August 22, 2018, 01:03:25 PM

Learn new things. Meet new people. Be inspired.
Check out a KOTESOL chapter event near you!
koreatesol.org/nc2018

Author Topic: Need for air con cleaners on tiny town  (Read 261 times)

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
Need for air con cleaners on tiny town
« on: August 10, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »
I am in need of a professional air conditioner cleaning but my county is a rural one in Gyeongnam near Changwon. It is a small wall mounted unit which has likely never been cleaned. Usable but moldy and smelly.

I've tried a few but Co-way does not service the area and Hyundai would not answer their phones. Can't get through to Samsung main line either.
Any leads on other companies? 
And please....
No, I can't and don't want to clean myself.

TIA

Online Lazio

• Adventurer
Re: Need for air con cleaners on tiny town
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »
Guys that are setting up and maintaining A/C units are super busy right now thanks to the unprecedented heat wave. Their schedule is full for the next week or more like 2. If you want to use the A/C right now, you got no other choice than cleaning it yourself. Or else, go/call to a Himart/Samsung or LG electronics store in a nearby bigger city and they will recommend a technician who will give you an appointment towards the end of the month when you won't even be needing the A/C that much.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:43:35 PM by Lazio »

Online Proctor

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:46:56 AM »
use that spray foam stuff until someone can come out.

Online gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 03:48:21 AM »
Use a Vornado instead of the AC. They're great.

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:08:23 AM »
I am in need of a professional air conditioner cleaning but my county is a rural one in Gyeongnam near Changwon. It is a small wall mounted unit which has likely never been cleaned. Usable but moldy and smelly.

I've tried a few but Co-way does not service the area and Hyundai would not answer their phones. Can't get through to Samsung main line either.
And please....

TIA

I came across this site searching around.  Contact them and see how it goes.  http://www.nicerent.com/clean/clean_aircon.asp

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »

And please....

TIA

I came across this site searching around.  Contact them and see how it goes.  http://www.nicerent.com/clean/clean_aircon.asp

Will do.  Appreciate it, PsychoGemini.

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:06:30 PM »

No problem.  Let me know if their service is good cause I'm thinking my A/C unit is in need of some cleaning as well.

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »

No problem.  Let me know if their service is good cause I'm thinking my A/C unit is in need of some cleaning as well.

Submitted request for an appointment.  They responded within 2 hours. So far, so good! I'll let you know if I am happy with the cleaning as well, assuming they are able to travel here.