trump, so well. Look, he's even swallowed the Russian Kool-aid (Vodka proof).

Russia and Assad are the good guys, remember? Repeat that ten times into a mirror to distort reality.

Personal insults, a sure sign you have logic on your side.

Online Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2018, 03:21:27 PM »

Personal insults, a sure sign you have logic on your side.

Do you wear your MAGA hat when you make Trump comments?

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Dharma Initiative
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2018, 03:30:33 PM »

Unless you are personally a life-long friend of Mueller and chat everyday, or you are party to the highly confidential inner-circle workings of the Special Counsel Investigation, then you have no idea.  Simple.

I see your Pharrell and raise you one Farrell.

Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky
With one hand waving free

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2018, 03:35:31 PM »
And what has Mueller gotten indictment and pleas on? Anything truly substantial? If you look at all of them, they're process crimes and some of them are flimsy at best, the exception being Manafort who had a lifetime operation and was fired by Trump.

Manafort tried to cut a deal but couldn't. Why do you think that is? Do you think Mueller turned him down because he has a lot of dirt? Lol.

STILL NO COLLUSION.

Unless you are personally a life-long friend of Mueller and chat everyday, or you are party to the highly confidential inner-circle workings of the Special Counsel Investigation, then you have no idea.  Simple.

You do realize that point works both ways, right?

Offline Adel

• Expert Waygook
  • Pants down
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2018, 03:54:54 PM »

STILL NO COLLUSION.

Make up your mind dude a few months ago you were arguing a variation of the crazy Giuliani line that everybody colludes, it was completely natural and not criminal.

Anyways that secret meeting at Trump Tower where his campaign sort  illegal cooperation with representatives from the Russian government in order to deceive others it pretty much public knowledge nowadays. Unless you'd prefer to revert  back to a crazy Giuliani narrative it might pay to google a definition of 'collusion' before your next cult chant. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 03:57:21 PM by Adel »

Online Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 04:03:52 PM »

STILL NO COLLUSION.

Make up your mind dude a few months ago you were arguing a variation of the crazy Giuliani line that everybody colludes, it was completely natural and not criminal.

Anyways that secret meeting at Trump Tower where his campaign sort  illegal cooperation with representatives from the Russian government in order to deceive others it pretty much public knowledge nowadays. Unless you'd prefer to revert  back to a crazy Giuliani narrative it might pay to google a definition of 'collusion' before your next cult chant.

Again, the Russians offered evidence of illegal activity. It is not a crime to meet with such people to determine the veracity of that information.

Do you think it should be? What if an alleged representative (or even just a private citizen) of China or Turkey or Iran said they had evidence that Trump engaged in illegal activity? Should officials or candidates be forbidden from meeting to determine the veracity of their claim?

Offline Chester Jim

• Expert Waygook
  • Getter Done
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 04:08:01 PM »
Just for a quick laugh.
What did he do again?
Got elected.

Wow emails and Benghazi .  Those were actually pretty serious.
So my theory is this. 
Every time someone says Russian collusion, I think of Bernie Sanders.  The moment Wikileaks revealed that democrats stole the election from Bernie,  Hillary invented a scape goat.  The story wasn’t Russians manipulated the election, they didn’t, assange said it wasn’t them, and there is no proof, the story was that Bernie got robbed. 
So Russian collusion equals the democrats stole the election from Bernie.   But these tools have forgotten and taken the bait. 
Bonzai!