November 18, 2018, 02:08:44 PM

Author Topic: What do you think is the cheapest way to send packages?  (Read 430 times)

Offline cashclay

• Veteran
What do you think is the cheapest way to send packages?
« on: May 31, 2018, 03:25:07 AM »
I need to send a couple of things to the US.  Which method of shipping do you guys think is the cheapest?  Thanks

Online MayorHaggar

• The Legend
Re: What do you think is the cheapest way to send packages?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2018, 04:53:02 AM »
Surface mail by boat. It's a green form at the post office. Make sure they can do that to the US. Should be 20,000 to 30,000 won versus 60,000 and up for EMS. In general overseas shipping costs at Korea Post are cheap compared to sending stuff from the USA.

If they can't do the boat mail to the USA, I think there are courier companies that specialize in sending stuff overseas but their websites will probably be in Korean.

Online thunderlips

• Hero of Waygookistan
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2018, 08:48:10 AM »
Surface mail by boat. It's a green form at the post office. Make sure they can do that to the US. Should be 20,000 to 30,000 won versus 60,000 and up for EMS. In general overseas shipping costs at Korea Post are cheap compared to sending stuff from the USA.

If they can't do the boat mail to the USA, I think there are courier companies that specialize in sending stuff overseas but their websites will probably be in Korean.

Yep by boat cheapest takes 3-4 months to arrive. Is it small stuff? Under 2 kg there is a small package service that is fast and cheap.

Offline didinicks

• Waygookin
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 08:30:54 AM »
Mail by boat was definitely the cheapest of all choices in my experience. From what I recall, my packages arrived well in Canada and the U.S. It just took some time to get there.