December 14, 2018, 06:07:44 PM

Author Topic: Need for air con cleaners on tiny town  (Read 485 times)

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
Need for air con cleaners on tiny town
« on: August 10, 2018, 06:58:56 PM »
I am in need of a professional air conditioner cleaning but my county is a rural one in Gyeongnam near Changwon. It is a small wall mounted unit which has likely never been cleaned. Usable but moldy and smelly.

I've tried a few but Co-way does not service the area and Hyundai would not answer their phones. Can't get through to Samsung main line either.
Any leads on other companies? 
And please....
No, I can't and don't want to clean myself.

TIA

Online Lazio

• Veteran
Re: Need for air con cleaners on tiny town
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 07:24:10 PM »
Guys that are setting up and maintaining A/C units are super busy right now thanks to the unprecedented heat wave. Their schedule is full for the next week or more like 2. If you want to use the A/C right now, you got no other choice than cleaning it yourself. Or else, go/call to a Himart/Samsung or LG electronics store in a nearby bigger city and they will recommend a technician who will give you an appointment towards the end of the month when you won't even be needing the A/C that much.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2018, 07:43:35 PM by Lazio »

Offline Proctor

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2018, 12:46:56 AM »
use that spray foam stuff until someone can come out.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2018, 03:48:21 AM »
Use a Vornado instead of the AC. They're great.

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2018, 07:08:23 AM »
I am in need of a professional air conditioner cleaning but my county is a rural one in Gyeongnam near Changwon. It is a small wall mounted unit which has likely never been cleaned. Usable but moldy and smelly.

I've tried a few but Co-way does not service the area and Hyundai would not answer their phones. Can't get through to Samsung main line either.
And please....

TIA

I came across this site searching around.  Contact them and see how it goes.  http://www.nicerent.com/clean/clean_aircon.asp

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2018, 03:47:01 PM »

And please....

TIA

I came across this site searching around.  Contact them and see how it goes.  http://www.nicerent.com/clean/clean_aircon.asp

Will do.  Appreciate it, PsychoGemini.

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2018, 04:06:30 PM »

No problem.  Let me know if their service is good cause I'm thinking my A/C unit is in need of some cleaning as well.

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 08:08:58 AM »

No problem.  Let me know if their service is good cause I'm thinking my A/C unit is in need of some cleaning as well.

Submitted request for an appointment.  They responded within 2 hours. So far, so good! I'll let you know if I am happy with the cleaning as well, assuming they are able to travel here.

Offline Periwinkle

• Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2018, 08:27:45 AM »

Gemini,
Just wanted to let you know.  Service was prompt and excellent. My air con was disgusting and service man was sure to point everything out step by step. Not a job I could have done myself.   Looks like it had never been cleaned since I moved there and was sparkly clean afterwards.  Service man was from Coolway. Nicerent just contracts the service for expats.   Anyway, highly recommend them for your AC cleaning.

Thanks again!!! ;D
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 08:46:07 AM by Periwinkle »

Online PsychoGemini

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2018, 08:37:30 AM »
Gemini,
Just wanted to let you know.  Service was prompt and excellent. My air con was disgusting and service man was sure to point everything out step by step.    Looks like it had never been cleaned since I moved there and was sparkly clean afterwards.  Service man was from Coolway. Nicerent just contracts the service for expats.   Anyway, highly recommend them for your AC cleaning.

Thanks again!!! ;D

You're welcome!  And thanks for the review on their service.  Good to know they do quality work and I'll be contacting them when I can.