March 25, 2019, 06:10:52 AM

Author Topic: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting  (Read 6220 times)

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2018, 11:45:59 AM »
Talk about echo chambers...

Go ahead and campaign on that- call people who voted for Trump racist and haters and they did so because of Putin. That's sure to produce electoral results.

Or you could say because it was a "change" election where BOTH parties had insurgent candidates riding a wave of deep discontent at the status quo, the Democrats alienating many people in the Midwest with their SJW talk, Hillary's terrible campaign strategy and branding, and finally her getting tossed into the back of a van like a sack of potatoes at Ground Zero on the anniversary of 9/11 after the media had said claims about her health were just a "crazy right-wing conspiracy theory".

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 02:23:40 PM »
Predjudice plus power is such garbage.  I mean no one believes it.  Itís just so obvious.
Thereís no mathematical formula to prove that black or Asian people cannot be racist.  But there are a lot of cases that prove that many of them are.   Just poll them .  If they say whites are evil, is that not racist? Farrakhan teaches that whites were born of a failed science experiment and have to be eliminated from the earth. 
You says whites have power, but did the police officers who were brutally beaten, one murdered, by Farrakhan and his followers after being lured into a mosque in 1972, have any power?   Do you have power if you are walking through the worst neighborhoods in Chicago, or are simply a white minority among a crowd?
Until the left admits that it has a problem with racist people of color, I will never vote for them again. 
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:25:49 PM by Chester Jim »
Bonzai!

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2018, 02:35:56 PM »
Predjudice plus power is such garbage.  I mean no one believes it.  Itís just so obvious.
Thereís no mathematical formula to prove that black or Asian people cannot be racist.  But there are a lot of cases that prove that many of them are.   Just poll them .  If they say whites are evil, is that not racist? Farrakhan teaches that whites were born of a failed science experiment and have to be eliminated from the earth. 
You says whites have power, but did the police officers who were brutally beaten, one murdered, by Farrakhan and his followers after being lured into a mosque in 1972, have any power?   Do you have power if you are walking through the worst neighborhoods in Chicago, or are simply a white minority among a crowd?
Until the left admits that it has a problem with racist people of color, I will never vote for them again.

Korean in Korea: N-word. (That's racist)

12 hour flight to New York

Korean in NYC: N-word (Well, you see, the white people..............)

Gogators is basically saying I can say whatever the hell I want to about the locals here. Every racist word under the sun and I can't be racist. I can only be prejudiced.

I've told him before and I'll tell him again, prejudice people are shitbags. Racist people are shitbags.

Potato/Potahto
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 02:37:41 PM by CO2 »
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2018, 02:36:27 PM »
Crap like this is why Trump won.
The Fox echo chamber at work. trump won because he energized the racists and the haters enough to get out and vote, with some help from his handler Putin.
You really think that is why he won?   If you poll Americans you can figure out what they care about.   At the very top were jobs and immigration.
America is not full of 50 million racists.  Absurd .
Bonzai!

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2018, 03:11:17 PM »
Crap like this is why Trump won.
The Fox echo chamber at work. trump won because he energized the racists and the haters enough to get out and vote, with some help from his handler Putin.
You really think that is why he won?   If you poll Americans you can figure out what they care about.   At the very top were jobs and immigration.
America is not full of 50 million racists.  Absurd .

I think to someone like gogators being concerned about immigration and being a racist are probably the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2018, 03:38:59 PM by eggieguffer »

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2018, 03:51:48 PM »

"Luckily for Jeong, the way 'white men' saw the world in the 50s was that South Korea should be free."
-Ann Coulter
https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1025902921651834880

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2018, 03:59:55 PM »
I'm curious but do lesbians actually find short hair in garish dyed colours attractive, or do they wear it like that just because most men don't find it attractive?

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2018, 12:45:50 AM »
I'm curious but do lesbians actually find short hair in garish dyed colours attractive, or do they wear it like that just because most men don't find it attractive?
Don't you know any lesbians you can ask?

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2018, 05:51:48 AM »
Listen to this joker.

'Historically Asian Americans (including Koreans) have been subjugated and abused in this country'...'we burned their villages..' WTF? Can all Asians just claim victim hood for the Japanese internment camps now? Does that mean I can claim victim hood for the holocaust?

"Neither one of us has experienced what she's experienced, I don't know what she's experienced..' Duh. No doubt she went through the usual trauma growing up of white people asking her where she was really from and assuming she was good at maths

« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 06:22:11 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2018, 08:57:00 AM »
This is a perfect example of stuff that made me #walkaway and go from voting for Obama in 2008 to backing Trump and I'm going to vote straight Republican in 2018 and for the forseeable future as long as the Democrats promote this nonsense.

At worst the Republicans want to take us back to the 80s-90s. The Democrats want to take us into a dark unknown that is a mix of 1984 and Yugoslavia 1992. The 80s and 90s weren't perfect, but they sure beat what the Democrats are offering.

If you're sick of this stuff, even if you hate Trump, you have to vote Republican in 2018 or else Sarah Jeong and the Democrat's Racial Robespierres and their Committee for Public Racial Safety is the future we get.

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2018, 09:00:47 AM »
This is a perfect example of stuff that made me #walkaway and go from voting for Obama in 2008 to backing Trump and I'm going to vote straight Republican in 2018 and for the forseeable future as long as the Democrats promote this nonsense.

At worst the Republicans want to take us back to the 80s-90s. The Democrats want to take us into a dark unknown that is a mix of 1984 and Yugoslavia 1992. The 80s and 90s weren't perfect, but they sure beat what the Democrats are offering.

If you're sick of this stuff, even if you hate Trump, you have to vote Republican in 2018 or else Sarah Jeong and the Democrat's Racial Robespierres and their Committee for Public Racial Safety is the future we get.

Once you're in the Cult of Trump; it's hard to get out.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »

Once you're in the Cult of Trump; it's hard to get out.

If the Democrats went back to being a coalition of Blue Dogs, Southern New Dealers, and Minnesota Farm-Labor types they might get my attention.

But Wokefest 2018? #walkaway

Offline slycordinator

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2018, 09:42:35 AM »
The irony (or perhaps reason for this stuff) is that her ex is white and she's said she likes white dudes.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2018, 02:32:03 PM »
We burned their villages!

WOT
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline pit23

• Adventurer
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2018, 03:11:34 PM »
When did this place turn into an offshoot of Breitbart?

Offline sh9wntm

• Veteran
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2018, 08:05:55 PM »
Hillary lost the election, most people didn't want to vote for Trump. Her campaign was all about this SJW/ equality/ we're all victims  campaign  that singled out every demographic except heterosexual white men. Well, turns out most people don't give a flying f*ck about any of that stuff. And they also thought her intent seemed really shady and inauthentic.

Trump focused on things that appealed directly to people's well-being: jobs, security, taxes. Despite his outrageous comments, it made him look like a "human" who makes honest mistakes.

He energized some racists, but again, normal people do not care about vain judgements of people by race. They just want to put food on the table.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2018, 08:57:03 PM »
Hillary lost the election, most people didn't want to vote for Trump. Her campaign was all about this SJW/ equality/ we're all victims  campaign  that singled out every demographic except heterosexual white men. Well, turns out most people don't give a flying f*ck about any of that stuff. And they also thought her intent seemed really shady and inauthentic.

Trump focused on things that appealed directly to people's well-being: jobs, security, taxes. Despite his outrageous comments, it made him look like a "human" who makes honest mistakes.

He energized some racists, but again, normal people do not care about vain judgements of people by race. They just want to put food on the table.
She won the popular vote, even with the russki influence and the FBI e-mail investigation.

Research shows it was not economic insecurity that motivated trump voters--a good example is the recent repug primary in a rich Virginia district won by the far-right racist candidate--but racist nativism.

Research shows your conclusion is wrong.

Offline Chester Jim

• Hero of Waygookistan
  • Getter Done
« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2018, 08:02:33 AM »

She won the popular vote, even with the russki influence and the FBI e-mail investigation.

Research shows it was not economic insecurity that motivated trump voters--a good example is the recent repug primary in a rich Virginia district won by the far-right racist candidate--but racist nativism.

Research shows that you donít really know what you are talking about.. 
Bonzai!

Offline Savant

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2018, 08:25:44 AM »

Research shows that you donít really know what you are talking about..

InfoWars doesnít count.

Offline eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2018, 08:52:35 AM »
Jesus guys, just saying the names of media outlets as an argument is so tired and pointless. Nor is it witty or clever. It's no different from just mindlessly calling someone a fascist or a communist. Can we dispense with it.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 08:56:24 AM by eggieguffer »