March 25, 2019, 05:54:51 AM

Author Topic: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting  (Read 6218 times)

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
Re: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting
« Reply #60 on: August 10, 2018, 09:30:57 PM »
Crap like this is why Trump won.
The Fox echo chamber at work. trump won because he energized the racists and the haters enough to get out and vote, with some help from his handler Putin.
You really think that is why he won?   If you poll Americans you can figure out what they care about.   At the very top were jobs and immigration.
America is not full of 50 million racists.  Absurd .
You're wrong. The evidence supporting my view is very strong. Even you admit it--immigration.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #61 on: August 10, 2018, 09:31:28 PM »
The Fox echo chamber at work. trump won because he energized the racists and the haters enough to get out and vote, with some help from his handler Putin.
You really think that is why he won?   If you poll Americans you can figure out what they care about.   At the very top were jobs and immigration.

I think to someone like gogators being concerned about immigration and being a racist are probably the same thing.
Show me the difference.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2018, 09:38:21 PM »
This is a perfect example of stuff that made me #walkaway and go from voting for Obama in 2008 to backing Trump and I'm going to vote straight Republican in 2018 and for the forseeable future as long as the Democrats promote this nonsense.

At worst the Republicans want to take us back to the 1880s-1890s. The Democrats want to take us into a dark unknown that is a mix of 1984 and Yugoslavia 1992. The 80s and 90s weren't perfect, but they sure beat what the Democrats are offering.

If you're sick of this stuff, even if you hate Trump, you have to vote Republican in 2018 or else Sarah Jeong and the Democrat's Racial Robespierres and their Committee for Public Racial Safety is the future we get.

FIFY.

So a vote for the repugs is a vote for racism? Got it.

As for trump:

Trump has been haunted from around the time of his election in 2016 by allegations that outtakes from the reality TV show exist in which he is heard saying the N-word and using other offensive language.

In her book, Unhinged, a copy of which was obtained by the Guardian ahead of its publication next week, the former Apprentice participant insists that the reports are true, although she does not say she heard him use the word herself.

She also claims that she personally witnessed Trump use racial epithets about the White House counselor Kellyanne Conways husband George Conway, who is half Filipino. Would you look at this George Conway article? she quotes the president as saying. F**ing FLIP! Disloyal! ****** Goo-goo.

Both flip and goo-goo are terms of racial abuse for Filipinos.

BTW, what the Democrats "are offering" is affordable health care, better paying jobs, a cleaner environment, employee and consumer rights, honest government and more.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2018, 06:24:56 AM »

I think to someone like gogators being concerned about immigration and being a racist are probably the same thing.
Show me the difference.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do

Offline UriNara

• Adventurer
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2018, 07:47:56 AM »
Is this your biggest problem of being discriminated? These are just few tweets. In comparison Koreans have been victims in world history for thousands of years. White people can not understand oppression like that. They have privilege even when they leave USA. They get jobs in Korea just because their race. Do not be a little whiny cry baby. Look at it in perspective.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2018, 08:12:48 AM »
Is this your biggest problem of being discriminated? These are just few tweets. In comparison Koreans have been victims in world history for thousands of years. White people can not understand oppression like that. They have privilege even when they leave USA. They get jobs in Korea just because their race. Do not be a little whiny cry baby. Look at it in perspective.

Koreans have not been victims in world history for thousands of years
Sarah Jeong has never been a victim in world history
Many white people have been victims in world history for hundreds of years e.g. The Irish, The Poles, the Jews.
People get jobs as teachers in Korea because they are native English speakers. This includes Black people, Brown people and Asian people. Some of these people get rejected due to Korean racism.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 08:22:37 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #66 on: August 11, 2018, 08:42:45 AM »

Many white people have been victims in world history for hundreds of years e.g. The Irish, The Poles, the Jews.
People get jobs as teachers in Korea because they are native English speakers. This includes Black people, Brown people and Asian people. Some of these people get rejected due to Korean racism.
World history can be a tough class. I heard the prof came on to Sarah and when she shot him down she lost her A+. Many people saw her as a victim.

The folks who discriminate(d) against the Irish, the Poles and the Jews didn't (don't) view them as fellow "white people." They saw them as genetically and/or culturally inferior.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #67 on: August 11, 2018, 08:55:30 AM »

World history can be a tough class. I heard the prof came on to Sarah and when she shot him down she lost her A+. Many people saw her as a victim.

The folks who discriminate(d) against the Irish, the Poles and the Jews didn't (don't) view them as fellow "white people." They saw them as genetically and/or culturally inferior.

With the Irish it was more about sectarianism than nationality or race. The poor Catholics were discriminated against and the Protestant landowners did pretty well. E.g. The Duke of Wellington.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #68 on: August 11, 2018, 09:22:36 AM »

Show me the difference.

Id just like to point out for all people  who view your posts from here on out  that you dont know the difference between race and culture.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 10:13:38 AM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2018, 08:14:22 AM »

Show me the difference.

Id just like to point out for all people  who view your posts from here on out  that you dont know the difference between race and culture.
You and your fellow travelers are defending white culture. The concern is mainly a fear of losing privilege and power due to changing demographics.

It's racism.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2018, 08:27:06 AM »
Racism = power + prejudice

I actually do find some value in that definition if applied at the individual level. We should probably be more concerned about a bigoted Korean American who is a member of NYT's editorial board than about a homeless white man who regularly says the n-word. Of course, the people who advocate defining racism that way want us to assume that white people are always powerful and non-white people are always powerless. However, reality is not that simple.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2018, 08:47:41 AM »

Show me the difference.

You and your fellow travelers are defending white culture. The concern is mainly a fear of losing privilege and power due to changing demographics.

It's racism.
What is best for the country? Laura Ingraham recently talked about unwelcome demographic changes being foisted on the American people. Back when many of my ancestors legally immigrated to America there was a shortage of low skilled labor. Immigrants were expected to pull their own weight and make a positive contribution to the country- even if that meant working long hours doing dangerous jobs for low pay. There was no such thing as welfare back then. A lot of things have changed since then. America can't absorb millions of low-skilled immigrants from third world countries without suffering serious harm.   

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2018, 10:35:16 AM »

Show me the difference.

It's racism.

Can't speak for the States but people in the UK are concerned about a whole range of issues connected to immigration, none of which are racist. Housing shortage, high rents, strain on the NHS, primary school places, lower standard of education due to low level of English, lowering of wages due to (White) Eastern Europeans undercutting British workers, grooming gangs and sharia law due to Muslim (not brown culture - no one minds the Sikhs and Hindus), the (white) Romanian crime wave https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/840643/Police-arrests-Romanian-figures-crime-wave.

Very few of these issues affect the people in power who benefit from the low cost Polish nannies and workmen and who live in predominantly white, middle class neighbourhoods. They affect the working classes of all colours.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2018, 10:49:14 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #73 on: August 13, 2018, 07:58:01 AM »
Racism = power + prejudice

I actually do find some value in that definition if applied at the individual level. We should probably be more concerned about a bigoted Korean American who is a member of NYT's editorial board than about a homeless white man who regularly says the n-word. Of course, the people who advocate defining racism that way want us to assume that white people are always powerful and non-white people are always powerless. However, reality is not that simple.
Yea, that's why trump's cabinet is chock-full of minorities. There's reality for you.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #74 on: August 13, 2018, 08:03:22 AM »

Show me the difference.

It's racism.
What is best for the country? Laura Ingraham recently talked about unwelcome demographic changes being foisted on the American people. Back when many of my ancestors legally immigrated to America there was a shortage of low skilled labor. Immigrants were expected to pull their own weight and make a positive contribution to the country- even if that meant working long hours doing dangerous jobs for low pay. There was no such thing as welfare back then. A lot of things have changed since then. America can't absorb millions of low-skilled immigrants from third world countries without suffering serious harm.
Yesterday and today I dined at restaurants with help wanted signs that are there every time I've eaten there. Curious, I asked about them and was told it's really hard to get people to apply.

As for "suffering serious harm," I'm from Missouri--show me rather that "foisting" unsubstantiated claims.

No Central American immigrant has committed an act of terror in the US. While the Americans you and Laura are defending have been up to lots of no good.

This isn't about low-skilled workers--this is racism.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2018, 10:11:40 AM »
Having little restrictions on immigrant labor is just a bad practice. Even if you're pro-large scale immigration, you should still support a legal framework system and controlled entry, simply for registration for benefits and identification and everything. The system we have right now where we have large numbers of people entering, without tracking, and with a porous border is not sustainable.

You can also favor less immigration and not be racist. If you're simply looking at labor supply and demand and its effects on wages, one can favor more or less immigration as economic conditions necessitate.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2018, 11:00:17 AM »

Show me the difference.

It's racism.
Yesterday and today I dined at restaurants with help wanted signs that are there every time I've eaten there. Curious, I asked about them and was told it's really hard to get people to apply.

As for "suffering serious harm," I'm from Missouri--show me rather that "foisting" unsubstantiated claims.

No Central American immigrant has committed an act of terror in the US. While the Americans you and Laura are defending have been up to lots of no good.

Come back in 20-30 years after much of America has been transformed into a third world country and tell me that you see no harm.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »

Show me the difference.

It's racism.

So everyone can defend  their culture but not.....
Bonzai!

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2018, 11:17:07 AM »

Show me the difference.

It's racism.

They have only murdered something like 25000 us citizens in the last two decades.
Bonzai!

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2018, 01:28:23 PM »
They have only murdered something like 25000 us citizens in the last two decades.
Seems unlikely.
Source?