March 27, 2019, 08:23:24 AM

Author Topic: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting  (Read 6251 times)

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan

Doesn't look like many people are buying her explanation:
https://twitter.com/sarahjeong/status/1025049961472253957

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
Re: NYT hires Korean-born journalist despite history of racist tweeting
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 12:53:23 PM »
She can take a hike back to Korea.

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 12:59:14 PM »
There's no excuse for this.

And no, racism = power+privilege doesn't wash. Screw this woman and all who think like her.

I've had far left friends tell me that when minorities say shit like this, that they're "just venting/you actually believe them? lol"

This shit don't wash. Ever.

Let them know how you feel.

https://help.nytimes.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015385887-Contact-us
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 01:02:00 PM by CO2 »
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 01:03:34 PM »
The problem is that she is one of those people who cheer on SJW lynch mobs.

If she were a comedienne who bashed everyone, no problem. But she's not. She's just another SJW racist.

Offline MayorHaggar

• The Legend
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 01:38:41 PM »
She's just telling it like it is and isn't pulling any punches, how is she any different from Trump and his cult?

And lol NRATV. You people actually watch pro-murder videos?
Quote from: Mr.DeMartino on Yesterday at 01:40:32 PM

Trump is a liar and a con man.

Offline sh9wntm

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2018, 03:01:42 PM »
Can you imagine if she said those things about any other people? She wouldn't be hired anywhere. But when she says it about white people, she's a hero standing up for oppression.

What's more bothersome is these news outlets pose as objective sources, and yet they are so clearly ideologically driven to benefit there own agenda.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2018, 09:02:09 PM »
The problem is that she is one of those people who cheer on SJW lynch mobs.

If she were a comedienne who bashed everyone, no problem. But she's not. She's just another SJW racist.
There are no SJW lynch mobs. That's like comparing drumpf to Hitler, your pet bugbear.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2018, 09:06:36 PM »
Great to see the right-wing hypocrisy at work. the same people who consistently attack political correctness now getting all hot and bothered when they feel targeted, rather than the other way around.

Whiteness isn’t a cultural identity the way being black, Japanese American or Jewish is. Cabrera listed off examples of government policies that targeted various racial groups, including the Chinese Exclusion Act and Operation Wetback, calling racism a “systemic reality” that necessarily favors white people.

“You hear that all the time: Substitute white and put in minority group x,” he said. “The term racism is not the equivalence of prejudice or bigotry. It’s an analysis of social inequality along the color lines and an analysis of power dynamics and social oppression. None of which has ever been in the hands of people of color or communities of color: There’s never been the social structure to be able to oppress white people.”

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2018, 09:21:38 PM »
Great to see the right-wing hypocrisy at work. the same people who consistently attack political correctness now getting all hot and bothered when they feel targeted, rather than the other way around.

Whiteness isn’t a cultural identity the way being black, Japanese American or Jewish is. Cabrera listed off examples of government policies that targeted various racial groups, including the Chinese Exclusion Act 1882-1943 and Operation Wetback 1954 with the help and okay from the Mexican government, calling racism a “systemic reality” that necessarily favors white people.

“You hear that all the time: Substitute white and put in minority group x,” he said. “The term racism is not the equivalence of prejudice or bigotry. It’s an analysis of social inequality along the color lines and an analysis of power dynamics and social oppression. None of which has ever been in the hands of people of color or communities of color: There’s never been the social structure to be able to oppress white people.”

If you tell other races that they're shit, or to kill them, or "cancel them" you're racist.

But, here you go, I'll throw you a bone. Let's say that, by your reasoning, that they're NOT racist.

They're still awful, shit people with despicable views and should be shamed for their PREJUDICE, BIAS, AWFUL **** BEHAVIOUR, what have you.

Do you disagree? Why are you so keen on defending these people? I'm against racial prejudice in all forms, from any race. You're against some.

That makes me objectively better than you, by the way. There's no room for debate.
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2018, 09:29:02 PM »

Whiteness isn’t a cultural identity the way being black, Japanese American or Jewish is. Cabrera listed off examples of government policies that targeted various racial groups, including the Chinese Exclusion Act 1882-1943 and Operation Wetback 1954 with the help and okay from the Mexican government, calling racism a “systemic reality” that necessarily favors white people.

If you tell other races that they're shit, or to kill them, or "cancel them" you're racist.

But, here you go, I'll throw you a bone. Let's say that, by your reasoning, that they're NOT racist.

They're still awful, shit people with despicable views and should be shamed for their PREJUDICE, BIAS, AWFUL **** BEHAVIOUR, what have you.

Do you disagree? Why are you so keen on defending these people? I'm against racial prejudice in all forms, from any race. You're against some.

That makes me objectively better than you, by the way. There's no room for debate.
"By your reasoning"--not solely mine by a long shot.

And
you do realize she was responding to online trolls, right?

“Online trolls and harassers want us, the Times, and other newsrooms to waste our time by debating their malicious agenda,” the site’s editors said in a statement. “They take tweets and other statements out of context because they want to disrupt us and harm individual reporters. The strategy is to divide and conquer by forcing newsrooms to disavow their colleagues one at a time. This is not a good-faith conversation; it’s intimidation. So we’re not going to fall for these disingenuous tactics. And it’s time other newsrooms learn to spot these hateful campaigns for what they are: attempts to discredit and undo the vital work of journalists who report on the most toxic communities on the Internet.”

Debate you say? LOL.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2018, 07:53:27 AM »
"Let me explain why I think this is the purest of bullshit. If you want to respond to trolls by trolling them, you respond to them directly. You don’t post slurs about an entire race of people (the overwhelming majority of whom are not trolls) on an open-forum website like Twitter. And these racist tweets were not just a function of one sudden exasperated vent at a harasser; they continued for two years. Another tweet from 2016 has her exclaiming: 'f**k white women lol.'...

"And I don’t think the New York Times should fire her — in part because they largely share her views on race, gender, and oppression. Their entire hiring and editorial process is based on them....

"Scroll through left-Twitter and you find utter incredulity that demonizing white people could in any way be offensive. That’s the extent to which loathing of and contempt for 'white people' is now background noise on the left.What many don’t seem to understand is that their view of racism isn’t shared by the public at large, and that the defense of it by institutions like the New York Times will only serve to deepen the kind of resentment that gave us Trump.... 

"The neo-Marxist analysis of society, in which we are all mere appendages of various groups of oppressors and oppressed, and in which the oppressed definitionally cannot be at fault, is now the governing philosophy of almost all liberal media."
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/sarah-jeong-new-york-times-anti-white-racism.html

The NYT might as well hire her. She fits in well. She's just more obvious about her biases.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2018, 08:30:41 AM »
"Let me explain why I think this is the purest of bullshit. If you want to respond to trolls by trolling them, you respond to them directly. You don’t post slurs about an entire race of people (the overwhelming majority of whom are not trolls) on an open-forum website like Twitter. And these racist tweets were not just a function of one sudden exasperated vent at a harasser; they continued for two years. Another tweet from 2016 has her exclaiming: 'f**k white women lol.'...

"And I don’t think the New York Times should fire her — in part because they largely share her views on race, gender, and oppression. Their entire hiring and editorial process is based on them....

"Scroll through left-Twitter and you find utter incredulity that demonizing white people could in any way be offensive. That’s the extent to which loathing of and contempt for 'white people' is now background noise on the left.What many don’t seem to understand is that their view of racism isn’t shared by the public at large, and that the defense of it by institutions like the New York Times will only serve to deepen the kind of resentment that gave us Trump.... 

"The neo-Marxist analysis of society, in which we are all mere appendages of various groups of oppressors and oppressed, and in which the oppressed definitionally cannot be at fault, is now the governing philosophy of almost all liberal media."
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/08/sarah-jeong-new-york-times-anti-white-racism.html

The NYT might as well hire her. She fits in well. She's just more obvious about her biases.
Trolling etiquette--LOL.

Andrew Sullivan
@sullydish
 I’m English by origin. As a people, we will never stop giggling at funny names and Asian accents: http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/08/02/you-think-weiner-is-bad-ctd-4/

5:14 PM - Aug 2, 2013

Older readers may recall Sullivan championed “Trig Trutherism.” This was the theory that 2008 GOP vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin was not the mother of her then-newborn son Trig and that her pregnancy was faked for political reasons. Sullivan persisted in this delusion for years, no matter how many times it was debunked (notably by Salon), before he tried in 2012 to pretend he had never made the claim.

This was Sullivan’s most-publicized conspiracy theory, but it was far from the first he embraced. There was the time he posted a video from… Alex Jones claiming that Vice President Dick Cheney’s hunting accident, in which he shot Harry Whittington, was less than an accident. (Sullivan didn’t back down when challenged, either.)

When U.S. and U.K. authorities foiled a spectacular terror plot to blow up airplanes over the Atlantic Ocean in 2006, Sullivan wondered whether President Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair had acted in part because pro-war Sen. Joe Lieberman lost a primary to progressive Ned Lamont. Just asking questions, you understand.

Sullivan also long wondered whether Cheney and Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld intentionally set out to fail in the Iraq War, in pursuit of what he oh-so-subtly called “the Likud strategy.” Years later he would claim that the “neocons” were uninterested in freedom but were in part “about warfare against Israel’s perceived enemies.”

neo-Marxism indeed.

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2018, 11:29:56 AM »

He doesn't have to go back as far as 1882, Asians are being systematically discriminated against in the US today, in favour of black people, because they're not as good at getting into university. Though I guess he's not interested in that kind of systematic racism as it doesn't fit in with his f--k white people agenda.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/jun/15/harvard-sued-discrimination-against-asian-americans

It's quite simple. if you come across anyone who claims non whites can't be accused of racism, just tell them you're using the original meaning of the word - racial prejudice or discrimination - found in any dictionary. 

Online CO2

• The Legend
  • Feeling Grabby?
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2018, 01:05:11 PM »
It's quite simple. if you come across anyone who claims non whites can't be accused of racism, just tell them you're using the original meaning of the word - racial prejudice or discrimination - found in any dictionary.
No, no. Agree with them and then ask

"But you're still treating a race differently due to nothing but their race, ya?"

"Yes."

"So you're a complete piece of shit then (under a new name), ya?"
The joys of fauxtherhood

Offline Kolao

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2018, 02:16:54 PM »
Anyone calls me a racist & I'll see them on the golf course where we'll settle it like hackers.
When the wicked are confounded, and consigned to flames of woe, call me.

Offline CDW

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2018, 07:28:16 AM »
CNN's response was surprisingly well-balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0yQRAbi5uc

Online eggieguffer

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2018, 08:25:02 AM »
CNN's response was surprisingly well-balanced.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0yQRAbi5uc

Yes it was, the black woman was outnumbered and floundering. Still not sure about the prejudice + power thing though. Does that mean that if she tweeted those comments while back in Korea they'd be properly racist but because she's an ethnic minority in the country she happens to be living in, it's not? Does that mean I can't be racist while I'm living in Korea? It could also be argued Asians as a race have more power in the world than whites and as a group they out earn whites in the US. Or is it all, as I suspect, just a roundabout way of saying only white people can be racist?
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 10:36:36 AM by eggieguffer »

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2018, 08:34:37 AM »

He doesn't have to go back as far as 1882, Asians are being systematically discriminated against in the US today, in favour of white people, because they're not as good at getting into university. Though I guess he's not interested in that kind of systematic racism as it doesn't fit in with his f--k white people agenda.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2018/jun/15/harvard-sued-discrimination-against-asian-americans

FIFY.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2018, 08:42:57 AM »
Crap like this is why Trump won.

Offline gogators!

• The Legend
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2018, 11:24:38 AM »
Crap like this is why Trump won.
The Fox echo chamber at work. trump won because he energized the racists and the haters enough to get out and vote, with some help from his handler Putin.