November 18, 2018, 02:13:10 PM

Author Topic: 2-나 ; Tuna?  (Read 593 times)

Online JNM

• The Legend
2-나 ; Tuna?
« on: June 08, 2018, 02:00:15 PM »
Some of the election posters have “나” after the candidate’s number.

I have seen some paired with another candidate with just the number.

What does this mean?

Offline shostager

• Veteran
Re: 2-나 ; Tuna?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 02:16:47 PM »
I was under the impression that the numbers were designated by party, and the addition (나) was to differentiate when multiple candidates were running under the same party.

I could totally be wrong, though.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2018, 02:18:27 PM »
I think it is the 가 - 1  나 - 2 that follows the Korean alphabet.  Like on their tests it has the answers in that order.
As I typed it, I double checked the photo. I’m pretty sure I saw a few “1-가” now that you mention it.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2018, 03:17:12 PM »
On a side note have you noticed how photoshopped the images are?

Why would you fake your image when applying for a job in a position of trust? Doesn't bode well.

I met a city mayor candidate in my city and he had Black hair but on all the advertisements he was photoshopped with grey hair. I assume to appear more wise and aged?
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Online gjp11

• Newgookin
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 03:40:33 PM »
I was under the impression that the numbers were designated by party, and the addition (나) was to differentiate when multiple candidates were running under the same party.

I'm like 95% certain you are right. If there are multiple people from the same party then they differentiate them that way. I guess they dont have primaries for some races in Korea.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 04:04:01 PM »

Why would you fake your image when applying for a job in a position of trust? Doesn't bode well.

I met a city mayor candidate in my city and he had Black hair but on all the advertisements he was photoshopped with grey hair. I assume to appear more wise and aged?

A friend of mine ran in a Canadian provincial election a few years ago. She was instructed not to change her hairstyle once the poster photos were shot.

Offline leaponover

• Super Waygook
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2018, 01:02:30 PM »

Like asking why you would put on makeup.  Why is real life photoshopping okay, but doing it in a picture absolutely untrustworthy?  :huh:

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2018, 01:08:12 PM »

Like asking why you would put on makeup.  Why is real life photoshopping okay, but doing it in a picture absolutely untrustworthy?  :huh:

When you do larger than life blow-ups, you always need to do some retouching, but here they go a little crazy with it, despite the large amounts of "live" make-up on "life" plastic-surgery-enhanced faces.

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2018, 02:28:22 PM »

The point is the guy didn't change his hair color to gray in real life. He could have done so very easily but chose to lie on the promotional poster instead. Actions speak louder than words photos. :rolleyes:
Can I refill your eggnog for you? Get you something to eat? Drive you out to the middle of nowhere and leave you for dead?

Offline AvecPommesFrites

• Expert Waygook
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2018, 02:29:21 PM »

I'm like 95% certain you are right. If there are multiple people from the same party then they differentiate them that way. I guess they dont have primaries for some races in Korea.

This is 100% correct.

Online JNM

• The Legend
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2018, 03:55:44 PM »

This is 100% correct.

It isn't.  There can only be one person from each party for each position up for election.  My province has five different ballots going, hence the noise and electioneering.  가 - 1  나 - 2 is for each ballot, not to differentiate between multiple candidates from the same party going for one position.  That isn't allowed.

I have been more observant the past few days.

I have seen numbers, numbers followed by 가, and numbers followed by 나.

I have seen both suffixes after 1 and 2.

As with most things here, I assume that implementation is not consistent because guidelines are vague, but it does look like there are different contests designated by the suffixes.

On a side note, one candidate had a van in Bangbae with a glyph combination of 🚫 and 📣.  I would vote for her if I could!