December 15, 2018, 04:15:28 AM

Ohmyzip.com From US To Korea - $7.50 (LB)
[SHOP US, SHIP KOREA] From $7.50 (1LB) + $1.74 per pound only! Use the Ohmyzip U.S. a tax-free state address as your shipping address at checkout. Sign up now to get a 10% off coupon on shipping. <Freight Forwarding Service / Courier Service>
http://www.ohmyzip.com/

Author Topic: Missed Connections  (Read 1516 times)

donovan

Missed Connections
« on: July 06, 2018, 06:37:58 AM »
I first saw you weeks ago in the transfer corridor between the two line and Shinbundang. We both were going full pace through the crowds, taking the steps two at a time, to catch the next train so we wouldnít be bothered to wait another 6 minutes for the next. I started slightly behind you but eventually overtook you just before the turnstiles. I turned sharply to climb down the first stair case, at which point I bumped in to you on your wait to the next staircase, apparently having upped your pace. I said sorry in Korean at first not realizing whom I had bumped. I didnít correct myself in part because we both were moving so fast, in part because you were wearing headphones, in part because of the apparent scowl on your face, and in large part because I felt it was mostly your fault.  I didnít see you again until we both got off at the same stop, racing toward the exits, and then again in the same corridor just yesterday evening.

Me: A poorly shaven, umbrella eopneun, curly haired, ajae-shirt wearing white guy of average height and build.

You: A stout white man of at least 190 centimeters with reddish brown hair and imposing in build, facial expression, and aggressive walking habits.

See you around~

donovan

Re: Missed Connections
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 07:26:48 AM »
Doesn't Shinbundang underground have mirrored walls?

That would explain the instant attraction.

As well as the simultaneous revulsion. :sad:

Offline bigfishlittlefish

• Veteran
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 08:57:40 AM »
I first saw you weeks ago in the transfer corridor between the two line and Shinbundang. We both were going full pace through the crowds, taking the steps two at a time, to catch the next train so we wouldnít be bothered to wait another 6 minutes for the next. I started slightly behind you but eventually overtook you just before the turnstiles. I turned sharply to climb down the first stair case, at which point I bumped in to you on your wait to the next staircase, apparently having upped your pace. I said sorry in Korean at first not realizing whom I had bumped. I didnít correct myself in part because we both were moving so fast, in part because you were wearing headphones, in part because of the apparent scowl on your face, and in large part because I felt it was mostly your fault.  I didnít see you again until we both got off at the same stop, racing toward the exits, and then again in the same corridor just yesterday evening.

Me: A poorly shaven, umbrella eopneun, curly haired, ajae-shirt wearing white guy of average height and build.

You: A stout white man of at least 190 centimeters with reddish brown hair and imposing in build, facial expression, and aggressive walking habits.

See you around~

It was I, my walking is assertive not aggressive and it was definitely your fault.

donovan

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2018, 09:24:00 AM »
Haha. That was quick. And I thought you might say so :wink:

Care to go through Waygook arbitration on the matter? Could be fun~
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:35:48 AM by donovan »

Offline StillInKorea

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2018, 09:36:29 AM »

See you around~

It was I, my walking is assertive not aggressive and it was definitely your fault.

You should have yielded to the alpha with no umbrella.

donovan

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2018, 09:37:58 AM »

See you around~

You should have yielded to the alpha with no umbrella.

1-0

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2018, 12:39:52 PM »
Thank you for this thread Donovan. I too have a missed connection.

I saw you a while back at the train station. You were walking quite hurriedly and carrying a large iron over your shoulder. You were right next to me as you paid $200+$50 to some gentleman near the currency exchange. I noticed you because your face resembled someone on the front page of the newspapers I was selling, who had recently been named CEO.

Me: A young lad in slouch cap, selling newspapers.

You: A stout bald elderly gentleman with a white mustache, top hat, and tuxedo.

Anyways, congratulations on your promotion. 

donovan

« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2018, 01:24:15 PM »
I'm glad to see someone finally pick up on one of my thread initiatives (Those "yo country so gay" umbrella jokes went nowhere. Nor did my "Korea or Aging?" thread go quite as envisioned :cry:), but I'm not sure where you're going with this one yet, Marty. I was expecting something more like:

Me: Sweat-drenched, middle-aged commuter in a crumpled polo on line 3 at nine am.

You: A woman half my age but just my type in fetching business attire. You got on at Yangjae Station and stood conspicuously close to me in the crowded car. You had your head down checking your Facebook page on your phone the entire time, as is inviting me to peer into your personal life. I could sense when you coyly coughed, you weren't simply clearing your throat, but were sending me a veiled signal. But what? You were too shy too look me in the eyes, but I never took my eyes off of you. I had planned to get off five stops earlier, but I took you up on your little game, followed your lead in exiting at Euljiro, but in the crush of people we somehow got separated. A brisk walk up and down Cheonggyecheon yielded no results. I must have devastated you with my flat-footedness. Please don't misinterpret my innocent mistake as a signal of uninterest. If you're out there, PM me with the color of my flip-flops in the title.

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2018, 02:10:35 PM »
Well I do have one more-

Me: A young Korean college student in his 20s, with pink sweater and white shirt and laptop bag.

You: A young woman in a pastel blue jacket and plaid blouse and jeans. We were at Bupyeong station and you were quite drunk. You almost fell over the subway railing and I pulled you back. Then on the subway car you scolded some random people and then vomited all over an elderly gentleman, soiling his wig. I had to give up my sweater and shirt to clean up the gentleman you soiled with your vomit. Because you were so drunk and I was worried for your safety, I took you to a motel. Nothing happened between us, and I was just trying to make sure you were safe, but someone called you and thought I might have been up to no good. We were separated when the police busted in and hauled me off. I remember you called me "Honey" right before you passed out after vomiting. Maybe I remind you of someone special? Anyways, I'm not normally attracted to drunken girls, but you are my type. If you'd like to meet again, that would be nice.

I'm currently studying scriptwriting and movies. Do you like movies?

donovan

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2018, 02:21:07 PM »

Uncle Moneybags?

Offline Mr.DeMartino

• Waygook Lord
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 02:32:05 PM »

Uncle Moneybags?
It's him!

But it looks like he's fallen on tough times. I guess his time as Chariman of the Board led to some sort of scandal. Or perhaps he's been arrested for speeding or owing rent or some other trumped up charges.

Offline ESLTurtle

• Super Waygook
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 02:39:44 PM »
Me: Probably the most attractive foreigner in South Korea (because there's no competition here).  8) I was wearing lovely dress shoes with well-fitted slacks and a brilliant dress shirt. My ankles were showing as I'm updated on the trends and not a buffoon like certain individuals residing in this country that are also foreign, like myself. My legs, well-shaven because I'm not a gorilla, like the ones you often see in Itaewon or in your local gym. A fine and divine body, you'd think I was the direct descendant of the Angel, Gabriel.  8) My handbag was also priceless, as it looked like the girl of your dreams, ya dotard. My handbag is the waist of the girl you see on TV, if you actually watch tv (considering your 1.8m starting hagwon job actually gives you one, lmao).

You: Some sasquatch-lookin' madafaka that probably eats at 김밥천국 on a daily basis, spends money on alcohol, and spreads information on social media that you're "living the life" failing to pick up chicks in a "hunting bar". Think it's time to invest in some health products... even that crappy 6만원 electric shave in olive young will do ya justice. Come on buddy.

damn...  :lipsrsealed:

Offline JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2018, 04:01:09 PM »
Well I do have one more-
... then vomited all over an elderly gentleman, soiling his wig. ...

Great writing.
11/10.
Would read again.

donovan

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2018, 07:20:43 PM »
Me: A half-dazed man with serious phlegm peering through your window only to see the lights out and nobody inside.

You: A pharmacy at 6 pm on a saturday.

Offline kyndo

• Moderator LVL 1
  • The Legend
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2018, 02:59:36 PM »
Me: Small, young, autistic child with a shoe fixation loitering alone at a busy subway station without adult supervision.

You: Human-sized chittering Judas Cockroach, aka "Mr. Funny Shoes".
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 03:17:23 PM by kyndo »

donovan

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2018, 03:12:53 PM »
Me: Small, young, ausistic child with a shoe fixation loitering alone at a busy subway station without adult supervision.

Meet me at Armory Station.

i wont be ignored

Offline dippedinblush

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2018, 08:43:57 AM »
Me: Small, young, ausistic child with a shoe fixation loitering alone at a busy subway station without adult supervision.

Meet me at Armory Station.

i wont be ignored

So random!!!! HAHAHA to the both of you!!!!! You've made my morning!  :P

donovan

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2018, 10:27:54 AM »
Not as random as it looks at first... blush. There was a lead up, but on a different thread. I assume kyndo was worried about being labeled a derailer, so he moved it to a more appropriate thread. :undecided:

Funny enough, I feel like Iíve stumbled upon the tactic independently.

The beauty of convergent evolution at work!
I'd like to think it's a form of Batesian convergent mimicry.  :wink:

If you ever see me on the subway, donít be afraid to smile and nod!

Offline Mr C

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2018, 10:31:18 AM »

Uncle Moneybags?
I think it's Uncle Pennybags.

donovan

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2018, 11:54:04 AM »

Uncle Moneybags?
I think it's Uncle Pennybags.
zat all he got in them bags?